What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins Job in Jeopardy (ringos words with specific win requirements)

Re: Hawkins in Job in Jeapordy (ringos words with specific win requirements)

Wuss. :cool:

Snowy's just lucky he's got a friend like me to go out on that limb for him.... :smile2:
:rofl: thank you kind moderator. It was buggin the **** out of me.

[video=youtube;ghYheDkha0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghYheDkha0o&feature=related[/video]

Pretty interesting to watch that again a few years later.

:rofl: thank you kind moderator. It was buggin the **** out of me.

It still shows up wrong at the top of all the reply posts, though...

Just wanted to make sure you were noticing that.... :smile2:

My God, he did look like he was about to ball. If he knew things were bad between Hagan and Scott, and he wanted Scott here, why didnt he step in and take control of the situation? I mean there is a reason he has the title of head coach. If Hagan needed to be taken down a peg or two, clearly looks like that, Hawk has to sack up and do that. If Hagan was really asking Scott if he wanted to transfer all year, that isnt somebody you want on your staff. I dont care if he is a CU legend or not.

Hagan just needed th STFU, but he just kept talking. I would have thought that Hawkins would have at least had some type of prepared statement..

From what I read in the paper this morning its sound like Hagan is extremely disappointed and angry with Scott. They had to have known for quite some time, as those on his FB page did, that there was a serious problem. Either the coaches didn't pick up on the problem or they were misinformed by DS as to what his intentions were. Announcing your intention to transfer via text message is somewhat weak sauce.

Maybe Scott doesn't have the heart to go with talent. We've all see more than a few stories of F* players that had the talent but were missing one of the other key ingredients to go all the way. Mustain, Perriloux, Houston, all guys that transfered or got kicked off and never amounted to much. Is DS one of those guys? Time will tell.

I certainly dont blame him for the way things have gone. Hes a power runner and he's got no blocking. He's been replaced by a small but fast Darren Sproles type of guy. Maybe we should have given him his 20 reps per game and watched him get pasted. Oh well. Hawkins put a lot of band aids on this program and now they are coming off. He's on a bad team right now and the ship is sinking. Something is not right with the captain of the ship either. He will not be the last rat to jump off. Its every man for himself. Good luck Darrell.

he doesnt care he won the prize and now he lost it to go shine else where anyhow goodluck d.scott...show these lameass wannabe coachs how good you are when you play in 2011..

he doesnt care he won the prize and now he lost it to go shine else where anyhow goodluck d.scott...show these lameass wannabe coachs how good you are when you play in 2011..

I hate when people do this to me, but I need a really good laugh, and it will have to be at your expense. Sorry.

J-Fly? Is that you?

:smile2:

He did look stressed.

I like Hawk as a person, he is a great person, but this is a business, and when a business continues to struggle, you have to make changes to survive.

Hagan just needed to STFU, but he just kept talking.
A couple of weeks ago, Keisau put himself in the same situation while talking about QB rotations, whether Hansen was indeed The QB as Kiesau first said, or if Cody was The 2-Minute QB as Keisau waffled and backtracked.

Then Coach Hawk wouldn't STFU either. Do these guys bring their own shovels to their grave-digging parties or what?

hey man, according to this board, all I am is a bleeding heart liberal. but really, all I feel is sad for the guy. He really did try his hardest, and he's failing miserably. Not a fun thing to go through. His life ambitions are ****ed. I don't wish that on anyone but Slick Rick and a few other choice individuals. :huh:

Man you are soft Snow... If its so damn hard, Talkins then should QUIT.. Just quit.. What part of the whole fanbase doesn't want you anymore as head coach don't you understand Talkins? The clown has made millions of dollars for being quite possibly the worst head coach in CU history. .And now let's feel sorry for him because "he tried"? Please..

Goodbye Talkins.

BTW, I love this blog posting, but Ringo isn't exactly dialing it up on his so called "predictions" this year.. I think as BB said, Ringo is just stating the obvious and no I don't believe anyone in the adminstration really gives a damn if we hang on and beat Nebraska for a
5th win.. If anyone who has a clue and is paying attention they would know that a win against the Corn isn't what it used to be..

