What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hey Bitches. Need your help.

Idot Buff

I missed the game and the ensuing banter. In twenty words or less (sorry Mtn), let me know what the **** happened.

I missed the game and the ensuing banter. In twenty words or less (sorry Mtn), let me know what the **** happened.

Liufau to Spruce TD. Woot!
CSU stuffs CU at goal line. Momentum gone.
CSU RBs up the gut at will.

DE-RS. Freshman
DT-JR
DT-SR
DE-Sophomore

2DE-FR
3DE-RS. Freshman

2DT-JR
3DT-Sophomore

Freshman and RS Freshman have no business playing D-Line. Period.

I'll say it again, the DLine is not that young especially inside where we got gashed.

Youth and talent are both glaring problems on the ends, but they ran right up our gut and through the center of our line...with our Sr and Jr tackles. Youth wasn't the problem.

Youth was a problem for CU's DL, but not a problem for CSU's OL? Do I have that right?

Youth and talent are both glaring problems on the ends, but they ran right up our gut and through the center of our line...with our Sr and Jr tackles. Youth wasn't the problem.

Just because they were running at the upperclassmen doesn't mean the underclassmen weren't the problem. If the DT's can't crash the A gap because the DE's can't hold their own on the B or C then not only are they likely overtop of the OG's instead of in the gap but they are also going to be double teamed by the Guard and center on what ever side the run is going.

Youth was a problem for CU's DL, but not a problem for CSU's OL? Do I have that right?

They were able to scheme better against us because of where our youth was. We should have ended in a draw on the trench because of the experience on both sides, but their scheme was better.

:lol: and here I was thinking the entire DLine looked like s**t, turns out it was just the ends. I owe Parker and Tupou an apology, good game boys.

Our offense had > 150 yards in the 1st Q. We had 1st and G from the 3 and settled for 3, then later missed a very make-able FG. So instead of being up 17-0 (and taking them out of their run game, which we couldn't stop), we were only up 10-0 and they grabbed momentum going into the half, helped by two penalties on Crawley. In the end, CSU wanted it more and we froze and got out-physical-ed when things got tight.

Just because they were running at the upperclassmen doesn't mean the underclassmen weren't the problem. If the DT's can't crash the A gap because the DE's can't hold their own on the B or C then not only are they likely overtop of the OG's instead of in the gap but they are also going to be double teamed by the Guard and center on what ever side the run is going.

Or when the DTs would stuff it only to have no LB to fill their gap. Olugbode was awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, my conclusion after reading this thread and a couple of others is we are completely ****ed for not only the year that we thought we would see significant improvement (2015), but for the next several years because we need a new coaching staff. Looks like the facility upgrades will pay huge ****ing dividends.

They were able to scheme better against us because of where our youth was. We should have ended in a draw on the trench because of the experience on both sides, but their scheme was better.

Umm... what? I honestly don't know what to say to this

:lol: and here I was thinking the entire DLine looked like s**t, turns out it was just the ends. I owe Parker and Tupou an apology, good game boys.

Sarcasm? No one on the D-line had a good game. They were pushed around all night.

So, my conclusion after reading this thread and a couple of others is we are completely ****ed for not only the year that we thought we would see significant improvement (2015), but for the next several years because we need a new coaching staff. Looks like the facility upgrades will pay huge ****ing dividends.

The window to turn things around was closing fast in 2008.

The MacIntyre hire in 2013 and facilities project was too little, too late. The hole is just too deep, and we are still closer to rock bottom than any bowl game on the edge.

chief-wiggum.png

Front seven sucked. Kickoff game still sucks. Zero coaching adjustments. Sefo may get killed by inept line. Students were indifferent.

I worked some games in Ireland and missed this one, so reading this and other threads is catching me up. Thanks for all the notes. I'm still glad we're in the easy Pac-12 - at least we're got a lot of easy wins there, especially if Southern Cal players can find more women to beat up and then flee out of windows before neighbors can help her.

Back