What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honest Opinion from Those who Tolerated the Whole Game-Webb, Wood, Hirsh?

They did not recruit Webb. I'm really sick of this ****. He is better than Hirschman and Woods. Or, I should say, he sucks less than them. Give it a rest.

I don't know how you could possibly say this with a straight face. Webb is absolutely terrible. I am pretty sure he would not start for any BCS teams based on his performance at KU and CU now.

How many plays has Wood been given to show his capabilities? Webb is going to have the worst starting record in the history of Division 1 (I believe). Wood might not be better but how does anyone really know since he hasn't been given meaningful snaps in his career?

They did not recruit Webb. I'm really sick of this ****. He is better than Hirschman and Woods. Or, I should say, he sucks less than them. Give it a rest.
Who is Woods? I believe we have a quarterback who has good arm strength by the name of Connor Wood. By the way, Embree did not recruit him or Hirschman so your statement confuses me.

I could give a **** about what Embo has to say at this point, it is painfully obvious he hasn't a clue. It was garbage time but Wood actually looks like a D1 QB, neither Webb nor Hirsch do. Hirsch has a nice arm but moves like my grandfather and is timid like my grandmother. Wood has accuracy problems, but clearly he has the best tools. Play him and see what happens.

Agree with that Wood is the only one that passes the eye test, fo shizzle.

Wood's "head case" reputation comes from high school and a, uh, prior commitment stint where he displayed some abilities to throw sequences of INT-filled series.

Think "Kevin Costner trying to sink that putt in TIN CUP" is the cautionary tale.

But - so what? Having receivers slow down, sit and wait for hot-air balloon passes to finally arrive gets them lit up like...
[video=youtube;F54rqDh2mWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F54rqDh2mWA[/video].

Wood's "head case" reputation comes from high school and a, uh, prior commitment stint where he displayed some abilities to throw sequences of INT-filled series.

Think "Kevin Costner trying to reach the 18th green of the US Open in 2 from 265 yards out with a 3-wood in TIN CUP" is the cautionary tale.

But - so what? Having receivers slow down, sit and wait for hot-air balloon passes to finally arrive gets them lit up like...

fify-
But in some cool news, I did reach the green on the 550 yd par-5 5th at the Kaneohe Klipper in 2 last week. 270 yd drive followed by 274 yd driver from the fairway to roll 30 ft away from the cup. Then 3 putted for par...:bang:

fify-
But in some cool news, I did reach the green on the 550 yd par-5 5th at the Kaneohe Klipper in 2 last week. 270 yd drive followed by 274 yd driver from the fairway to roll 30 ft away from the cup. Then 3 putted for par...:bang:

Hey, you're one of them hot-tube swabbies.

What the hell are you doing above water?

I know it was during garbage time but Wood tripled the passing yards of webb and hirsch in his first 3 passes. So he may not be terribly accurate but clearly he is the only option we have. Give him the reigns and at least see what we got I say.

I'd like to see Connor Wood play with our first team against AZ's first team D. They won't deliver the pressure of the last few D's but enough to see how he handles it. I thought the kid rolled really well out of the pocket, I thought he kept his eyes downfield really well, kept his legs under him, and has easily the strongest arm of the three.

I don't love this QB by Committee thing, but we have no choice. My vote would be to rotate Wood and Webb when the score is still close. If Wood implodes for a series or two, sit him down and coach him. Then get him back in there later, after Webb has put the game safely out of reach.

Give Wood the starter snaps this week. Webb isn't the answer and Hirsch looks like a 12 year old girl without panties, whatever that means.

fify-
I have done that exact same thing. Then there was the round where I shot 39 on the front 9 and did not break 100 for the round with another 3 putt on 18....

I think everyone saw the same thing I did on Saturday. Wood needs to start. Easily the most raw talent out of the three. It is very raw though. He needs to get the starter reps this week and start against AZ. Give him a full game, they don't matter anymore anyway, and see what he can do. If he improves with same real game experience then maybe we have something. If not I say we go straight to Shrock and try the same thing against UDub. We need to find some "veteran" on this team at QB that can give the new guys some contest this spring. Looks like it is going to be down to Dillon and Liufau though

If I am the opposing coach and I see Wood starting, I'm playing 2 deep and blitzing on every down. When the pressure gets there, it will be like shagging batting practice in Center Field.

Not saying Wood doesn't deserve a chance, and I definitely do not want to see Webb ever again, just saying we might not like what we see if it happens.

If I am the opposing coach and I see Wood starting, I'm playing 2 deep and blitzing on every down. When the pressure gets there, it will be like shagging batting practice in Center Field.

Not saying Wood doesn't deserve a chance, and I definitely do not want to see Webb ever again, just saying we might not like what we see if it happens.
It can't get much worse.

Your last statement is true. I can pretty much guarantee we will not like much of anything we see these last three weeks. Tends to happen when you are an awful football team.

It can't get much worse.

Your last statement is true. I can pretty much guarantee we will not like much of anything we see these last three weeks. Tends to happen when you are an awful football team.

I agree with you guys. I just hope no one has an illusion that Wood starts and we are suddenly playing fundementally sound winning football. It may be equally frustrating but in a different way - some great plays and some amazing "Oops" plays, too, versus just completely horrible all the way around.

I agree with you guys. I just hope no one has an illusion that Wood starts and we are suddenly playing fundementally sound winning football. It may be equally frustrating but in a different way - some great plays and some amazing "Oops" plays, too, versus just completely horrible all the way around.
I would be all for some variety in the quality of plays versus the constant **** plays we are getting from the QB position.

Back