What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

how can goodman miss again?

After the game, I talked with someone who would know, and the kickers who did not see the field this year have been told that it will be an open competition next year for all kicking and punting duties and they will get playing time, or at least compete for it. The coaches are still looking to bring in another kicker or combo guy this class.

Yes, it was junior walk-on Ryan Aweida who nearly got to take an XP kick today in the last second of the game. Even if it wouldn't have mattered by that point, that says a lot right there that he was on the field, although it's interesting it took them an entire season and a "10 FG for 18 attempts" statistic to even consider a change.

I'm not sure they were going to kick the XP. Cody was out there to hold instead of Scotty. Makes me think Hawk was going to do a d-bag move and fake it to go for two with no time left on the clock.

Alfred Im sure you are a good guy but wtf did that kick matter? There was 00 on the clock. I heard the same **** about giving DScott carries, yeah ok lol.:rolleyes:

a dbag move, lol, very funny. sorry if im laughing so much tonight, but thats what it has come to with me.

Alfred Im sure you are a good guy but wtf did that kick matter? There was 00 on the clock. I heard the same **** about giving DScott carries, yeah ok lol.:rolleyes:

Two things:

1. It's "Alferd" like the cannibal.

2. Where "Alferd" is concerned kicking always matters. The offenses, defenses and coaches are simply supporting cast members designed to set up situations where a kicker might attempt a field goal, kick off, or better yet, a fourth and long ushers a punter. I'm not kidding about this. Alferd (and you're right, I'm pretty sure he's a good guy) loves him some kicking.

The kick didn't matter at all.
This is the point: if after two years of one kicker getting all the chances (excusing the brief interlude of Jameson Davis trying a couple in '08) ... the coaching staff finally sends another kicker on the field,

they were making a point. Not an extra point, a philosophical one.

Change is possible.

That is all.

I was wondering that myself. What made this game the breaking point for Goodman? Two misses (including one long one) is suddenly enough to force change. Kinda similar to last year's handling of Suazo/DiLallo. It took the coaches 9-10 games before they did anything about the punting situation. Just plain weird.

I would suspect this issue was likely addressed in the DeStephano/Bohn/whoever last-chance conversation.

Again, I suspect, not know. But you cannot argue with the statistics racked up in 2008 and 2009. I would bet someone said "you are going to have to make some hard decisions this time around and quit playing kids for their self-esteem instead of their ability to contribute."

The kick didn't matter at all.
This is the point: if after two years of one kicker getting all the chances (excusing the brief interlude of Jameson Davis trying a couple in '08) ... the coaching staff finally sends another kicker on the field,

they were making a point. Not an extra point, a philosophical one.

Change is possible.

That is all.
I get what ur saying and sorry for butchering your name. My only problem is this, why did it take so long? There is backing a guy and then there is watching him do the same **** for 2 years. Philosophical or not, that should grab your attention.

I get what ur saying and sorry for butchering your name. My only problem is this, why did it take so long? There is backing a guy and then there is watching him do the same **** for 2 years. Philosophical or not, that should grab your attention.

No worries.

It's not my real name. :smile2:

As far as backing a guy and watching him do the same **** for years ... this is not the only position we've observed where a player gets repeated chances to screw up, that makes no sense to the average fan.
But I'm not a coach, so what the **** do I know?

What drives me crazy is he misses them during warmup's as well. He will practice about a dozen kicks, miss about half of them including the last one.
Never leave on a negative. I don't care if you have to kick the last one like it's an extra point, leave on a positive. Again wouldn't the coach notice little things like this?

Maybe he needs to practice in Folsom instead of down on the practice field.

No worries.

It's not my real name. :smile2:

As far as backing a guy and watching him do the same **** for years ... this is not the only position we've observed where a player gets repeated chances to screw up, that makes no sense to the average fan.
But I'm not a coach, so what the **** do I know?
My brother coaches and my dad coached. You stick with potential until its time to cut it loose. Goodman has had his chances and I trully believe its a mental thing with him. He has a canon leg, that isnt the problem. Just because you are not a coach doesnt mean u dont know anything. What have you seen the last two years specifically? Pretty redundant huh?

What have you seen the last two years specifically? Pretty redundant huh?

I've seen an incredible commitment to a player who is supposed to be a good practice kicker, but has weak game stats.

Momentum Killer stats, IMO.

I try hard not to attack the player, but I will say it is a coaching decision that barely makes any sense.

2009 10 field goals made for 18 attempts
2008 5 for 14 field goals
Total 08-09 combined (through NU game) = 15 fgs for 32 attempts

They thought he was getting better in 2009 and gave him another chance, but there has to be some objective point at which you say: ENOUGH ALREADY.

On the bright side, kickoffs looked good for the first half of the game. :thumbsup:

I don't know what Goodman's issue is, for me it seems like he has serious accuracy issues. He has a cannon, but he can't seem to get it down the middle very much. He's damn close, but that doesn't cut it. I hope there's open competition this spring and fall for the kicking position.

Back