What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hope you chuckleheads are happy...

Moett, I appreciate you are experiencing a wide range of emotions right now. Let's see what happens over the next week or so because we all want to see your son in Boulder.

Because they didn't believe does not mean that the ones that are there don't... I can give you some phone numbers if you'd like to make some calls and actually talk to them instead of aboaut them...

I don't know of any coach that wins without being able to convince the top recruits in his own state to come aboard. If the team was competitive in most of its games this yr Embree would be back for another. Instead we got worse.

worst decision ever. players are livid... not enough time to fix something that is so broken... give hawk 5 years and embo 2... explain that? cant believe this.... shows how stupid our admins and fans are. one thing everyone said when he was hired was PATIENCE. and no one showed any. that was all embo asked... and no one provided him with it.
trash decision... hard for me to live with

Moett whatever happens with the new coach I really hope to see JT here next year. Hopefully whomever is hired will honor the grey shirt, and JT is happy with the new coaches and wants to return to Boulder.

I hear and understand what you are saying...problem is that because my son is not on campus his scholarship is not guaranteed. Any new coach would have to come in and approve him. He's already lost a season and he did it believing in Embree, the team they were building and the coaches. To take a chance that another coach will come in and believe in these kids is a tough ask as we are watching several other coach firings going on from other programs scroll across the screen. At the end of the day it is business, as we keep being reminded. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes that is never shared...
All things work together for the good, moett88. They do. This will work out.

Moett, I appreciate you are experiencing a wide range of emotions right now. Let's see what happens over the next week or so because we all want to see your son in Boulder.
This^^ and like someone suggested keep contact with Bohn, it's his job to update the new coach on current verbals.

Moett, your inbox is full--I'm sorry this is painful for your family:

I know that Coach Embree developed a close connection with your family, and that was instrumental in your son's decision to attend CU.

We're excited to see Jeffery back in Boulder--you have no idea. I suspect he'll contribute right away.

It's still a great place to attend school, and a football team with a great tradition.

Even though it doesn't always come through in our posts, we want the best possible coaching for our young men. We didn't feel that Coach Embree's staff gave our student athletes the best opportunity for development. I hope that changes, and that Jeffery is a part of a special time at CU.

Again, I'm very sorry that as fans, we say things that can be construed as hurtful to the families.

Best wishes to you and your family with all of this.

worst decision ever. players are livid... not enough time to fix something that is so broken... give hawk 5 years and embo 2... explain that? cant believe this.... shows how stupid our admins and fans are. one thing everyone said when he was hired was PATIENCE. and no one showed any. that was all embo asked... and no one provided him with it.

:lol: Embo was already changing offenses after year 2. I guess he didn't have much "Patience" either.

Moett, JT should use this as a life lesson. What happens at the top is not a reflection of your own self worth and doesn't mean that you are no longer welcome. In the past year I have been under 5 different managers. The first was good, but my program was cancelled. The second was a former peer of mine and was absolutely terrible. She was replaced by a guy who was indifferent and left after 2 months. The 4th was a really good guy and I was starting to gel with him when the decision was made to reorg again and I ended up moving back to the manager I had 2 years ago. The moral is that sometimes things happen, sometimes good, sometimes bad. But until the new guy is put in place you just wont know.

WOW this guy is not lying.....twitter is blowing up with current and past players from last year, and they are not happy about JE being fired..... CU better knock it out of the park with the next hire....

I agree that Coach Embree wasn't given enough time to fix something so broken. He was given enough time to show that he wasn't likely the one to fix it however.

I believe that as a fan base we would have showed patience if the results showed some improvement (I'm not talking wins and losses, but rather on field performance). But the things that looked bad, looked very related to coaching.

We want the staff that gives our student athletes the best chance. I'd hope you want the same. If we disagree, fine, but your response is childish, in my opinion.

Hawkins went to a Bowl in year 2, beat #2 Oklahoma and almost beat Alabama in that bowl game. Embree got destroyed and embarrassed by Fresno State and beat at home by a bowl Sac State who finished 4-4 in their league, which by the way isn't FBS. Nuff said. Not defending Hawkins, his extra year was an awful decision too. But when you rank dead last in every category and get beat by 50 week in and week out, not win a game in the State of Colorado, Get beat at home by Sac State and make the same dumb coaching mistakes for 2 years And have the worst season for Colorado in 120 years, plain and simple you must be fired. Keep it movin. Go BUFFS!!

completely agree that the lack of progress wasnt something that bothered me. it was. But looking at what the team had to deal with... being so young. not a lot of depth, no depth at qb based on hawk, losing p rich and jt. it is a lot to overcome in your second year when things are already so broken...

