What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Holy ****, Ringo wrote an article I agree with

BETTER SCHEDULE?

• Option A - CSU @ Invesco

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Option B - Front Range Rotation

Votes: 72 87.8%
  • Option C - **** this ****

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters
Haha.

What do you guys want to see for a CU schedule?

We've already got 9 BCS opponents. Any more than 10 and we're over-scheduling compared to other programs.

Is it better to you guys if we had North Texas or LA-Monroe come to Boulder?

I'm OK with the front range rotation as long as season ticket holders are not continually held hostage each year to purchase the season ticket packages the way the cs uwe game is structured. I'm with Dio on this as we need a good long break from cs uwe and playing at Mile High. IMO you would put more fans in the seats by scheduling a home & home with AF in the opener than CS Uwe.

UNM does not belong on the schedule ever.

Is it a recruiting hotbed? Is it a nice city to visit?

If they want to come to Folsome, then okay, but to force CU to have to stay in ABQ is a punishment to the fans.

Directional schools in the East, Texas or California. Go where the kids we want in Black and Gold live. I loved Holland and am pleasantly surprised by McCulloch, but two kids in 30 years, and good chili, don't make it the place to go.

Haha.

We've already got 9 BCS opponents. Any more than 10 and we're over-scheduling compared to other programs.

Playing any of the I-25 corridor schools has zero benefits to CU. If we have to play dog**** boring teams, then at least play ones where we recruit.

Playing any of the I-25 corridor schools has zero benefits to CU. If we have to play dog**** boring teams, then at least play ones where we recruit.

I don't agree with "zero benefit". Regional games garner more local media coverage and also get more of our fans traveling to an away game.

Is it a recruiting hotbed? Is it a nice city to visit?

If they want to come to Folsome, then okay, but to force CU to have to stay in ABQ is a punishment to the fans.

Directional schools in the East, Texas or California. Go where the kids we want in Black and Gold live. I loved Holland and am pleasantly surprised by McCulloch, but two kids in 30 years, and good chili, don't make it the place to go.

The chili in Mesilla is worth a game at NMSU, in my opinion.

Damn. 45-0 votes. Someone needs to screen shot this and send it over to Plati or save it for Rick George after he settles in. Knew the vote would be on campus, but 45-0 leaves no doubt. Game at Invesco in person sucks and on TV its embarrassing.

Haha.

A schedule without CSU on it.

Obviously anything but Sports Authority CSU, but frankly I'd rather be playing mid majors from recruiting hotbeds than rotating Front Range teams. Give me TX mid-majors with the occasional game against east coast mid-majors to give our alums out there a chance to see the Buffs.

Of course, myself, HotRack, OU and others sure wouldn't complain about a 2 for 1 against Old Dominion :thumbsup:(Like UMass, ODU needs some games as they transition to FBS C-USA and sits on top of a goldmine of talent, unlike UMass). Of the current Rivals 100 this year, #1, 4, 7, 34, 48, 67 and 100 are all from VA. Lot of these kids are close-knit, but a sizable amount are also willing to go far from home as Stanford's recent success in VA shows.

Personally I'll take a 2-for-1 with Charlotte now that they're moving up to C-USA in 2015. :smile2:

Or how about a home-and-home with one of the 8 ACC teams in the Carolinas, VA, or Georgia?

I'm really surprised by all the hate for the front range schools. it is one game a year, conjures up some local and regional pride and fun, is a great short road trip for casual fans to take and give CU some good representation. Nothing bad at all for this. I really don't think playing Sam Houston or Southern Arkansas or any of those "who gives a ****" schools in ****** areas has any real recruiting benefit. At least there is something relevant when playing a front range school.

Being able to promise a recruit a game in his home area is a pretty big deal. A few years back, Oregon St promised a game in Texas to land those twins who's names escapes me at the moment.

Being able to promise a recruit a game in his home area is a pretty big deal. A few years back, Oregon St promised a game in Texas to land those twins who's names escapes me at the moment.
Jacquizz and James Rodgers?

In the near future we should (I hate to say it) follow the Nubs formula. Bring directional schools in one-offs to Boulder until such time as our financial and on-field performance ships are righted.

I don't get the recruiting argument. If CU were to schedule North Texas or UT San Antonio in an OOC, are we talking about home and home? One and done? Two for One?

I can't imagine CU playing well (or fans travelling well) in the sweltering summer heat during the September OOC schedule.

I can't imagine there would be any recruiting benefit when a mid major Texas school plays in Boulder.

I don't get the recruiting argument. If CU were to schedule North Texas or UT San Antonio in an OOC, are we talking about home and home? One and done? Two for One?

I can't imagine CU playing well (or fans travelling well) in the sweltering summer heat during the September OOC schedule.

I can't imagine there would be any recruiting benefit when a mid major Texas school plays in Boulder.

I'm guilty of blowing the shutout against the Sports Authority game, cause the front range rotation idea is ridiculous to me. I don't want to play UNM in anything other than hoops, and I've pushed playing them on the BB board. As far as Wyoming, why go there? They've done one-offs with us twice in the past (probably because its an easy trip for them) but still. Can anybody tell me the last time (if ever) we played up there? CSU should be forced to play at Folsom----they need us a lot more than we need them. End of story. No trips to their joke of a home stadium. Why do you guys think they added two Alabama roadies for 13th games the first two trips to Hawaii they make? Simple. They can make more money losing 100-0 to Alabama than they can playing an FCS school at home. Air Force does make some sense, but they have yearly commitments to Army and Navy, and they also play Notre Dame fairly regularly. I'd do 2 in Boulder for 2 in Colorado Springs with them, though. My ideal solution to a yearly game would be rotating Nebraska and K-State. It was fun to hate the Huskers, and its fun to hate Grandpa Snyder....but more importantly, we play the Mountain West too much as a league----SC does it twice (and I wouldn't be shocked if Utah State beat them.....that's a team with a bunch of their talent coming back), we do it twice (and will probably lose to Fresno---top 25 caliber). They're lose-lose games for us. Feast on the MAC and Sun Belt (buy a bunch of games with Idaho and NMSU at home) while we're building, and then once we become relevant again, start playing the Virginias, Northwesterns, Missouris, etc of the world. If you want a yearly game, bring back some combo of Nebraska and KSU.

