What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk's seat is getting hotter again.

Anything can still happen, I don't care what you guys try and talk yourselves into. If they had a donor a few weeks ago, I am sure they still have that same group and now that the news is out that they had the money, I am sure there are others who would jump on that train too.

If the pressure stays on, and they keep finding that donations get worse over the next few weeks which is peak time for donations, their hand may finally be forced. The key though, is for this not to go away for the next few weeks. I think it will, but if it doesn't it could easily snowball into them getting rid of Hawk.

For me, I won't believe he is the coach until I see him on the sidelines each week, and yes that goes for each week of the season as we will be dealing with this until he is either:

-Fired

or

-He is at least a game above .500 for a sustainable period of time.

Guess which of those two scenarios won't be happening.

Anything can still happen, I don't care what you guys try and talk yourselves into. If they had a donor a few weeks ago, I am sure they still have that same group and now that the news is out that they had the money, I am sure there are others who would jump on that train too.

If the pressure stays on, and they keep finding that donations get worse over the next few weeks which is peak time for donations, their hand may finally be forced. The key though, is for this not to go away for the next few weeks. I think it will, but if it doesn't it could easily snowball into them getting rid of Hawk.

For me, I won't believe he is the coach until I see him on the sidelines each week, and yes that goes for each week of the season as we will be dealing with this until he is either:

-Fired

or

-He is at least a game above .500 for a sustainable period of time.

Guess which of those two scenarios won't be happening.

Unless Hawk does something absolutely ridiculous or absurd in the off-season, he will be back. This momentum that keeps rolling up will be enough to get rid of him after next season, but not before. If you think Hawk is really on a hot seat you are mistaken. The supposed media "pressure" and "public unrest" about the decision is really almost non-existent... two guys on a radio show aren't a big deal to the decision makers.

:lol:

I am glad you think all that. You going to keep up the delusions about Shanny coming to Boulder as well?

Just keep your thoughts to yourself more often. Thanks.

:lol:

I am glad you think all that. You going to keep up the delusions about Shanny coming to Boulder as well?

Just keep your thoughts to yourself more often. Thanks.

Hey now, watch the Shanny comments, there is a reason he's still in my avatar!:cool::smile2:

If (when?) Hawk fails to win next year it will be easier for the admin to claim that they gave him fair warning and he did not perform. At the same time the buyout will be much closer to $2 million that $3 million and easier to justify politically.

Bottom line he will get one more year no matter what, win next year and we get him until at least the end of his contract (no matter what he does in 2011 & 2012.)

10 plays away...no excuses...
I'm not quite sure about this.

Sure, the Kansas and Texas A&M games could have turned easily on a single completion to those overthrown receivers that were running lose at the end of the game. Two plays and those two games could have turned completely around.

But against Wyoming? Technically "8 plays" could have certainly made the difference in that game, but they weren't the better team. I guess 8 INTs returned for TDs, or kick returns that scored, fumbles scooped and returned. I mean, anything COULD happen.

I'm not sure Wyoming only could have used 8 plays to turn that game around.

I do think Hawk will deliver us to that next level in 2010. I have faith - he convinced me me.

There's no way they fire him now short of him saying/doing something really bad. He won't and he'll be here next year. There's also no way the eternal optimist in Hawk would ever resign.

I think it would help coach Hawkins if he came out to the media and had a list of things that he was going to CHANGE this off-season. Instead of saying that he'll review each of his assistants performance during their tenor, he says that the staff will remain unchanged, unless an assistant leaves. Same goes for his mentioning that we'll be seeing Jr. Hawk again. Why doesn't he put all his chips on Hansen, instead of creating another quarterback fiasco? We are lucky that Cody is our backup, and if Tyler goes down, we're lucky to have an experienced guy under center, but Hawk keeps on with his bumbling ways. Hawk, you stubborn man, tell us how you're going to circle the wagons for 2010, and why we might win next year!

I think Hakins' is going to self-destruct. He posted some books on Twitter this mornign and one of the KC blogs ripped him a new one for one of them. Funny stuff but sad too. How does he keep getting away with being a total tool? I remember Boulder being pretty granola-like ('85 grad) but still...

I think Hakins' is going to self-destruct. He posted some books on Twitter this mornign and one of the KC blogs ripped him a new one for one of them. Funny stuff but sad too. How does he keep getting away with being a total tool? I remember Boulder being pretty granola-like ('85 grad) but still...

I saw that. College football is still in full swing and Hawk is talking about the 5 books that he's going to read this offseason. I want coach to be talking about all the recruits he's looking to sign, not that BS. He also should have added this book to his list, tired of the man speaking of himself in the 3rd person...

http://www.amazon.com/Good-English-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259785665&sr=1-2

There's no way they fire him now short of him saying/doing something really bad. He won't and he'll be here next year. There's also no way the eternal optimist in Hawk would ever resign.

When fund raising and ticket sales both dive it may create heat for Benson and that is Hawk's lifeline right now.

If (when?) Hawk fails to win next year it will be easier for the admin to claim that they gave him fair warning and he did not perform. At the same time the buyout will be much closer to $2 million that $3 million and easier to justify politically.

Bottom line he will get one more year no matter what, win next year and we get him until at least the end of his contract (no matter what he does in 2011 & 2012.)

Maybe I missed it, but did Hawk's buyout get renegotiated along with the AD agreeing to bring him back?

If I was Bohn, I would have told Hawk: We'll bring you back, but your buyout starts at zero at the beginning of the season. Every win next year will increase your buyout by $200,000. We'll agree not to fire you until the earlier of 1)End of the season 2) 7 loses which would eliminate us from bowl eligibility.