Hawkins went to a Bowl in year 2, beat #2 Oklahoma and almost beat Alabama in that bowl game. Embree got destroyed and embarrassed by Fresno State and beat at home by a bowl Sac State who finished 4-4 in their league, which by the way isn't FBS. Nuff said. Not defending Hawkins, his extra year was an awful decision too. But when you rank dead last in every category and get beat by 50 week in and week out, not win a game in the State of Colorado, Get beat at home by Sac State and make the same dumb coaching mistakes for 2 years And have the worst season for Colorado in 120 years, plain and simple you must be fired. Keep it movin. Go BUFFS!!

you can take different paths as a football program to get to where you want to be. not saying the lack of immediate improvement wasnt a problem, but you have to give it time. more time than 2 years.

It was Embree himself that said he expected 6 wins and a bowl game this year. Many people looked at the schedule and saw 3-5 wins at most.

If CU and Embree would have had the team showing any signs of improvement from week 1 to the Utah game he would still be here.

Instead we spent the entire season breaking records for futility on offense and defense and finished the season as the worst team in FBS.

Yeah my bad I should've dusted off the jewlers monocle and inspected it closer. You know it's sad, as a current student this was my introduction to CU Football and I thought AllBuffs would be a cool place to check out and chat with other fans. To be honest I am embarrassed that a lot of you cheer for the same team as I do.
For instance, boyd buff I am sure the recruits and their families will be happy to know that they have fan support like this. "P.S. I bet you a ton of players who are talking about transferring will reconsider. Having said that, we could use a housecleaning anyway. Furthermore, if we hire a good coach we will get good recruits. This current class under JE was headed to be the worst BY FAR in the Pac 12.

Bohn just saved us from permanent cellar position in the Pac 12 assuming he gets a good coach to come in."
girl-crying-o.gif

Last edited:
Check out the Twitter feeds of all our players and best recruits including Sefo. Some already saying they will transfer and Sefo does not seem happy. You omniscient internet GMs wanted the program blown up, be careful what you wish for.

Hey - go **** yourself.

you can take different paths as a football program to get to where you want to be. not saying the lack of immediate improvement wasnt a problem, but you have to give it time. more time than 2 years.

I Feel that you are either a current/former player or are at least very tight with the team. If that is the case I think I can speak for most here and most fans around the program saying we are not celebrating that Embree was fired. However the current state of the program was getting worse week to week. The first season where we did not win a single game at folsom in the history of that stadium. First time getting shut out in 150+ games. Losing to a D2 opponent at home. Setting school records in loss margin and points allowed. Records set in rushing yards against. Record lows in offensive production. This team was not just not good it was historically bad. It needs a new direction. We can see the talent in the young players. I pray the new coach will be someone who can come in and earn their respect and get the most production out of that talent. I personally know Mike Bohn. I know that he would not do this lightly and he would not do this without good reason. It is a tough time in our program and I hope current players and future players believe that CU can return to its traditional place as a team to be feared and respected.

I do not like that Embree was fired because he is a good man and a great buff but I agree that it needed to be done. Its the ugly side of the multi billion dollar industry that is college athletics .

esxcept when you start setting records for the worst team ever, sorry man but I wouldnt retain an employee who set records for the worst performance ever,

I Feel that you are either a current/former player or are at least very tight with the team. If that is the case I think I can speak for most here and most fans around the program saying we are not celebrating that Embree was fired. However the current state of the program was getting worse week to week. The first season where we did not win a single game at folsom in the history of that stadium. First time getting shut out in 150+ games. Losing to a D2 opponent at home. Setting school records in loss margin and points allowed. Records set in rushing yards against. Record lows in offensive production. This team was not just not good it was historically bad. It needs a new direction. We can see the talent in the young players. I pray the new coach will be someone who can come in and earn their respect and get the most production out of that talent. I personally know Mike Bohn. I know that he would not do this lightly and he would not do this without good reason. It is a tough time in our program and I hope current players and future players believe that CU can return to its traditional place as a team to be feared and respected.

I do not like that Embree was fired because he is a good man and a great buff but I agree that it needed to be done. Its the ugly side of the multi billion dollar industry that is college athletics .

I am. Everyone has their opinion. Just don't agree with it.

easy to say sitting in the stands or on your couch. You just dont know man. you just dont.

Hey ass hat you want to bet what I've personally donated to CU outstrips your salary? If one more person who salary I pay through donations and ticket purchases gives me this line I swear I'll hit them.

I am. Everyone has their opinion. Just don't agree with it.

I can understand why you would not be happy with this. And honestly all of us wanted Embree to succeed. There is no other coach in the country, besides maybe Bienemy, that loves and cares about this university more. We wanted a buff to succeed. it just did not happen. Hawk got a lot more time then he deserved and it was mostly due to the bowl game and beating of #2 OU in his second year. Embree unfortunately had none of that going for him at the moment. It may have happened next year we may never know. But all of us here really did want Embree to do well here. IT would have been great if it happened, but sadly it did not. If you are currently on the team I hope you all keep your heads up and stay together, this program needs you. We need you to teach the new coach what it means to be a Buff because I know embree taught you that. We also need you to make sure the new coach earns your respect. Keep up the hard work. Buff nation is always behind you.

Back