Oh, and FU Hagan.

Last edited:

He just says no comment. I don't really have a problem with that. It's more about how he looks. He's just done. Looks like he is going to cry. I feel bad for the guy, but we just need to move on.

i feel bad for hawk too....i know he wanted to succeed....and i know he felt he was on the right path....so far it hasn't worked out and that is too bad....but i liked the guy....:huh:

That was one pathetic response. Here was a guy that was in denial. The problems most fans saw from year 1 were never addressed. His nonsensical responses bothered lots of people. Everyone, but Hawk was looking for a lot of improvement and many of the O and D problems, ones that he failed to every publicly address or admit. That interview looked like reality snuck around the defenses he built up to keep the problems away. I pitied a guy who looked like a candidate for the psych's couch. But, that is for him an his family to address after he leaves CU.

This pic says it all. To me this is a guy who knows it's over. He's failed. He's done but he is trying his hardest to hold it back and not let everyone see it.

I do feel sorry for him. He went big, took a huge risk leaving his comfy BSU job and I respect him going for it. Sometimes, though, it blows up in your face.
dumbhawk.jpg
I hope he learns from this and has better success next time.

See now let this one throw you for a loop.

I don't feel sorry for Hawkins if he loses his job. It comes with the territory. If he loses his job for not meeting the admins expectations then so be it. That is to be expected.

I do feel like Buff Nation has treated him unfairly though, and has assaulted the man more than they have assaulted the coach. Some how it all got personal between him and the fan base. That is something that should have never happened.

I don't care for how the man has been treated, but I don't feel sorry for Hawkins the coach. Big time jobs come with Big time pressure.

I thought solich was F**KED when he got fired. Talkins won't even be able to get a MAC WAC give me a paddy wack job after he's run off.:lol:

:confused::confused: Are you OK Chilly?

See everyone confuses my position.

I admire Hawkins as a person, but I don't pity him.

I don't like how our fan base has acted through this entire thing, but it doesn't mean that Hawkins doesn't have to meet the expectation of his boss, what ever those maybe.

Just because I like what he represents and would like to see him have a shot a turning this around, does not mean I feel sorry for him if he loses his job.

Seriously. If I could get any of you at a tailgate talking football with me, I think you entire impression of my thoughts on this situation would change.

Nah, that's about what I thought. I just threw that in because I hadn't seen you put it in those terms before. I just feel bad for Hawk the person because Hawk the coach hasn't done the job. I've had my moments where I have felt like I didn't like him, but I think he's a good person and wish him the best.

I feel bad for Hawk just like I feel bad for anyone who puts everything they have into trying to do something to the best of their ability in all ways.

I believe that Hawk really does care about the players (even those he has mishandled,) his assistants, the staff, the fans, and the university. I think that even after he has been long gone he will care for the CU football program.

He is clearly a good man with strong morals, a great work ethic, and a drive to succeed.

That all said being a head FB coach at a Big XII school is first, last, and always about winning. Winning the right way is important but the right way without winning is not doing the job. Anyone in this position has to understand this and that they are paid very very to do just that, win.

If you don't win, you are replaced. Bad guys who win keep their jobs, good guys who lose don't. Hawk hasn't won and shows no sign that that is going to change soon.

I would like to have him for a neighbor, a co-worker, a coach of a HS team. I don't want him coaching my college FB team. . .

GREAT clip.... pretty much sums up why he cannot continue as CU's coach. He was supposed to be an inspirational and motivational guy. I have not seen that in 4 years and this clip just shows what a terrible coach and motivator he is. He does not have the personality or drive to coach big time college football

GREAT clip.... pretty much sums up why he cannot continue as CU's coach. He was supposed to be an inspirational and motivational guy. I have not seen that in 4 years and this clip just shows what a terrible coach and motivator he is. He does not have the personality or drive to coach big time college football

No its not a great clip, the man is truly in pain and I take no pleasure is seeing his countenance so low. I am not defending him as a coach but I have compassion for what appears to be a broken humbled man. He is not an arrogant SOB like the last dickwad we had in here and it really sucks that he has not been more successful in W-L column.

Back