What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Helfrich interviewing at Oregon (No longer CU OC)

Re: Helfrich interviewing at Oregon

I wonder if the Ballenger deal has any relation. MB was Helfricjh's hand picked QB once upon a time.

I am thinking he is probably gone, and it doesn't bother me at all.

I don't know where you are getting that. Hawkins said that he knew Ballenger when he was coaching at Boise State and that Ballenger had visited his house in Boise as a friend of Cody's. I always thought that Hawkins had picked Ballenger...

I'd just love to see the same offense two years in a row. Some significant improvement in QB play would be a bonus but figuring out one scheme and sticking to it is where it has to start.

you guys suck. i keep opening this thread, like a kid opening a present on christmas morning... instead, no news. bastards. :lol:

Sweet comic book!

It was a choice between that or Clark Evans and I figure I got more time to switch them up.

clark6.jpg

Damn. Haven't seen that one played in a long time. Good work, MB.

“I am very excited, this is something I’ve been preparing for my entire life,” Kiesau said. “When I got the call when all this was shaking down, it’s a natural progression to move in that direction, especially with what we’re doing offensively.

sweet. smashmouth? no more cutesy nonsense?

Also, Coach hawk is not hiring another QB coach, he is hiring a WR coach... wtf?

sweet. smashmouth? no more cutesy nonsense?

Also, Coach hawk is not hiring another QB coach, he is hiring a WR coach... wtf?

Hopefully this means the end of the dipsy-doodle offense CU ran last year.

Hopefully this means the end of the dipsy-doodle offense CU ran last year.

I thought that we got rid of that already this spring....no?

IMO....Helfrich leaving will only negatively affect our offense next year. Now we are breaking in a new OC and starting from scratch all over again.:sad1:

I thought that we got rid of that already this spring....no?

IMO....Helfrich leaving will only negatively affect our offense next year. Now we are breaking in a new OC and starting from scratch all over again.:sad1:

We may have some growing pains with a new playcaller, but how are we "starting from scratch"?

We may have some growing pains with a new playcaller, but how are we "starting from scratch"?
ya, the dude has been here for years, is universally loved, and is a solid recruiter... Only negative I see here is that now there is nobody to coach up the QBs if we get another WR coach... Does Kiesau have any experience on that level?

Too strong of a statement to be fair. But play calling and adjustments were where we lacked the most over the last couple of years. And I attribute much of that to Helfrich's growing pains.

Now, we have to hope that Kiesau learns quick or is a natural...I hope he is.

Not to mention that Helfrich was actually a QB coach. Kiesau is a WR coach that will now be coaching the QB's. Probably fine for Cody....but I have my concerns about how this will affect Hansen's development as he continues to push for a starting position.

Kiesau will be fine as a QB coach. He played the position in college, he prolly knows more about coaching QB's than WR's

My biggest concern is that Kiseau will be tabbed as a HC somewhere in the next 2-3 years. He's very highly respected throughout the country. I have a hard time getting too upset over losing the OC who guided CU to #11 (or was it #12) in the conference in total offense last year.

Back