What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Here's what I saw....

ahoelsken

1. Let me preface this by saying there's been plenty of criticism of Brian Lindgren already tonight----His gameplan was garbage. We hit the deep ball early, then get inside the 10 and run the ball three times and have to settle for a field goal. I'm not going to say much more about tonight, but I'll say this about him. I was wondering if he was ready for this level (For those who forget, he was the Offensive Coordinator at Northern Arizona as recently as 2011) when MacIntyre announced last year that he was bringing him here. Athletes like P-Rich can make anyone look good; good coaching is what you do when you don't have talent like that. When we have a money pool of $2.5m for the assistants, we've got a right as a fanbase to expect a better gameplan than what we saw tonight. If this year is as rough as we all think it will be, Lindgren needs be demoted or let go.
2. This team got dominated at the LOS on both sides. I think our front seven still isn't any good, and it will take several recruiting classes for that to be fixed. There was zero pressure on Grayson for most of the night, and Dee Hart and Jarrells were running through absurdly large holes. The offensive line got pushed around----some of which can be attributed to the rather vanilla playcalling, but still.
3. This was Sefo Liufau's worst game. He looked scared. Look no further than the number of checkdowns he settled for (One stands out on 3rd and 12 late in the 4th quarter). One of the other things I noticed was this---Where was the kid who stood his ground like he did against UCLA last year tonight when he got knocked around? He played scared.
4. Where was Bryce Bobo? There was all this talk coming out of camp and spring ball about his big play ability.........and he doesn't make the box score tonight.

Back