What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Honest thoughts on CSU and where CU needs to look for rivalry

I am afraid you are correct.

It is a good enough article, but I think he misses badly on the prediction, probably to cater towards his crowd.

I also think calling Bobo a difference maker this early (based on the Spring game only, I'd assume) is a little presumptuous. He will have to prove himself over the first have of the season. I hope DD has a solid year. I can't help but root for that guy.

It's hard not to feel good about this game going into it, but the rivalry factor has caused us fits in the past, even when we are clearly the better team on paper.

To pick nits, the author claimed that last year was our second in the P12, but it was our third. It's clearly slanted towards CSU, which is fine. If we lose to CSU, we've got problems. That's a game we should win by 20+ points. We *should* be better in all three phases of the game, and add in the fourth phase of coaching and preparation. MM's teams don't beat themselves. That's one thing I noticed last year.

One thing about this CSU series that we should keep in mind:

We win 70+% of the time and get a sold out house for it. That's not a bad thing at all in and of itself. But it absolutely needs to be played on campus and probably shouldn't be played every single year.

One thing about this CSU series that we should keep in mind:

We win 70+% of the time and get a sold out house for it. That's not a bad thing at all in and of itself. But it absolutely needs to be played on campus and probably shouldn't be played every single year.

The 2004 and 2005 CSU games are still the two largest crowds ever at Folsom. Pretty amazing when you look at some of the other teams on that list: http://www.cubuffs.com/pdf1/47603.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600

I think CU would have showed up better against the canes. Likely not have won, but I think they would have embraced the heavy underdog role really well given the Barnett mentality.

Only real problem was that Vince Okruch was still the DC. He could have starred on Water Bottle's staff as worst of the worst! I still remember that Bowl loss to UWisc where his D gave up two fourth and forevers allowing the Badgers a huge comeback win.

Back