What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How big is the Utah game?

The outcome of this game is HUGE only to those with an ax to grind one way or the other.

The last part of your quote is absurd...rather the game is big or not is an opinion and just because someones opinion differs with yours does not mean they have some ulterior motive.

Every game is important to win because that is what your are out there to do but in order for a game to be elevated to a higher status there has to be a tangible benefit in the outcome. Becoming bowl eligible, be in the running for a better bowl, winning the division, etc.

The last part of your quote is absurd...rather the game is big or not is an opinion and just because someones opinion differs with yours does not mean they have some ulterior motive.

Every game is important to win because that is what your are out there to do but in order for a game to be elevated to a higher status there has to be a tangible benefit in the outcome. Becoming bowl eligible, be in the running for a better bowl, winning the division, etc.

That's just it, this game isn't going to make us bowl eligible or get us the 4 & 5 star recruits. A win in this game is no more, or less, than a conference win. The outcome of this game is not huge, critical, or any other over inflated evaluation.

A loss is expected - no difference

A win gives us both a conference win and a win over a team going bowling. I do think that matters in multiple ways - both recruiting and team morale going in to off season conditioning.

That's just it, this game isn't going to make us bowl eligible or get us the 4 & 5 star recruits. A win in this game is no more, or less, than a conference win. The outcome of this game is not huge, critical, or any other over inflated evaluation.

Sorry:

I mis read your original post.

The outcome of this game is HUGE only to those with an ax to grind one way or the other.

I can't really speak for the mood of the team but I think a win would be big for the fans. The good feelings from the OT games and fourth quarter rallies has faded over the last three games. I understand that there really isn't a difference between 2-10 and 3-9 but ending on a win would be nice.

I can't really speak for the mood of the team but I think a win would be big for the fans. The good feelings from the OT games and fourth quarter rallies has faded over the last three games. I understand that there really isn't a difference between 2-10 and 3-9 but ending on a win would be nice.

Exactly

We now have the longest losing conference, we need to beat Utah. Need the momentum. Need victory.

Must end the streak otherwise ever article, commentary ...ect starts with some mention of this streak. Hate the negativity it would bring going into recruiting and off season.

I hope to see these kids leave it all on the field. Play their hearts out for the last chance at a win. A win would certainly make the off season more bearable for everyone.

Win or lose against Utah, we're going into the 2015 season undefeated!

It's big because this team has had three conference games (and some would argue as many as six) that they could have won had a couple things gone right for them. They need to know what it takes to win those games.

I'm sure Mac thinks it's a big game, he knows what happened to the last coach that went 2-10 here.

Not big. We've already proven what we needed to prove this season, that we can play with almost anyone in this league. So we didn't beat any of our conference foes, but with two exceptions no one just walked all over us. Everyone we played had to earn their W from the buffs. We belong in the P12, just need a little more time before the W's come.

A win would be great for the players because it would be a reward for all their hard effort for this season and it would serve as a nice jumping off point for next year, but a win is not critical. We are going to be much better next year regardless of Saturday's outcome.

I want a ****ing win. We gave away a couple earlier this year and I didn't say ****. Way I see it, they owe it to us and they owe it to themselves. Every team has faced adversity this year. Every team has had injuries. Every team has had bad PI calls. Every team has had position controversy. Every team has had the ball bounce the wrong way. Every team has had turnovers. I don't care if it takes frogs falling from the sky and lightning coming up from the ground. Find a way. This is the last time home jerseys will be laid out. The is the last time you'll hear cleats in the tunnel. The last time men in masks will come out of the smoke. The last time Ralphie will rattle the cage and storm the field. Is it important to win? Hell yes it is.

I want a ****ing win. We gave away a couple earlier this year and I didn't say ****. Way I see it, they owe it to us and they owe it to themselves. Every team has faced adversity this year. Every team has had injuries. Every team has had bad PI calls. Every team has had position controversy. Every team has had the ball bounce the wrong way. Every team has had turnovers. I don't care if it takes frogs falling from the sky and lightning coming up from the ground. Find a way. This is the last time home jerseys will be laid out. The is the last time you'll hear cleats in the tunnel. The last time men in masks will come out of the smoke. The last time Ralphie will rattle the cage and storm the field. Is it important to win? Hell yes it is.
****in A right!

It's big because this team has had three conference games (and some would argue as many as six) that they could have won had a couple things gone right for them. They need to know what it takes to win those games.

100% this. It's huge!

MacIntyre is 6-17 at CU. I'm guessing they all look like big games to him at this point.

Back