What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hey Mike Bohn, its time to end the CSU series

I would like to see us keep the CSU game but rotate where it is played every year. There was alot of rivalry renewed over the past 5 years or so when they played us close and beat us as well. I would also like to see us add Nebraska back onto our schedule every year. I think our 3rd game should be against a team in Texas like SMU, Houston, etc... That would give us a good schedule but also give us an opportunity for a couple OOC wins each year. I think we should keep the Texas game away from UT, A&M, Tech, and TCU for now. No need to go up there and compete yet.

We have nothing with any TX school, **** that. I can see rotating CSU, AFA and WYO on some kind of a regular basis, but Houston, SMU, Rice? Who cares?

I could see that.

I am all for 6 games at a minimum in Folsom every year and 1 at invesco giving me the chance to go to and tail gate at 7 games a year.

Yep. Right now, it actually works perfectly for us to do it that way. When we get 4 home/5 away on our Pac-12 schedule, it coincides with CU being the "home" team at Mile High. Simply move that to Folsom and we've got 5 home games with 2 more to schedule every year.

Then, we add a home cupcake to the schedule every year to get to 6.

Added to that, we do home/home series with BCS teams to finish our schedule. Some years, we would get 7 home games and other years we would get 6 home games plus one "road" game in Denver.

I would love that scheduling configuration.

We have nothing with any TX school, **** that. I can see rotating CSU, AFA and WYO on some kind of a regular basis, but Houston, SMU, Rice? Who cares?

So, CU does not want Texas football players? Houston alone is a wealth of high school talent.

So, CU does not want Texas football players? Houston alone is a wealth of high school talent.

Aren't you the same guy who was trying to tell us in the other thread that recruiting isn't something we should be talking about in our conference realignment discussions? At least be consistently stupid.

I'm pretty dissapointed in the Cal Troll so far. Cal fans good, but Cal trolls are no better than the old ones. In fact, he's been pretty bad, even below par. TuffTiger could teach him a thing or 2.

I'm pretty dissapointed in the Cal Troll so far. Cal fans good, but Cal trolls are no better than the old ones. In fact, he's been pretty bad, even below par. TuffTiger could teach him a thing or 2.

At the risk of getting myself labeled a trollbigot, I've got to say that whether in blue, red, green or any other shade I don't see a bit of difference it trollkind.

Contracts are made to be broken.

Yeah this one is easy. We guarantee CSU the equivalent of 25k in ticket sales in revenue and move it to Folsom. CSU gets way more money than they would have and still gets to play us and still gets to be on tv.

Yeah, yeah - but one game at Houston, Waco, Port Arthur or El Paso will not significantly impact recruiting. I'd rather see us play some teams we've never played - ACC, Big East, etc.

I like this idea. Beat some east coast teams and become the western media darlings of the east coast media. I think Boise or Oregon seems to have that crown right now. I can't care less about playing in Texas unless it is UT or A&M every few years. Maybe do a home and home with one of them every 4 years or so?

Too everyone who wants to kills the CSU series, I realize these games aren't great but we have to play someone. Would you really be more exicted for a game against Weber St. or Idaho? Like it or not it is a rivalry, a sucky one, but a rivalry nonetheless.

Too everyone who wants to kills the CSU series, I realize these games aren't great but we have to play someone. Would you really be more exicted for a game against Weber St. or Idaho? Like it or not it is a rivalry, a sucky one, but a rivalry nonetheless.
The majority of people are saying that it's time to kill it at Invesco, not end the series.

bring on the Wildcats and Vandals.

Jesus Tini. I don't want to play CSU, period. Lots of people think that way. I would rather play Weber state in game 1 then keep this ****ing game.

At a minimum, kill the game being held at Sports Authority and move it back to the campuses. I'd prefer that we drop the game entirely though.

Jesus Tini. I don't want to play CSU, period. Lots of people think that way. I would rather play Weber state in game 1 then keep this ****ing game.
I'm fine with playing them, just not at that ****** stadium although I'd rather do a rotating schedule of CSU, AF, UNC, and Wyoming instead.

I'm fine with playing them, just not at that ****** stadium although I'd rather do a rotating schedule of CSU, AF, UNC, and Wyoming instead.
Sometimes, you remind of when I talk to my dog.

Edit: that sounds pretty harsh. What I mean is, talking to you is like talking to a wall.

At a minimum, kill the game being held at Sports Authority and move it back to the campuses. I'd prefer that we drop the game entirely though.

Really? You actually call it by the corporate name? Are they paying you to refer to Mile High as a store?

You guys calling for the end of the series just seemed scared of a CSU loss, IMO. In the last five years I've had non-CU fans travel from Tucson, Phoenix and Las Vegas for the game. Because, regardless of what you say, it has some national reputation. Granted, that rep has fallen off a cliff recently. That is because of CU's ****tastic Hawk era.

End the series. Rotate series with Wyoming, Air Force and CSU. All on respective campuses.

You guys calling for the end of the series just seemed scared of a CSU loss, IMO. In the last five years I've had non-CU fans travel from Tucson, Phoenix and Las Vegas for the game. Because, regardless of what you say, it has some national reputation. Granted, that rep has fallen off a cliff recently. That is because of CU's ****tastic Hawk era.
This game does nothing for us. All it can do is hurt us. That is why I don't like it.

Back