What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hey Austin area AllBuffers!

HotRack

Rez BubbleHead
Club Member
I'm checking out places to do our Austin game watches this year. Looked at Mr. Trampps at 183 and Burnet today. A definite possibility.

I'm going to go to Gibson's on South Lamar across from the Alamo Draft House and the Highball for Friday Happy Hour to check the place out. Plan to be there around 5, if not EARLIER!

Come join me for a barley soda or two! Love to meet ya! Give me a heads up if you're coming so I can watch out for you. Also, if you inputs for other places let me know, and we can go check them out.

I'll obviously be wearing Buff Gear. :thumbsup:

I'm checking out places to do our Austin game watches this year. Looked at Mr. Trampps at 183 and Burnet today. A definite possibility.

I'm going to go to Gibson's on South Lamar across from the Alamo Draft House and the Highball for Friday Happy Hour to check the place out. Plan to be there around 5, if not EARLIER!

Come join me for a barley soda or two! Love to meet ya! Give me a heads up if you're coming so I can watch out for you. Also, if you inputs for other places let me know, and we can go check them out.

I'll obviously be wearing Buff Gear. :thumbsup:

I recall that Buff Club chapter doing watch parties at 3rd Base (West Sixth Street) during the 2008 season. Don't know what their plan is this fall.

I recall that Buff Club chapter doing watch parties at 3rd Base (West Sixth Street) during the 2008 season. Don't know what their plan is this fall.

Trying to find a different place this year. Third Base made it abundantly clear to us last year that we would be second fiddle (if not booted out) if there is any conflict with UT. They are trying to establish themselves as the UT spot on the west side of downtown. Comparing CU's and UT's schedule on the first four games - we pretty much run at the same time on all of them. And even though Third Base has a ton of TV's, they also said that if there was conflict with a UT game, all TV's would be tuned in to UT - they wouldn't even give up one TV in a corner to us.

So to that I say "EFF THEM!" As prez of the club, it's my job to ensure we have a friendly environment (to a point) to watch the games.

Trying to find a different place this year. Third Base made it abundantly clear to us last year that we would be second fiddle (if not booted out) if there is any conflict with UT. They are trying to establish themselves as the UT spot on the west side of downtown. Comparing CU's and UT's schedule on the first four games - we pretty much run at the same time on all of them. And even though Third Base has a ton of TV's, they also said that if there was conflict with a UT game, all TV's would be tuned in to UT - they wouldn't even give up one TV in a corner to us.

So to that I say "EFF THEM!" As prez of the club, it's my job to ensure we have a friendly environment (to a point) to watch the games.

Wow. To hell with them, Mr. President!

Quick bump...headed out to Gibson's now if any Austin Buffs interested - will probably get there around 5 (driving in from Cedar Park)

Didn't see this until just now or I would have stopped by after work. Burnet & 183 is great for me (selfishly because I live north central in the Domain area).

Didn't see this until just now or I would have stopped by after work. Burnet & 183 is great for me (selfishly because I live north central in the Domain area).

Same here with me being in Cedar Park. On the upside, Gibson is a brandy-new place and the owner's sister is my neighbor. They're trying to establish a foothold and the place has great ambiance.
Also, a good portion of the alums here are young and pretty much live in the downtown area so it's usually best to go where the population concentration is! If we're any good this year, it'll be fun to hit 6th Street after a win or two! :thumbsup:

Same here with me being in Cedar Park. On the upside, Gibson is a brandy-new place and the owner's sister is my neighbor. They're trying to establish a foothold and the place has great ambiance.
Also, a good portion of the alums here are young and pretty much live in the downtown area so it's usually best to go where the population concentration is! If we're any good this year, it'll be fun to hit 6th Street after a win or two! :thumbsup:

I may see if I can get you to pick me up on the way downtown for one of the games, I tend to throw back about 15 while the buffs are playing...

15 Celebratory beers of course!

Hell, I throw back 15 no matter what they're doing. When I'm 'gating at Folsom - it gets brutal. Probably a good thing for me they stopped serving beer in the stadium the year after I graduated!

Hell, I throw back 15 no matter what they're doing. When I'm 'gating at Folsom - it gets brutal. Probably a good thing for me they stopped serving beer in the stadium the year after I graduated!

I was never there for the brews in folsom (I did catch the tail end of the marshmello's at least). I always liked the basketball games at Coors... one of our frat brothers worked a beer stand, so it was free beer all around (that was in the early 2000's when we were good too!)

I was never there for the brews in folsom (I did catch the tail end of the marshmello's at least). I always liked the basketball games at Coors... one of our frat brothers worked a beer stand, so it was free beer all around (that was in the early 2000's when we were good too!)

That was good stuff at the CEC. I drove up from Springs when we beat KU - what an awesome experience. Woulda been good to kick back a couple brewskis that night but 1) I had to drive back to Springs and 2) I was on the on the midwatch in the Mountain that night.

Oh, and Gibson is a cool place. Even if we don't go there - highly recommend checking it out sometime. In talking with the manager/owner, they're still trying to figure out what their plan is for the football season i.e. what college package to buy. Sounds like they're going to w/Direct TV (which will be good since it has the Mtn. for the first game) but the other issue they have to overcome is getting the TV's hooked up to different receivers. Right now changing the channel changes all three TV's. And they are also adding more TV's...

Game Watch HQ search continues!

BUMP!
Hey Austin AllBuffers - I'm headed out on the Great Game Watch HQ search of 2010 again.

Going to Aussie's Grill and Beach Bar on Thursday the 5th at 5pm to check the place out. Been there before for a Happy Hour and it's a good one.

Come by if you can, love to get a chance to meet y'all in person!

Hey Navy - any decision on the watch party location in Austin? someone on the rivals board posted a request for the location, and I sure they are getting all kinds of bad info...

If you're not a member of the rivals board, I'd be happy to post over there on your behalf.

Beltway-
back at you...I haven't talked to the manager yet, but I'm leaning towards Aussie's. They have DirectTV which is the only provider here in TX that brings that douchenozzle network the mtn.

Back