What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How do we get rid of this administration?

I don't know that it is the administration as much as it is these "academic affairs" buffoons who, more than likely, hate football and football players.

It takes two to tango so what happened to the other party involved? What, just because he is stupid enough to fight a pretty large individual and then can't fight as good he gets off with no repercussions at all? And he doesn't even have to pay for medical expenses?

Football player or not, I call bull****. Outside of pain, what lesson did this other kid learn - that he can rely upon the system to bail him out of bad decisions he makes through life? :huh:

If he is not a football player, does he get the same punishment? I highly doubt it.

It takes two to tango so what happened to the other party involved? What, just because he is stupid enough to fight a pretty large individual and then can't fight as good he gets off with no repercussions at all? And he doesn't even have to pay for medical expenses?

Football player or not, I call bull****. Outside of pain, what lesson did this other kid learn - that he can rely upon the system to bail him out of bad decisions he makes through life? :huh:

If he is not a football player, does he get the same punishment? I highly doubt it.

So did the other guy who actually started the brawl get the same suspension?

I would bet he got his lesson

So it's okay to start a fight as long as you don't win?

What I learned growing up was the guy who threw the first punch was twice as guilty as the guy who threw the second. By all accounts Sipili didn't start the fight but was coming to the aid of a friend who was engaged in a fight started by someone else. Chances are if the ass who threw the first punch hadn't, Sipili wouldn't be suspended, some jerk wouldn't have needed facial reconstruction surgery and we wouldn't be talking about this. Where/who is the jerk who started it and where is his expulsion from CU?!!!:pissed::pissed3::censored:

All i have to say about sipili is he is a smart kid. He should've known this was going to happen. I can't say i feel sorry for him. or the other asshole who got his ass handed to him.

I didn't even know about this until I went on the BDC website.. I figured he played today.. I don't have a problem with CU suspending him for the semester but it sure seemed like their should have been more communication between the athletic dept and the academic affairs dept.. You would think they would be some sort of hint that this could happen.. I didn't hear or read anything like this would happen to Sipili..

it was pretty poor form by cu. if they were going to suspend him for the semester/year/forever do it a month ago when the judicial process played out. hawkins and crew appeared to be blindsided by this, and i no doubt they were. this is no way to deal with any student, athlete or not. this has ron stump written all over it.

it was pretty poor form by cu. if they were going to suspend him for the semester/year/forever do it a month ago when the judicial process played out. hawkins and crew appeared to be blindsided by this, and i no doubt they were. this is no way to deal with any student, athlete or not. this has ron stump written all over it.

I just looked it up and actually in the RMN today, they say Hawk and Bohn knew they were going to review the case and possibly make a decision..

hawkins seems to be a pretty fair guy from what all people say and i read. i seriously doubt that hawkins would keep this kid on the team and practicing if he thought he was going to be suspended for the year. agreed??

hawkins seems to be a pretty fair guy from what all people say and i read. i seriously doubt that hawkins would keep this kid on the team and practicing if he thought he was going to be suspended for the year. agreed??

I'm assuming Hawk was hoping they would rule in his favor and not do anything..

I'm not going to get upset about it because it was dip**** thing to do what Sipili did and when you are beating up a CU student and pleading guility of it I think you're lucky to even have the chance to go back to CU regardless of the circumstances or who hit who first, etc, etc..

It is what it is, and we'll see if Sipili comes back next semester..

Sip was in triple jeopardy: 1) Boulder Police, 2) CU athletic suspension. 3) CU judicial affairs.

The fight was on the Hill, not on campus. I don't understand the grounds for the suspension. Did Sip get singled out because he pleaded guilty, because of the bodily harm he caused? Out of all the parties involvwd, it's odd how Sip was singled out.

this is all about judicial affairs, i don't think he was singled out. it doesn't matter where it happened, it could have happened anywhere in boulder. the boulder police and cu judicial affairs dept are in bed together. with this whole 3 strikes thing now anything can happen.
I am telling you, Ron Stump's name is all over this. Absinthe, any thoughts on Stump?

http://dirwww.colorado.edu/whitepages/ldapdrill.xml?cnfull=100041480

He was only kicked out for the semester. He is also eligable to use this year to redshirt. He made a big mistake and now he will face the consequences. I hope he comes back a better ballplayer and person. This isn't the end of his career unless mike wants to make it that way.

Back