What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hope you chuckleheads are happy...

I hear and understand what you are saying...problem is that because my son is not on campus his scholarship is not guaranteed. Any new coach would have to come in and approve him. He's already lost a season and he did it believing in Embree, the team they were building and the coaches. To take a chance that another coach will come in and believe in these kids is a tough ask as we are watching several other coach firings going on from other programs scroll across the screen. At the end of the day it is business, as we keep being reminded. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes that is never shared...

I genuinely understand and feel your pain, Moett, and I did not mean to come across the wrong way. I hope and pray that Jeff gets to Boulder. He is exactly the type of young man and talent that would be a wonderful asset to CU

Yeah my bad I should've dusted off the jewlers monocle and inspected it closer. You know it's sad, as a current student this was my introduction to CU Football and I thought AllBuffs would be a cool place to check out and chat with other fans. To be honest I am embarrassed that a lot of you cheer for the same team as I do.
For instance, boyd buff I am sure the recruits and their families will be happy to know that they have fan support like this. "P.S. I bet you a ton of players who are talking about transferring will reconsider. Having said that, we could use a housecleaning anyway. Furthermore, if we hire a good coach we will get good recruits. This current class under JE was headed to be the worst BY FAR in the Pac 12.

Bohn just saved us from permanent cellar position in the Pac 12 assuming he gets a good coach to come in."

Check out the Twitter feeds of all our players and best recruits including Sefo. Some already saying they will transfer and Sefo does not seem happy. You omniscient internet GMs wanted the program blown up, be careful what you wish for.

nobody is happy about this. well, at least not me. i would have loved to see JE come in here and make this program a terror to the pac 12. that didn't happen. i am not happy about any of it. so you can shuffle off now...

I am sure a lot of the current players are hurting right now. In the short term things look bad but in the long run this is the best thing that could happen for their development.

I am happy that CU is taking its football seriously now.

I am happy that Embree and other great Buffs cared enough to begin the turnaround.

I am upset that this had to happen this way.

Bittersweet night for me.

Yeah my bad I should've dusted off the jewlers monocle and inspected it closer. You know it's sad, as a current student this was my introduction to CU Football and I thought AllBuffs would be a cool place to check out and chat with other fans. To be honest I am embarrassed that a lot of you cheer for the same team as I do.
For instance, boyd buff I am sure the recruits and their families will be happy to know that they have fan support like this. "P.S. I bet you a ton of players who are talking about transferring will reconsider. Having said that, we could use a housecleaning anyway. Furthermore, if we hire a good coach we will get good recruits. This current class under JE was headed to be the worst BY FAR in the Pac 12.

Bohn just saved us from permanent cellar position in the Pac 12 assuming he gets a good coach to come in."

Perhaps you should have attended CSU.

Check out the Twitter feeds of all our players and best recruits including Sefo. Some already saying they will transfer and Sefo does not seem happy. You omniscient internet GMs wanted the program blown up, be careful what you wish for.

Good, if they want to play of a staff that is 1-11 and gets blown away every week, we don't want them anyway. Time to get back to winning!

To be honest I am embarrassed that a lot of you cheer for the same team as I do.
For instance, boyd buff I am sure the recruits and their families will be happy to know that they have fan support like this.
I think you misunderstood my quote. There are some current players on the team that appear to have quite during the season. We need a team full of kids who are committed to winning and will never give up.

As far as the recruiting class, I am not the one who has ranked our 2013 class as the worst in the Pac 12. That is the recruiting services. That does not mean that we don't have a handful of super talented recruits who have committed to CU in 2013 and I hope they remain committed.

i'm not happy that a good man lost his job. i am happy that we will seek to find a coach who can actually take the team back upward. i wish embree hadn't failed, but he did.

as for players and recruits, this just happened. there will be a cooling off period and everyone will have a chance to re-evaluate their situation. a new hc being announced soon would obviously mitigate damage. it is a hard thing, especially when it was a group of good Buffs that failed. but, we move on now.

Not uunhappy about the fact that a change was and is being made. I am disappointed that a group of former Great Buffs was put in a tough situation where they had little chance to succeed.

