What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hot Seat

CVilleBuff

http://blog.philsteele.com/2011/07/29/2011-coaches-on-the-hot-seat/

Interesting list in that he has 6 of our opponents coaches on the list, along with Pat Hill who we'll face next season.

I think he's probably jumping the gun a bit with Mike Stoops, although if UA was to start 1-5 this season (which is a very real possibility) they would have lost 10/11 going back to next season. Still, I figure Stoops is probably safe even with a losing season this year. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Tedford at Cal as well if they were to finish 5-7 this year

hard to believe Schiano has been at Rutgers for a decade, could have written his own check to all but a few schools in the nation just a few years ago...was widely rumored to be waiting for Paterno to retire....and now i guess he's getting some heat. A middling team in the Big East is what it is.....but, Rutgers should think twice about dumping the guy...not like they've got a rich, storied history beyond him to appeal to.

hard to believe Schiano has been at Rutgers for a decade, could have written his own check to all but a few schools in the nation just a few years ago...was widely rumored to be waiting for Paterno to retire....and now i guess he's getting some heat. A middling team in the Big East is what it is.....but, Rutgers should think twice about dumping the guy...not like they've got a rich, storied history beyond him to appeal to.

Believe he had an offer from Miami too, and didn't take it. Have to wonder if he hasn't missed his chance -- Al Golden, now Miami HC (played under Paterno, highly respected DC at UVA, then built Temple from the ground up and took them to a bowl) might be the choice for Penn State. Seems like Schiano has lost his momentum, but I think it would be a huge mistake for Rutgers to fire the guy. Even with all the NJ talent, there's probably a ceiling for how good Rutgers can be, and he's about reached it with 5 bowl games in the past 6 years..

The funny thing about Phil Steele is he always wants to trumpet when he is right. I get that he wants you to know that he is accurate, but it always kind of sounds like a kid jumping up ad down saying I told you so.

Surprised he didn't put Kiffen and Kelly on there while he was at it. If Kiffen has another year next year like he had last, his seat will be very hot.

Best case scenario - USC wins 7 games, doesn't go to a bowl (but would have if not for the bowl ban), but loses to UCLA, thus ensureing Neuhisel another year.

Trying to wrap my head around the idea of Tedford being on the hot seat. Cal has sucked forever. And I mean FOREVER. Then Tedford gets there and they're a solid, upper tier Pac 10 team. Why would you even think of firing a guy like that? Doesn't it occur to people that it's probably as good as it can get there?

I'm confused why o'brien didn't want russell wilson back. Seems very odd.

He's a very good baseball player, kept toying around with going to the MLB and wouldn't commit 100% to coming back for the 'Pack, as I understand it. On a side note, NCSU will be starting Mike Glennon (former VT QB Sean's younger brother) and should end up being OK at the position. They've also got about as easy a schedule as you can get as a BCS conf team

Surprised he didn't put Kiffen and Kelly on there while he was at it. If Kiffen has another year next year like he had last, his seat will be very hot.

Best case scenario - USC wins 7 games, doesn't go to a bowl (but would have if not for the bowl ban), but loses to UCLA, thus ensureing Neuhisel another year.

Trying to wrap my head around the idea of Tedford being on the hot seat. Cal has sucked forever. And I mean FOREVER. Then Tedford gets there and they're a solid, upper tier Pac 10 team. Why would you even think of firing a guy like that? Doesn't it occur to people that it's probably as good as it can get there?

I think the list has to do with on-the-field performance and not off-the-field stuff, which is why Kelly is not on it. Unless the university feels like they need to throw Kelly under the bus to save themselves, he's very safe at the moment.

He's a very good baseball player, kept toying around with going to the MLB and wouldn't commit 100% to coming back for the 'Pack, as I understand it. On a side note, NCSU will be starting Mike Glennon (former VT QB Sean's younger brother) and should end up being OK at the position. They've also got about as easy a schedule as you can get as a BCS conf team

Wow you're not kidding. That schedule would make Boise proud.

Stoops could be on the verge of a disaster. The first half of Arizona's slate is KILLER. They could be run off the field in some of those games (especially @ Okie Light). Wildcats could be in for a bad, bad season.

Back