What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins on 9 news...

OK, I've got to ask because, you know, I'm a "Hawk lover," but what exactly was the context of the question and his answer? Because I do not, for one second, believe he thinks losing is OK just as long as you are doing things right. I mean, wouldn't most of you agree that the most important thing in life is doing whatever you do with honor? You guys may be totally correct in asserting that he has no clue as a coach. But if Mac, yeah, I'm pulling the Mac card, had said, after turning the program around, that "I'm proud of our record, but what is more important is that we do it the right way," he would have been embraced. So, you guys aren't pissed at Hawkins so much for his remark as you are that he made the remark on the heels of 4 losing seasons.

What planet are you on? The guy is only spewing this crap because he has failed at CU and he's trying to tell everyone that winning is no longer important? Time and time again he says things that leave cu fans wondering why in the hell is he even coaching. Is this supposed to motivate,players,fans and anyone else who wants cu football to be relevant again? How anyone can continually defend this guy is laughable...

I dont think DBT is defending him, he's just raising the point that if he's was winning this would be a non-issue, and what we are really piss4ed off about is the losing, not the talking.

I dont think DBT is defending him, he's just raising the point that if he's was winning this would be a non-issue, and what we are really piss4ed off about is the losing, not the talking.

I am pissed about the talking. I Agree that if he was winning this would be a non-issue, but no one wants to hear a coach with a 16-33 record talk about how "Its not about winning."

I was moving towards laying off the guy at least until a few games into the season (can't go into the season with so much negativity), but when I heard that last night... :pissed:

What planet are you on? The guy is only spewing this crap because he has failed at CU and he's trying to tell everyone that winning is no longer important? Time and time again he says things that leave cu fans wondering why in the hell is he even coaching. Is this supposed to motivate,players,fans and anyone else who wants cu football to be relevant again? How anyone can continually defend this guy is laughable...
Come on. Did he really say that?

Anyway, I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate here. Don't shoot me. I get it. He hasn't gotten it done and it looks like there is a very good chance that he won't get it done and, in the face of all that, he comes up with quotes from the book of Zen. Kind of turns me off too. But I don't think that he believes, for one second, that winning isn't important. I think, in that regard, many of you kind of don't give him enough credit, if that's the right phrase.

Come on. Did he really say that?

Anyway, I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate here. Don't shoot me. I get it. He hasn't gotten it done and it looks like there is a very good chance that he won't get it done and, in the face of all that, he comes up with quotes from the book of Zen. Kind of turns me off too. But I don't think that he believes, for one second, that winning isn't important. I think, in that regard, many of you kind of don't give him enough credit, if that's the right phrase.

Yes, he did. I saw the clip. He said "It's not about winning and losing, it's about getting up every day, working hard, doing things the right way and being about the whole deal". Yes, the quotations are intentional. You can't spin that. DH is now selling losing as winning. I recall a post game interview where he actually said you can lose a game and still win followed up by some Ernie Banks quote. At the time, I thought he was trying to say you can outplay your opponent, have a few bad breaks and still lose, but I am beginning to believe DH may be getting comfortable with the idea his job is "bigger" than just winning FB games and is thereby becoming comfortable with losing. Frankly, I think he may be losing touch with reality.

They had a clip of him saying...it is not about winning ball games it is about getting up in the morning and doing things right.

When you only win 1 out of every 3 games, of course it isn't about wins. I wouldn't expect our joke of a coach to say anything else. Every other football program that cares would never keep a coach around with this bad of a record. The vast majority of coaches that get fired have the press conference and ultimately say they didn't win enough football games. Effing NU fired Solitch for only winning 8 out of 11 games every year and said that was not good enough.

CU Admin does not care about winning games, so we still have a head coach that does not care about winning games.

Even if Hawkins truly believes that character development is more important than winning when you're running a multi-million dollar business, he should have the sense not to make a public statement about it.

Back