What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HELL YEAH MOTHER ****ERS - Simmons enrolled UPDATE - Status not confirmed by AD

Re: HELL YEAH MOTHER ****ERS - Simmons enrolled, cleared to pratice

Nice title. I'M SO ****ING FIRED UP RIGHT NOW I'M RUNNING AROUND NATO SPANKING MY OWN ASS!!! **** YEAH!!!

In NATO speak this event is known as "Monday"... :cool:

I have to admit, I had just about lost hope that this was going to work out for Simmons. SO happy for him, for the team and what the hell, for us!!! We deserve it!!!!!! Seriously, if a kid ever deserved this it sounds like it was him. Maybe sometimes things do work out the way they should... :thumbsup:

Damn, no wonder syko was sunshine pumping a bit the last few days. He was feeling the good vibes coming!

This is great news for the Buffs and Mr. Simmons! Give em hell :drink2:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah

My day is officially made. This may have just turned into a pretty nasty offense, especially by the time Simas is out there. Running backs, pretty salty qb (in my opinion), 2 receivers that have the potential to be the best we've had for awhile (not saying much, i know) and a damn good o-line. Uh oh, North...we just got better.

Does this mean we can stop sending death threats to Independence CC?

Can you FEEL IT??? SUHHH-Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Nice title. I'M SO ****ING FIRED UP RIGHT NOW I'M RUNNING AROUND NATO SPANKING MY OWN ASS!!! **** YEAH!!!

Really? I'm sure the french liaison would've been glad to help.

I know that we're all looking forward to his on-field contributions. I, for one, am really happy for him as an individual. He did a lot of hard work, took the road less traveled, and eventually it paid off him. And I can easily imagine a young 4-y/o way back east cheering for his dad this year -- a father who will don the Black -n- Gold.

Does this mean we can stop sending death threats to Independence CC?

Yeah. But we all need to call them and share the good news.

Our lineup against West Virgina could potentially be Simas and Simmons on the outside with McKnight in the slot. Couple that with Geer at TE and Scott and Speedy catching passes out of the backfield. Sh!* Son.

Wow. Justice prevails, hard work pays. Congratulations and welcome aboard.

:smile:AWESOME News! I'm sure this was a huge load off of Simmons as well.

Hoo Dey!

As much as I am happy to have him on the team, I am most happy for him as a person. What hard work! Nothing is impossible, sometimes things just require harder work!

CONGRATS Mr. Simmons!! I am a huge fan of you and admire you!:smile:

I'm exicted on a number of reasons, but I'm most excited for the following:

Andre has shown a massive desire to play for the Buffs. He took on a crushing course load, has attended every practice, and maintained a positive attitude in spite of the fact that he didn't know he'd be able to play. I'm exicted for him because he worked so hard to get here.

Wow! Was not expecting this at all! This morning I gave this situation about a 5% chance of resolving this way.

Get this kid a jersey and some reps! Go Buffs!!!

:thumbsup:Oh thank g*d! What a huge decision going the Buffs way, and congrats Andre! :smile2::drink2::bounce:

Our lineup against West Virgina could potentially be Simas and Simmons on the outside with McKnight in the slot. Couple that with Geer at TE and Scott and Speedy catching passes out of the backfield. Sh!* Son.

Looks a lot better on paper, but we have yet to see Simmons on the field. Simas - I'm completely comfortable with. Scotty - no question. Simmons, looks like he has great potential but lets keep in perspective here that KJuco was his only other offer. I hope he comes close to achieving the expectations we all have for him (including myself in that list)....

Looks a lot better on paper, but we have yet to see Simmons on the field. Simas - I'm completely comfortable with. Scotty - no question. Simmons, looks like he has great potential but lets keep in perspective here that KJuco was his only other offer. I hope he comes close to achieving the expectations we all have for him (including myself in that list)....
A few other programs loved him (Arkansas for one) but were scared off of him by the academics. His talent was never the issue

Did he play last year? I can only find stats from 2007. But that year he was 3rd in receiving for njcaa with a 97 yards per game average.

Welcome, Andre!! It would have been a shame to have all of that hard work go to waste. :drink2::woot:

Andre Simmons and Shaun Mohler for study hall monitors:goldcup:!!

The lack of offers was because of academics. He is a talent. Like it's been said, he could have taken the easy way and got into Kjuco in May, but he wanted to be a buff and worked his ass off and did what very few thought he could. With that kind of work ethic, I am very excited to see what he brings to the field. He wants to be here!:thumbsup:

This is great news for a kid that wanted to play at CU for a long time. It is almost impossible to get into CU via a Juco. He obviously worked hard and got everything done that he needed to.

Does this mean we can stop calling and yelling at the Juco?

Maddie must have been able to feel the good CU vibes this morning! I took her up to a great playgournd off of Orchard and Quebec and on the way home she was singing the CU fight song in the back seat. She asked if I had the song, so I brought it up on my ipod and we listened to it. She did proclaim the Tuba Cheer her favorite though......:smile2:

Maddie must have been able to feel the good CU vibes this morning! I took her up to a great playgournd off of Orchard and Quebec and on the way home she was singing the CU fight song in the back seat. She asked if I had the song, so I brought it up on my ipod and we listened to it. She did proclaim the Tuba Cheer her favorite though......:smile2:
Where is there a playground at Orchard & Quebec? Back behind Greenwood Athletic Club?

Where is there a playground at Orchard & Quebec? Back behind Greenwood Athletic Club?

yeah, just north of it is a big metal arch. Go under it (to the west) and it is back behind some large decorated concrete walls. best playground I have ever seen for the kids. Plus, it you walk southwest on the path, you come to a splash area, little streams made from flat flagstone, little pools, and then the shooting water and waterfalls for the kids to play in. My girls had sooo much fun this morning.

Correct me if I am wrong but he has to practice 3 days without pads and a certain number of days with full contact/pads before he can play. Does that mean that in the next 12 days he will have practiced enough to play?

yeah, just north of it is a big metal arch. Go under it (to the west) and it is back behind some large decorated concrete walls. best playground I have ever seen for the kids. Plus, it you walk southwest on the path, you come to a splash area, little streams made from flat flagstone, little pools, and then the shooting water and waterfalls for the kids to play in. My girls had sooo much fun this morning.

That park is awesome

Back