I would be perfectly happy if we never play Nebraska again. Ever. Here. There. On the moon. Anywhere except maybe the Rose Bowl. Even then, I'd be pissed we got stuck with those knob jobs.

I would be perfectly happy if we never play Nebraska again. Ever. Here. There. On the moon. Anywhere except maybe the Rose Bowl. Even then, I'd be pissed we got stuck with those knob jobs.

Well we play then 4 times in the next decade (@2019,2020, 2023, @2024)

Don't like either vote option. How about none of the above. CSU every three or 4 years in Boulder and nothing in Ft. Fun and if they don't like it screw them. Playing Wyoming of New Mexico does nothing for me and I would rather watch CU play CSU over those teams. If all we care about is a W schedule whatever directional school for a game in Boulder.

I personally miss the days where we would play Miami, FSU, Georgia, UCLA (before PAC12) and other good teams in non-conference but I understand the 9 game conference schedule makes it difficult to schedule top tier teams. If we have to schedule a home/away I would rather play someone in the Big12 anyone but the whorns.

Personally I'll take a 2-for-1 with Charlotte now that they're moving up to C-USA in 2015. :smile2:

Or how about a home-and-home with one of the 8 ACC teams in the Carolinas, VA, or Georgia?

2 for 1 with Old Dominion/ Charlotte types is exactly the type of game I want in the immediate future. I'm completely content with taking the Bill Snyder, Frank Beamer (pre-2004) route of padding the record, especially with 9 conference games. I just want to get back to winning records and bowl games. Give me cupcakes in September that lead to bowl games instead of "sexy" opponents where we lose and then finish the season 4-8. Our appealing OOC match up can come in the bowl game.

Sure, once we're back (assuming that day comes) I'm all for upping the OOC schedule caliber. And I think ACC match ups would be fantastic because the Pac and ACC are the most similar conferences. You're already seeing it taking place -- UVA is playing Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and just had a series with USC. BC is playing USC. Notre Dame of course plays their share with USC and Stanford. Duke just had a series with Stanford.

I went with the rotation but I would also be onboard with just giving up on playing CSU at all unless they give us the 2 for 1. We could do much better each year given the flexibility of anohter week to play with in the OOC schedule.

One thing I wouldn't want lost sight of is that the poll wasn't designed to give people a dream scenario for Option B. It was designed as a scenario that accomplished the same alleged positives of the CSU Invesco game in a different way.

My suspicion is that the poll results would have been about the same if Option B had been:

- play the CSU series on campus, or
- end this series, but mix in a front range game on campus every now and then

If anyone from the AD sees this thread, the main takeaway should be that CU FANS ABSOLUTELY HATE PLAYING AN ANNUAL CSU GAME AT INVESCO.

Playing New Mexico or Wyoming does nothing for me. You want to move the games to the campus sites I don't care. 2 for 1, 1 for 1, 6 for 4, I don't give a ****. Regardless of the attendance the past few years at INvesco the game does bring some publicity to both programs. After that game I don't think anyone paid much attention to either program outside of the diehards.

I'm not scared to play CSU. I can't wait till we beat them 10, 15, 20 times in a row. Make them beg out of the series. Then you go play New Mexico and Wyoming.

Ringo is still a ****ing douche

If anyone from the AD sees this thread, the main takeaway should be that CU FANS ABSOLUTELY HATE PLAYING AN ANNUAL CSU GAME AT INVESCO.

agree. my ticket group, all grad students at CU who sat in 117 for the barney years, stopped buying tickets to the CSU Invesco game back then. we spend the money on a bbq, bourbon, and local beer....watch in the backyard.

i have been for a long time in favor of dropping CSU but since we suck and they suck and beat us....it seems like sour grapes a bit.

the way the AD took notice of basketball scheduling re: the rpi and OOC games....i think ab's fan voice is real. we have a new AD. time for fans to have a voice.

Love the idea of playing the Front Range schools on a rotating basis but it will be like a Super Bowl for them especially Wyoming and AFA since they recruit quite a few CO kids to play football.

I think we should drop "Front Range" but how about I-25 since that would include NMSU and UTEP?

Rotating the front range explicitly implies to every recruit and community from Wyoming to New Mexico that CU is the top dog in football around here. Right now that attitude is tarnished. The game may not do anything for you if you are from California or Texas or anywhere else, but would have an huge effect of the local community in making college football more fun and relevant. We need that more than ever these days, and not just between CU and CSU alumni.

Casual fans don't give a **** about Central Arkansas or Fresno State, but they will pay attention to the local showdown

Rotating the front range explicitly implies to every recruit and community from Wyoming to New Mexico that CU is the top dog in football around here. Right now that attitude is tarnished. The game may not do anything for you if you are from California or Texas or anywhere else, but would have an huge effect of the local community in making college football more fun and relevant. We need that more than ever these days, and not just between CU and CSU alumni.

Casual fans don't give a **** about Central Arkansas or Fresno State, but they will pay attention to the local showdown
Bull****. CU football will be more relevant on the front range when CU starts winning on a consistent basis. We have no responsibility to increase the relevance of the other front range schools. The vast majority of CU fans I talk with on the front range are in favor of option "C".

Back