What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hotel help for A&M game?

Oxford is another good one - Historical property and generally decent on the price front.
I love the Oxford, many years ago on the Misses and I’s first dinner date we did the Spooky Nights Denver Ghost tour and one of the stops was at the Oxford and the Cruise Room bar. Such a cool spot and great drinks; they have done an amazing job of upkeep and maintaining the early Denver ambiance.

DENVER — The Oxford Hotel in downtown Denver has never been anything else. It’s been the Oxford, in its current location, for 128 years.
We start with the story of Florence Montague – great ghost name, by the way – and an alleged murder-suicide in room 320.
To meet the Oxford’s other ghost, you just need to head downstairs for a cocktail in the Cruise Room – the hotel’s martini bar that opened the day after prohibition ended in 1933.

There, guests say they’ve met the ghost of an old-time post man who got lost on his way to deliver Christmas presents in Central City, a town in the foothills

is anyone else a little disappointed dad has to come here and ask these questions? seems like the AD should have family outreach providing this information, if not coordinating things like this.
If I read Bryan McGinnis' response to me correctly, he has the original poster now on his email distribution list. Apparently he sends one bulk email at the start of the season with hotel options for each game and then updates on event logistics when it is much closer to kickoff.

I was actually the second one to notify him. The first was another Buff dad who saw the post.

I've always found CU staffers responsive to these kinds of situations. They can't fix what they aren't aware of in the first place.
This is great, thank you very much.

Take a look at the Crawford Hotel. It's in Union Station, so train from DIA will take you right there. Lots of great dining options in that area, too.

This. Heard good things about the Crawford, and telling the friends who are debating coming up from TX for the game to stay there or anywhere near Union Station. Lots of good dining choices and an easy lightrail trip to Mile High

Back