What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawkins (Talkins) to stay the course. Press conference.

JimmyBuff

Kind of amusing press conference..

Hawkins said no one hurts more after a CU loss than him and he's working hard to get problems corrected, but he's not worried about his job security.

"I'm always secure," he said. "Whether you approve of me or disapprove of me really doesn't affect my self-esteem. It really doesn't.

"I know this. My boss is sitting over here and we're doing things right by the kids. We're doing things right by the school, and we're doing things right football-wise. We're doing things the way you're supposed to do them. I know that."

Hawkins said he doesn`t believe bigger changes are needed at this point and he`s not about to reinvent himself or his program. He said he relies on nearly 30 years of coaching experience telling him he is on the right track.

"You do what you believe in," he said. "And you hang in there and you keep plugging away. In the end, the thing cracks. It cracks for everybody.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13345666?source=most_viewed

Might have already been posted, I'm a day late catching up with the PC stuff. Just thought it was kind of funny..

"In the end, the thing cracks."

Sounds like he's predicting his own demise. The thing being the CU program.

hes kinda of the it dont matter what u do, its how u do it school. thats fine, i agree with that, just let me know when we can do that.

"I know this. My boss is sitting over here and we're doing things right by the kids. We're doing things right by the school, and we're doing things right football-wise. We're doing things the way you're supposed to do them. I know that."

If by that he means we are not risking injury to the players by having them tackle or block anyone during games, and everyone gets to play regardless of ability, than yeah he is doing right football-wise.

"we're doing things right football-wise" - Dan Hawkins 2009

"I know we are doing a good job" - Bill Callahan 2007

Scary!:puke:

one thing that alarmed me is when he mentioned they never worked on tackling at Boise. This isnt Boise, our guys need to be hitting in practice. No wonder we cant tackle. Polk will be a monster once he knows what the hell he is doing. He needs basics on tackling and he will be fine.

"You do what you believe in," he said. "And you hang in there and you keep plugging away. In the end, the thing cracks. It cracks for everybody."

Maybe:

"..the thing.." that cracks is the wall of negativity, I guess. Coach might be in quite a funk these days. He might feel that his players and fans are, too. He wants to see daylight, he wants players and fans to see daylight, too, he wants to see a crack in the wall of negativity that he's surrounded by at this point in time.

I would rather listen to static than listen to Hawkins again. He doesn't say anything worth listening to. It's almost like the random noise that's played in a POW camp to confuse, torture and disorient the prisoners.

[video=youtube;Qg6HKkedhyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6HKkedhyI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6HKkedhyI[/video]

Back