What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Here's what I believe to be happening

I'm still convinced that Pendergast picked up on something on film and it's been passed on to every D since. CU's trap/counter blocking scheme always leaves guys unblocked as they shouldn't be able to react quick enough to be part of the play. USC was able to react so quick, they knew what was happening. It's been the same since, to the point we don't use that deception much.

I think you are right in the timing, but I don’t think the problems are that difficult to pick up. When I’ve rewatched games in slow mo, focusing on line play, I see unblocked players (unblocked seemingly on purpose) upending whole plays - usually crashing down the line. It seems a schematic choice (or necessity because we can’t win one-on-one blocking battles), and my worry as to why we had Sefo running so much (to give us an extra blocker to pick up that schematic, unfortunate imbalance).

There are also definitely times when we just miss blocks or get badly beaten. So many times we have a blocker is standing around as the play crashes near his feet. (I understand that happens in every offense, but the frequency and timing are so... offensive.)

Last edited:
I think I was the first to post that. His mentor is the Broncos OL Coach. New technique. Both suck

Frankly, that is really good news if we think about it. If the failure is one of concept and training techinque, that can be addressed far more quickly than just bad OL talent.

I think Katie will stay if Coach MAC doesn’t get a HC job somewhere else if he’s done after this season, then again, another HC may bring in his own staff. Crazy times ahead!

AD gets their way. Started off the week in a frenzy for a new coach/coach fired/no he isn't... I am so disinterested in a coach search already. I am going with HCMM is the Buffs coach. Speculating. Trying to read all these tea leaves and watching planes track through the sky is absolutely exhausting.

WTTF

Back