What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

hey B30...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
if you are still on this board...

your comments on nb scare the **** outta me. it is like cronkhite saying the viet nam war was lost.

i'd comment over there but all the arseholes get on my nerves.

i hope we aren't as screwed as you think. i respect your opinion and share your belief in the need to have an effective running game. i am not a big fan of our scheme. but, i am not sure i agree that helfrich is the reason for all the disaster... i still think the ol is the root cause. but, you make a compelling case.

sorry again for commenting here rather than there, but i tire of the nasty trolls.

GO BUFFS!

I've not read his comments, so I don't know entirely what was said. Yes, the OL is a big weakness, but I simply am not seeing this staff making the adjustments necessary to allow a very young & inexperienced line to succeed. Our primary offensive weapons are in our backfield and, as such, should be giving them the ball 30-40 times per game. Speedy has shown that he doesn't need much of a hole to make things happen and Scott -- well, in the 10 times we've seen him carry the ball this year -- looks to be a punishing runner. This offense, with this QB and with this patchwork line, should be emphasizing the run. Why we're trying to run something the personnel cannot do is very puzzling to me.

I'm not B30 but I've read his comments, and he's spot on. Whatever Helfrich is doing, it ain't working. Unfortunately I don't think he knows what to do.

I mean, how could he. He doesn't have the experience nor the background to develop a top notch running game, which is what we need to take the pressure of the O-Line and Cody. Most of the new kids know how to run block out of HS, it's developing the pass protection skills that take time. So knowing we've got to start a bunch of newbies on the line, what does he do? Promotes a shotgun pass oriented offense.

You can't tell me this is the best we can do on offense. For whatever reason, the players aren't getting his message nor responding to it (read see Charlie Weis and why he removed himself from calling the offense). Lack of execution, sloppy play, missed assignments are all on the coaches. And his play calling in certain situations is abysmal.

I assume this is the post you are talking about.

hat doesn't surprise me at all. It says it all when a few games ago
the young guys on offense tell the sports reporters they like running
the ball out of the I-formation and you continue to see an absolute
random offense that continues to blow up.

Look at the quarterback coach's bio. According to the media guide he
has been the offensive coordinator at CU since 2006(sarcasm intended).
He is 34 years old and is presently the YOUNGEST offensive
coordinator at a BCS school. He was quarterback coach at Boise State
in 1998-2000. He was quarterback coach at Arizona State in 2001-
2005. He has NEVER been an offensive coordinator until coming to CU
in 2006. He has no clue regarding what a running game is all about.
It is no surprise that players are wondering what has been going on.
They already questioned the offensive running game several games ago.

In my opinion, he designed the shotgun offense around what one
quarterback can and can't do. He has shown no interest in, or
attempt at, developing a true running game. Why should he? He is a
quarterback coach. He sees the offense as having one quarterback
pull rabbits out of his hat on every play to win games. In my stark
opinion, the quarterback coach has attempted to ingratiate himself
with the head coach through one quarterback. Some of you won't like
what I have said here. It doesn't bother me. I think I speak the
unspeakable truth. Some of you will cling to the offensive line
problems. Yes, the line has problems, but the ROOT of the offensive
problems go back to 2006 and the quarterback coach; and the spring of
2008 and what the quarterback coach has done with the offense.

Buff30 and I have always seen eye-to-eye on the offensive gameplan. What is more concerning to me are the posts by Broomfield Buff which describe turmoil in the lockerroom, defensive players pointing fingers at the offense, and offensive players losing faith in their coaches.

Back