What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Here is what I know...

CUHills

There is a team meeting today where Bzdelik is going to tell the team he is taking the job at
Wake. He is going there tomorrow to "interview" and accept the job. He has already offered
McClain to come with him to be his top assistant and be the highest paid assistant coach in
the ACC. Bzdelik knows McClain is a great recruiter and got all our guys here and wants to
stay with him. I also know for a fact that McClain told Bzdelik no because he wants this job.
Him, his wife, his son moved to colorado 3 years ago and want to be here for the long run.
Everyone in the program is extremely pissed Bzdelik is leaving and the ship will completely
sink should McClain not get this job

Everyone in the program is extremely pissed Bzdelik is leaving and the ship will completely
sink should McClain not get this job

That is a bit reactionary. Emotions are high right now. McClain may be the right person for the job. The loyalty the players feel toward him is a major factor in his favor. But I have trouble accepting that it's automatic "DOOM" if someone else was hired. There are a lot of coaches out there who would be able to hold this team together and bring in this important recruiting class.

I'm actually a McClain supporter. I believe he'd do a great job for CU. I'm just saying that we need to go through the process and hire him for the right reasons.

Thanks for the info, Hills. Glad to have you on AllBuffs.

McClain is the only logical succession to Bzdelik. He's familiar with the job Bzdelik has done over the past seasons and create continuity. I don't think Bzdelik is done here. Next year is our big season and he, of all people, should see that. Next year, our last year with Higgins, is our prime time to hit the NCAA tournament or at the very least, the NIT. I'm sad to see Coach so eager to get away from CU. He tried hard last off-season and he's trying hard now.

Jeff Bzdelik is a good guy and I look forward to following his career though I am sad to see him abandon a job that's almost done.

Is McClain the Shooter looking guy who coached the team during the time that Bzz was away while the Buffs were in Maui?

Yes, that's him. Coach John McClain, badass...

diehardRpt.jpg

This is a tricky scenario. Alec Burks' dad made some chilling remarks that would lead one to believe that if McClain is not the chosen one, then AB is gone. While that would totally suck, one player should not dictate AD decisions. Besides, Burks will likely declare after next season anyways. The school needs to do whats in the best interest in the long-term for CU basketball. Sadly, I don't have much faith in our decision-makers.

Higgins wouldn't follow Bz to Wake so he could play 1 year year of college ball close to his had, would he? Nahhh....

So - The report now states that Buzz told the team he HAS NOT received an offer. What's up with dat?

So - The report now states that Buzz told the team he HAS NOT received an offer. What's up with dat?

Sorry, every time I see or hear "what up wit dat?" I think of this...

[video=youtube;ELag3LFbVIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELag3LFbVIc[/video]

Also, pretty much the way I felt when I read this for the first time Friday night. :huh:

ugh this is nightmarish... maybe where all caught in the fog of war and this is all bull****... maybe... and maybe my fat ass is the worlds great athlete

Back