What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hopefully the Gehrke Experiment is Over

Great move by the coaches starting Gehrke IMO. Had Sefo played the whole game and we lose 44-21 (giving the offense two more TDs) people would be calling for Sefo to sit. Now, all of Buff nation is solidly behind Sefo heading into the Utah game. And Gehrke can't say he didn't get a shot, he did and he air balled hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really don't think coaches think like this. Sefo was cleared but coming off a concussion. Mac said JG plays better in practice and that he didn't play well this game. I'm guessing they still like JG but Sefo is obviously the starter.

Everything I've heard about Apsay is he pretty talented and needs to add weight. I can't recall who but he said he has a very good arm. I hope he's in the mix next year, more comp the better.

I really don't think coaches think like this. Sefo was cleared but coming off a concussion. Mac said JG plays better in practice and that he didn't play well this game. I'm guessing they still like JG but Sefo is obviously the starter.

Probably more than you think they do. Coaches understand the culture around their program and make strategic decisions from time to time to capitalize. Not saying it was the primary motivating factor, just that it worked out well in the end. The concussion, unfortunately, created a unique situation to insert JG. It was a win win situation, JG comes in and plays well and people are excited to see him against Utah. JG struggles and people appreciate what Sefo brings to the table more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gehrke proved all of my doubts correct saturday. He is not a starter at this level. He is a back-up, and not a great one at that. He has some ability with his feet that I am sure has been helpful on the practice squad, but when Sefo did not get in until late in the 3rd I was livid. Gehrke was ineffective the entire day.

sorry I was thinking of Fischer-Colbrie? Wasn't he the one who was an equipment manger last season?

According to MacIntyre he has not picked a starting QB for the Utah game. Maybe he wants Utah to prepare for both QBs - doubt that bothers the defense much.

Everything I've heard about Apsay is he pretty talented and needs to add weight. I can't recall who but he said he has a very good arm. I hope he's in the mix next year, more comp the better.
That was me. Seen it first hand. Cade's got me excited. Sefo needs to play the entire Utah game. I think we know what we got with Jordan.

My favorite part of this thread is everyone already looking past Aspay to a recruit who has not signed a LOI yeft

People are not looking past Apsay but I think most fans understand the QB is critical to success in college football today. The conventional wisdom is you bring a QB every recruiting cycle.

Are you thinking of Gangi? I think he was an equipment guy before he was a walkon.
The player you are thinking of is Sessions. Sessions was the equipment manager asked to play QB for the spring because we lacked arms to throw passes.

I expect Jordan Gehrke to transfer. Same class as Sefo and he isn't going to beat him out at all. If he wants to play, a D2 school is his best option. Add to that, we have another QB in the same class as both Sefo and Jordan in Awini. Awini will be eligible in the spring and I see Gehrke being left behind.

Well WTF is the problem with our QB recruiting? This is the third coach in a row that can't seem to recruit a good G**D*** QB!?!?! So frustrated!

I still argue, at this point, that is was good to give Gehrke a chance to play. It did prove that he was not better than Sefo but it also got him some game time experience. If he is the best we have behind Sefo then he needed that experience.

These two QB's do NOT get me excited when thinking about next season. If somehow our O-line turns into something special then Sefo could get us to a bowl which is a start anyway.

Well WTF is the problem with our QB recruiting? This is the third coach in a row that can't seem to recruit a good G**D*** QB!?!?! So frustrated!

I still argue, at this point, that is was good to give Gehrke a chance to play. It did prove that he was not better than Sefo but it also got him some game time experience. If he is the best we have behind Sefo then he needed that experience.

These two QB's do NOT get me excited when thinking about next season. If somehow our O-line turns into something special then Sefo could get us to a bowl which is a start anyway.

What? How the hell have you reached that conclusion already?

You're being a bit harsh on Sefo, he can absolutely lead this team to a bowl game next year.

Last edited:
It takes a long time to piss me off I guess. I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt or I keep thinking they'll be better next year...or I'm just slow lol

It takes a long time to piss me off I guess. I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt or I keep thinking they'll be better next year...or I'm just slow lol
Still have no clue how you have already reached that conclusion. This is the same staff that recruited and developed Fales...

They haven't recruited such a QB to Boulder yet would be Duff's point I think. Bottom line though, we will have to wait and see how they develop Sefo and/or how Apsay/Montez do to really make a fair assessment.

They haven't recruited such a QB to Boulder yet would be Duff's point I think. Bottom line though, we will have to wait and see how they develop Sefo and/or how Apsay/Montez do to really make a fair assessment.
Have they really been given the time? They didn't recruit Sefo and Apsay is a true freshman. My point has been that we don't know at this point if they have recruited a good QB to Boulder.

They signed him to a LOI and has basically started every game they have coached at CU. He is "their" guy, no matter how you want to play semantics.
Well I'm talking about them identifying who they want and going through the whole recruiting process. They signed Sefo, but they didn't really recruit him since he was already firmly committed. And it was January, at that point finding a good QB is a huge task.

Still have no clue how you have already reached that conclusion. This is the same staff that recruited and developed Fales...

See, there you go trying to give me hope again.

I am in the wait and see mode. Tired of having hope and being disappointed. I want badly for Sefo or any other QB to be successful at CU but I am definitely over any and all hype about the football program until I see some proof.

Well I'm talking about them identifying who they want and going through the whole recruiting process. They signed Sefo, but they didn't really recruit him since he was already firmly committed. And it was January, at that point finding a good QB is a huge task.
Well it's basically his team through 2016 at the moment, so not sure that really helps your argument. Gehrke already looks like a whiff.

Back