What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honest Opinion from Those who Tolerated the Whole Game-Webb, Wood, Hirsh?

Wood should start, get him snaps and see what he can do. It probably won't look good but I don't see what we have to lose.

Barnett said this a few months ago: “They don’t know how to practice at this level yet." here

Looking back...I wonder if we was just talking about the players.

I don't know how you could possibly say this with a straight face. Webb is absolutely terrible. I am pretty sure he would not start for any BCS teams based on his performance at KU and CU now.

?

Maryland might give him a shot.

I agree with you guys. I just hope no one has an illusion that Wood starts and we are suddenly playing fundementally sound winning football. It may be equally frustrating but in a different way - some great plays and some amazing "Oops" plays, too, versus just completely horrible all the way around.

You actually worried about anybody expressing hope of winning after switching to Wood? :LOL:

I'm pretty sure most hope was abandoned during the first half of Fresno state. Anything left over was removed during conference play.

Last edited by a moderator:
You actually worried about anybody expressing hope of winning after switching to Wood? :LOL:

I'm pretty sure most hope was abandoned during the first half of Fresno state. Anything left over was removed during conference play.

:thumbsup:

I guess I should have known that most know better. I will put the over/under on interceptions if Wood starts and plays the whole game at 3 - and I'm taking the over.

idk, every so often you'll see people saying they think we're going to win __________ game. People thought we'd beat/compete with Stanford. There's still a few out there that it hasn't hit yet.

Actually, I think there was a sliver of momentary hope after the WSU game.

idk, every so often you'll see people saying they think we're going to win __________ game. People thought we'd beat/compete with Stanford. There's still a few out there that it hasn't hit yet.

Oh yeah. We are totally going to rally and beat Utah. We got 'em last year!:thumbup:

Barnett said this a few months ago: “They don’t know how to practice at this level yet." here

Looking back...I wonder if we was just talking about the players.

I remember reading that and being mildly worried. I thought it was odd since Embree's staff kept saying how this year was "night and day" compared to last year and that practices had dramatically improved. Among many other things, perhaps the most upsetting thing about this year is that the coaches said the team was ready to compete in the Pac-12 and win at least three or four conference games. Turns out we're far from competitive. Not sure if the coaches were trying to build confidence in the players or genuinely believed we'd be competitive.

He's right about the night and day talk. They went from looking like things were going well to announcing a starting QB within 3 weeks of him showing to campus and closed all the practices.

Back