It is.a bittersweet night as the files to our Mac days have been totally broken. I take no joy in that but it is time to move on.

Good, if they want to play of a staff that is 1-11 and gets blown away every week, we don't want them anyway. Time to get back to winning!

AMAZING! Maybe you should think before you speak! In a world where it is hard enough to get kids to believe in ANYTHING let alone ANYONE...it says something about their heart. What I find the funniest in this situation is that while everyone is PRAISING Texas A&M and Coach Sumlin, Johnny M was SHERMAN'S recruit. Nobody seems to want to give him that praise. I wonder with the new coach, who gets to take credit for the freshman class...

AMAZING! Maybe you should think before you speak! In a world where it is hard enough to get kids to believe in ANYTHING let alone ANYONE...it says something about their heart. What I find the funniest in this situation is that while everyone is PRAISING Texas A&M and Coach Sumlin, Johnny M was SHERMAN'S recruit. Nobody seems to want to give him that praise. I wonder with the new coach, who gets to take credit for the freshman class...
I wouldn't hang too much on what anyone says. JT is a good kid and whether he ends up in Boulder or not he will be successful with whatever he does.

I hear and understand what you are saying...problem is that because my son is not on campus his scholarship is not guaranteed. Any new coach would have to come in and approve him. He's already lost a season and he did it believing in Embree, the team they were building and the coaches. To take a chance that another coach will come in and believe in these kids is a tough ask as we are watching several other coach firings going on from other programs scroll across the screen. At the end of the day it is business, as we keep being reminded. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes that is never shared...

It's extremely rare that a grayshirt would not be honored. I will support as I can with emails, but I don't think it will be necessary.

I'm guessing a few may leave, but they will wait to find out who the new coach is. Dykes, Mason, Smart, Chavis are some name that might get kids to stay. Would also depend by position. If Calhoun gets the job, I could see Sefo leaving. I hope it's not Calhoun tho.

If the AD made this decision based on people from Allbuffs then Bohn should be let go, plain and simple. Do not assign more power to angry middle-aged men than is warranted.

I am not happy that Embree didn't succeed but it was clear that it wasn't happening. Would it have worked out if he was given 4 years? 5 years? Who knows but I certainly didn't get the impression that the coaching staff had any idea of how to turn it around.

I appreciate it!

Sherman was given 5 yrs and underachieved every year there. I admit he never went 1-11 tho.

Sad old shmucks trying to relive the glory days of the program. So out of touch...

Defend keeping him?

We called a QB sneak on a first down
we sent the subs in without a play called
we finished last in virtually every NCAA statistical category
we attempted to install three different offenses over the season
we won 1 game by 1 point

And because of my son's situation we may not be able to come. I just don't have words right now..

I'm sure this is very hard on your family and especially your son. There is a lot of collateral damage in these situations and I think we sometimes lose sight of that. Thank you for taking the time to remind us.

Sherman was given 5 yrs and underachieved every year there. I admit he never went 1-11 tho.

And it seems that underachieving is becoming relative as coaches that are going 6-6 are getting fired. Happening alot at the high school level (at least in Texas it is).

And are Colorado kids flocking to CU?

Because they didn't believe does not mean that the ones that are there don't... I can give you some phone numbers if you'd like to make some calls and actually talk to them instead of aboaut them...

I'll say it again then. If they are content with 1-11 and losing by 50 most weeks, then I hope they do move along. I didn't play sports at CU but I did graduate from there with good grades since I was not content with failing my classes. What is the difference? Study, win, aim for greatness in whatever you do. 1-11 isn't it. If you can't win you get removed, if you can't get good grades they also remove you.

And it seems that underachieving is becoming relative as coaches that are going 6-6 are getting fired. Happening alot at the high school level (at least in Texas it is).

BTW, I am with Nik on this one, be totally shocked they don't honour his grey shirt. And that is not just because it is customary to do so w/ a coaching change, but we need him. He is one of the guys we are counting on for 2013 and I would be shocked that an incoming coach wouldn't feel the same way. He is a keeper and we wish he would have been playing this year.

And yet Texas kids were flocking to that program because they still believed...

JT has his God given talent that should be his anchor. There is a plan. I hope that plan still involves Boulder.

Back