What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hirschman to miss spring practices per DP

I have commented on this at length. bigbang(2) has some sort of relationship with Hirschman.

Does Connor bang your sister? What's your problem with him? People are hyping him because of the level of recruit he is. You seem to want to bash him at every opportunity.
Or, 1) BB2 is Hirsch's momma 2) BB2 is Hirsch's girlfriend 3) BB2 is the strange quiet kid who met Hirsch at church camp and still sleeps with his picture under his pillow.

I DO NOT want Hirsch to transfer, and I don't think anyone on this board has suggested that they do. I also choose to believe that Wood is probably the best QB we've had in close to a decade.

I DO NOT want Hirsch to transfer, and I don't think anyone on this board has suggested that they do. I also choose to believe that Wood is probably the best QB we've had in close to a decade.

Yep i have a relationship with Hirschman. You guys have already decided that Connor Wood should be the starter. The guy still hasn't played one College game, hasn't practiced with the first team, and you say i have a relationship with Hirschman.

Oh please.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

DUDE, you are _ _ _ _.
1. Connor Wood is, by far, the most highly rated QB to step foot on campus in over a decade.
2. No one has given him the job, least of all the coach (although I am pretty sure one of your depth charts named him the starter).
3. No one has called for Hirsch to transfer, or "asked' in your terminology. The possibility of someone transferring and possible candidates for who that may be have been discussed, which is eminently reasonable.
4. It was a two candidate race. One of the candidates can't compete. There is a pretty damn good chance the lone remaining candidate is going to win the job. Perhaps your absolute statement isn't all that smart a prediction?

One thing i hate the most is hype, untill he proves it in September, this is all hype. Highly rated coming out of HS, means nothing to me.

One thing i hate the most is hype, untill he proves it in September, this is all hype. Highly rated coming out of HS, means nothing to me.

Since we have basically no quarterback with experience, then we are going to have ****** quarterback play regardless of who plays.

Yep i have a relationship with Hirschman. You guys have already decided that Connor Wood should be the starter. The guy still hasn't played one College game, hasn't practiced with the first team, and you say i have a relationship with Hirschman.

Oh please.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dude, if I cared enough I would look up the posts from last season when I called you Hirschman's girlfriend. That probably crossed the line. You've been on this streak for a long time, but never cite any support for your love for the Hirsch. AND, guess what, Hirschman hasn't played a college game either.

Dude, if I cared enough I would look up the posts from last season when I called you Hirschman's girlfriend. That probably crossed the line. You've been on this streak for a long time, but never cite any support for your love for the Hirsch. AND, guess what, Hirschman hasn't played a college game either.

Hey he's played like half a quarter :lol:

We have 3 QBs on the roster that will be competing in the spring, none of which have played a single snap at the college level.

1 was a blue chip prospect that had multiple BCS offers out of HS, chose to transfer to CU over an offer from LSU, and was identified by the head coach as being part of a two-man race heading into the spring.

1 was the 70th rated QB out of HS and according to his HS coach had other D1 offers that were not reported

1 is a walkon that no one had heard of before last spring and was 3rd on the depth chart less than a week ago

Who do you think most fans would expect to be the front runner at this point?

Certainly the best QB recruit/transfer, but we have no idea if he is the best QB. I, for one, chose to believe Wood will be one of the better QBs we've had in a while, but I'd like to see him take the field a few times first.

Certainly the best QB recruit/transfer, but we have no idea if he is the best QB. I, for one, chose to believe Wood will be one of the better QBs we've had in a while, but I'd like to see him take the field a few times first.

When it is all said an done Wood will have been the best QB we've had since Kordell. This hesitation with players kills me. Look at the strides Hansen made under Rip, Wood has a much better skill set and it will show immediately.

Always a fair assessment with QBs. Some guys can look all-world in practice and fold under the pressure.

I think Wood is going to be a good one though.

When it is all said an done Wood will have been the best QB we've had since Kordell. This hesitation with players kills me. Look at the strides Hansen made under Rip, Wood has a much better skill set and it will show immediately.

I hope and choose to believe exactly what you wrote here. But I'm not putting those kind of lofty expectations on Wood, considering we haven't even seem him take a snap. Furthermore he does not have the same caliber offensive line Kordell and Koy had.

I hope and choose to believe exactly what you wrote here. But I'm not putting those kind of lofty expectations on Wood, considering we haven't even seem him take a snap. Furthermore he does not have the same caliber offensive line Kordell and Koy had.

No but by all reports he is a very dedicated worker with a good grasp of the offense and a smart player.

[video=youtube;ADrSmO4t2vA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrSmO4t2vA&feature=related[/video]

No but by all reports he is a very dedicated worker with a good grasp of the offense and a smart player.

Those traits are nice, but you just described Cody Hawkins.

Wood's tangible traits (size, athleticism, arm strength) will go a long way in determining his success at CU.

The psyche around QBs in college is always really funny. The guy who has never seen the field is always the savior... right up until he sees the field. Then the fans start talking about the guy who is sitting on the bench or the practice squad or the next one coming out of high school. I am not trying to knock Woods or Hirschman or anybody else, I just find it amusing that you see this often.

As far as the situation for the Buffs goes. I hope Hirschman heals well and I hope that whoever ends up being the starter gets there because he's clearly the person who deserves to lead the Buffs. I'd like to end the days where we're hoping somebody steps up or it feels like we're settling for the best that we've got.

Wood's tangible traits (size, athleticism, arm strength) will go a long way in determining his success at CU.

Until you look at his tangibles which I think are very good compared to what we've seen, which I guess could be setting the bar low.

I love Wood's ability. To me, what we need to find out is if he has "it". Reports indicate that he does, but we just won't know until the bullets are flying. For the first time in a long time, at least the tangibles are there.

Back