What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hope this "family" experiment works.

drmike

I will be the first to admit that I am way to ignorant to know who to hire, but anyone in business will tell you that loading up with family members can be a recipe for disaster. If we load up with a staff of "family" hires and **** goes south, it is going to be difficult to start canning staff even if it is deserved.

Everyone loves EB and more people want him at HC rather than OC. But what if he doesn't pan out and he is one of the first to go even though everyone loves him to death and wanted him at HC in the first place. All I am saying is that it was easy for fans to kick Hawk to the curb, but this whole deal could get real ****ty for everyone and leave a lot of hurt feelings and tarnish the reputation of our legends.

I know, I know how could it get any worse right? Just sayin.

It's something new to try. We tried the young up and coming coordinator and that didn't work, then we tried the former assistant coach here, and we tried a home run big name hire that didn't work.

Lets try someone that truly bleeds for the school.

It's something new to try. We tried the young up and coming coordinator and that didn't work, then we tried the former assistant coach here, and we tried a home run big name hire that didn't work.

Lets try someone that truly bleeds for the school.
CU got it right with GB. Those circumstances with him leaving were strange, to say the least. Expectations for CU to put up 10-win seasons every single year with the current financial support is crazy. GB did well in my book. He's the kind of guy I would leave in place for a long time. Some down years, lots of winning seasons and an occasional shot at something big.

CU got it right with GB. Those circumstances with him leaving were strange, to say the least. Expectations for CU to put up 10-win seasons every single year with the current financial support is crazy. GB did well in my book. He's the kind of guy I would leave in place for a long time. Some down years, lots of winning seasons and an occasional shot at something big.

Not really all that strange. The scandal ruined him. He would still be here, and we would have another big 12 championship, it it werent for that.

I'm opposed to the home cooking hire, but will support it 100% if true. The only successful coach at his alma mater that I'm aware of is Frank Beamer, not sure if there is another one out there. In other words, the odds are stacked against Embree, but I hope I'm wrong.

Back