What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How desperate are things getting at Michigan?

77buff

They are changing coaches at a rate like ND. Every 3 or 4 years, it's a new guy. Mississippi State absolutey crushed them. Now, it's the same old rumors with Les Miles again.

they have fallen just about as hard as Colorado. Lets review the checklist:

1 - hire a hot-named coach who runs a crazy offensive system and is labeled and offensive genius. check
2 - new coach tries to come in and install system but doesn't have the personnel for it. check
3 - lose at home to a Division I FCS Team. check
4 - suffer through several losing season in a row. check

anyone check to see if Dan and Rich are related?

they have fallen just about as hard as Colorado. Lets review the checklist:

1 - hire a hot-named coach who runs a crazy offensive system and is labeled and offensive genius. check
2 - new coach tries to come in and install system but doesn't have the personnel for it. check
3 - lose at home to a Division I FCS Team. check
4 - suffer through several losing season in a row. check

anyone check to see if Dan and Rich are related?

Lets not go overboard. Hawkins did not have a system.

RR just was not a fit at Michigan. He has proven at other stops that he is a good coach but he totally misread the Michigan situation. You cannot come into a place like that and try to immediately put your stamp on the program...there is too much tradition and culture built in for someone to do it successfully.

Changing coaches every 3-4 years? RichRod was the first guy hired after Carr retired and Carr had been there for quite some time. Michigan doesn't want to end up like ND, so they ****-canned the guy who clearly wasn't going the right direction. Good for them.

Changing coaches every 3-4 years? RichRod was the first guy hired after Carr retired and Carr had been there for quite some time. Michigan doesn't want to end up like ND, so they ****-canned the guy who clearly wasn't going the right direction. Good for them.

pretty much this. also, the most concerning thing if you are a michigan fan is that they have been unable to land the guy they wanted these last two times for their coach. Didn't they want Les Miles last time? And failing him, that Rutgers coach?

And now, it seems Jim Harbaugh is saying no as well. must be a real punch to the gut for all these entitled michigan fans used to big ten championships and rose bowl wins...

i don't know, ND ****canned a few guys. Davie, Ty, Charlie....and Kelly was in the poo for much of the season with my ND buddies. Keck, you could through in O'Leary too if you were just looking to pad the numbers.

Brady HOke will do well there if Les doesn't go to Michigan.

I don't think that Hoke is a big enough name for the UM faithful. They want Harbaugh. They expect to get him. If they can't, they want Miles. They'll settle for Saban or Bob Stoops if it comes down to it, though.

I don't think that Hoke is a big enough name for the UM faithful. They want Harbaugh. They expect to get him. If they can't, they want Miles. They'll settle for Saban or Bob Stoops if it comes down to it, though.
:lol:

lol nice

i don't know, ND ****canned a few guys. Davie, Ty, Charlie....and Kelly was in the poo for much of the season with my ND buddies. Keck, you could through in O'Leary too if you were just looking to pad the numbers.

Well, you know, sometimes you have to date a few chicks, get to know them and such, before you ask them to marry you. Now don't you?

The really sad thing is no one wants the Michigan job. The pressure to win in 3 years with an olio of athletes right now and no system in place. Who in their right mind would take that job? Miles and Harbaugh aren't even sniffing it. Hoke would choke under the pressure. Mike Leach would be a great fit! Sad story.

RR just was not a fit at Michigan. He has proven at other stops that he is a good coach but he totally misread the Michigan situation. You cannot come into a place like that and try to immediately put your stamp on the program...there is too much tradition and culture built in for someone to do it successfully.

check

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Dan did not seem to have anything organized enough to seriously be called an offense. It was more just a bunch of guys running around and it didn't fool anyone on the opposite sideline. Try not to give him too much credit. :rofl:

They will probably fork over the money to get one of those guys as well.

Hoke. Michigan hired a HC who has a losing record. He better negotiate a minimum 4 year turnaround clause in his contract.

The really sad thing is no one wants the Michigan job. The pressure to win in 3 years with an olio of athletes right now and no system in place. Who in their right mind would take that job? Miles and Harbaugh aren't even sniffing it. Hoke would choke under the pressure. Mike Leach would be a great fit! Sad story.

That is a laughable post. Michigan is a plum job. Always has been, always will be.

I don't understand why everyone assumes that just because a person is talked to that an offer was actually tendered. That is akin to saying that a business that posted a job opening was turned down by 100 applicants before they got someone to fill it.

Many of the meetings are just to gauge interest. Miles still has $18 mil on his contract. 'Spose anyone wants that buyout?

Hoke has coached there. He knows the deal. Harbaugh ragged on them about their academics a few years back and had eyes for the Pros.

I'm not sure the pressure to win big is there(anymore). RR was just failing so badly in other areas that a change had to be made.

That is a laughable post. Michigan is a plum job. Always has been, always will be.

I don't understand why everyone assumes that just because a person is talked to that an offer was actually tendered. That is akin to saying that a business that posted a job opening was turned down by 100 applicants before they got someone to fill it.

Many of the meetings are just to gauge interest. Miles still has $18 mil on his contract. 'Spose anyone wants that buyout?

Hoke has coached there. He knows the deal. Harbaugh ragged on them about their academics a few years back and had eyes for the Pros.

I'm not sure the pressure to win big is there(anymore). RR was just failing so badly in other areas that a change had to be made.

Those are sad, sad times when a husker needs to encourage us to be reasonable. Sad times indeed. What's up, Beak?

IMHO "not offering" is just mincing words. If either Harbaugh or Miles had been interested and doable, they'd have been offered.

I'm still kind of surprised that there hasn't been a mass revolt over hiring Hoke. What, they couldn't stand the idea of Bob Stoops turning them down, too?

Back