That way if he wins 10 games his buyout goes back to $2M, but we would probably keep him with 10 wins.

Maybe I missed it, but did Hawk's buyout get renegotiated along with the AD agreeing to bring him back?

If I was Bohn, I would have told Hawk: We'll bring you back, but your buyout starts at zero at the beginning of the season. Every win next year will increase your buyout by $200,000. We'll agree not to fire you until the earlier of 1)End of the season 2) 7 loses which would eliminate us from bowl eligibility.

That way if he wins 10 games his buyout goes back to $2M, but we would probably keep him with 10 wins.

It didn't get renegotiated as far as I know. The information released on the contract indicates that he gets about $850,000 for each year remaining on the contract if he is fired without cause plus some incidental expenses. One year closer to the termination date of the contract and you reduce one year off the payoff, thus you are closer to the $2M.

It is possible that the contract was renegotiated as part of the agreement to bring him back which would lower this even more but from a money standpoint Hawk had no real reason to give up anything so I doubt he did, thus the approx. $2M next year instead of $3M this year.

Why on earth would Halk agree to anything less than what he's owed? Why would Hawk negotiate against himself?

Hawk is back in 2010 folks. End of story.

We can still completely crush the 2010 recruiting class and make sure anyone from the 2011 class who may be interested is completely set straight though. That's what I think we should be doing. Let's make sure that the recruits are absolutely straight that the fan base won't settle for one more year, even if it meant success on the field. They need to know how we feel!

Anyone go to the basketball game last night?

A lot of things need to happen this offseason, I agree that a thread like this is mostly worthless because it is just not realistic that Hawkins is going to fired now. However, you are going overboard with this angle you are taking on fans ruining the next few recruiting classes. The damage has already been done with the poor season we just completed. I am usually pretty optimistic about recruiting this time of year, but this staff has nothing left to sell. In the end, that will be the reason the recruiting class will end up being mediocre, not the fans.

And yes, I did go to the basketball game last night.

What, you mean it's not obvious to you? :lol: This is what buffalohic has been "arguing" to me in PMs all day. But he doesn't really have to say anything to back up his position, because it's obvious to anyone that he's right.

We won't see a coaching change unless we see an AD change first.

Either way, I think Hawkins is here for ALL of 2010. If they fire him midseason next year, people will lash out "why didn't we fire him then..."

Hawk is the coach in 2010 and I'm trying to cope with that myself.

We won't see a coaching change unless we see an AD change first.

Either way, I think Hawkins is here for ALL of 2010. If they fire him midseason next year, people will lash out "why didn't we fire him then..."

Hawk is the coach in 2010 and I'm trying to cope with that myself.

Agree 100%. The majority of us are upset about the situation that transpired, but it's either support the team, or find something else to distract you next fall. Hawk, should shut his trap, realize that he has something huge to prove, and win. If he falls on his face again, he'll have a hard time finding a job at another BCS school.

What, you mean it's not obvious to you? :lol: This is what buffalohic has been "arguing" to me in PMs all day. But he doesn't really have to say anything to back up his position, because it's obvious to anyone that he's right.

everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they appear to be in the minority like buffaholic and dbt.

:thumbsup:

Why on earth would Halk agree to anything less than what he's owed? Why would Hawk negotiate against himself?

Because the alternative would be he's fired. He might have agreed if keeping his job and salvaging his career are more important than getting paid now to go away.

Unless Hawk does something absolutely ridiculous or absurd in the off-season, he will be back. This momentum that keeps rolling up will be enough to get rid of him after next season, but not before. If you think Hawk is really on a hot seat you are mistaken. The supposed media "pressure" and "public unrest" about the decision is really almost non-existent... two guys on a radio show aren't a big deal to the decision makers.

That is the thing though... If you think it is just two guys on a radio show, then you are even more mistaken than you think I am.

That is the thing though... If you think it is just two guys on a radio show, then you are even more mistaken than you think I am.

I realize Alfred Williams is just more than a guy on a radio show, that's not what I'm saying. I am saying that there isn't a large media and fan outcry over the situation. Vast majority of fans I saw at the game on Friday were pro-Hawkins, and got upset if someone said something negative about him. The media is more concerned with Broncos football or Nuggets basketball then they are the CU football situation. I have not seen the state, local, and national media rip CU yet, I haven't seen the fans overly upset about the situation (besides the few on here that are dedicated), I haven't seen boosters coming out of the woodwork to express their displeasure with the situation. Its sad, but unfortunately, it appears as though alot of people out here don't give a crap, and thats the problem.

I realize Alfred Williams is just more than a guy on a radio show, that's not what I'm saying. I am saying that there isn't a large media and fan outcry over the situation. Vast majority of fans I saw at the game on Friday were pro-Hawkins, and got upset if someone said something negative about him. The media is more concerned with Broncos football or Nuggets basketball then they are the CU football situation. I have not seen the state, local, and national media rip CU yet, I haven't seen the fans overly upset about the situation (besides the few on here that are dedicated), I haven't seen boosters coming out of the woodwork to express their displeasure with the situation. Its sad, but unfortunately, it appears as though alot of people out here don't give a crap, and thats the problem.
:yeahthat:

Compared to the situation when the broncos are bad, this is nothing.

Were you sitting near a bunch of Nebraska fans? :smile2:

Everyone was sitting near Nebraska fans. Heck, I was in the student section with my son and we had Corn in front of us and behind us. There was a disturbing amount of red in that stadium....

Back