What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How do we improve in 2014 (Offense)

With short WRs and no TE our red zone efficiency is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I think the DL will be improved, but we still have glaring holes at safety and LB. The OL can't get any worse, can it?

Where's the glaring holes at LB? Safety play should be much improved with Bell in year 2 and getting Moten back, maybe Thompson is ready to start next year.

Without Richardson, we don't and the offense is even worse. With P-Rich, good chance this team would have have beaten the FCS foe, CSU and one PAC 12 team in 2012, exact same as this year.
That's something that I've been mulling over. How much better are they as 11 guys and how much is due to PRich? On offense, I don't know that there were great strides made this year. I think the D is better, but I'm not sure about the O without PRich.

Last edited:
By actually playing to Sefo's strength. No zone read and less out routes from the opposite hash mark.

TE scares me next year as Safety scared me for the 2013 season. Doesn't look like the staff is after any JUCO's that we know of. Either that means they think Keeney will come in and start from day one, or they have someone we don't know of.

Where's the glaring holes at LB? Safety play should be much improved with Bell in year 2 and getting Moten back, maybe Thompson is ready to start next year.

We have a lot of unproven talent still at LB. Greer has been making strides and Gillam is solid. Rippy should be good, but is unknown. Behind them we are young. When I look at teams with good Ds in the PAC I see Stanford with their LB corp and Utah with their DL. Seems like a solid LB corp is essential to stopping the zone read. We haven't stopped a team with a running QB in years.

As far as safety we need more than just experience. Size and speed are important. CB and DT are the only positions I'm not worried about.

We have a lot of unproven talent still at LB. Greer has been making strides and Gillam is solid. Rippy should be good, but is unknown. Behind them we are young. When I look at teams with good Ds in the PAC I see Stanford with their LB corp and Utah with their DL. Seems like a solid LB corp is essential to stopping the zone read. We haven't stopped a team with a running QB in years.

As far as safety we need more than just experience. Size and speed are important. CB and DT are the only positions I'm not worried about.

Are you saying Bell is slow and small? Bell needs to gain a little weight, but he is not slow. Moten isn't slow either and not all that small at 6'0" 200ish pounds. Tedric Thompson also has prototypical size for a PAC 12 safety at 6'0" 205. Bell, Moten, and Thompson will also put on weight between now and next fall so I'm not too concerned.

So one unproven starter means theirs glaring holes? Rippy's athleticism alone will upgrade the OLB position and KT has improved a lot with his weight gain as Nik said. You also have Reed back there who has gained a lot of weight since arriving on campus and is very athletic and lanky. Not having athletic enough OLB's killed us against mobile QBs as we had to either try to contain the RB or the QB but not both. With the increased athleticism that won't be nearly as big of an issue. So we'll be young in our 2nd string next year, that doesn't mean there are glaring holes.

Are you saying Bell is slow and small? Bell needs to gain a little weight, but he is not slow not fast compared to pac 12 counterparts Moten isn't slow either and not all that small at 6'0" 200ish pounds average at best. Tedric Thompson also has prototypical size for a PAC 12 safety at 6'0" 205 unproven and beaten soundly whenever in game. Bell, Moten, and Thompson will also put on weight between now and next fall so I'm not too concerned. so will most all other p12 players.

So one unproven starter means theirs glaring holes? Rippy's athleticism alone will upgrade the OLB position pure speculation. Maybe he's another webb that's fast with no sense of the gameand KT has improved a lot with his weight gain still small slow and weak compared to average p12 OLB as Nik said nik's a blatant homer, doesn't help you to cite him here. You also have Reed back there who has gained a lot of weight since arriving on campus and is very athletic and lanky totally unproven. lanky= not filled out and not ready until otherwise shown. At absolute best he wears down throughout the year (see: gillam) . Not having athletic enough OLB's killed us against mobile QBs as we had to either try to contain the RB or the QB but not both. With the increased athleticism that won't be nearly as big of an issue. not seeing a big increase in athleticism you assume as a given So we'll be young in our 2nd string next year, that doesn't mean there are glaring holes huge holes compared to most if not all pac12 teams

Tl:DR - stop assuming everything will come up awesome for us. We have tons of questions. Some will be answered well, some won't.

Oh lawd, a homer on their teams site! Oh god almighty have mercy on their soul!

I'm not saying that everything will come up awesome for us, but I am saying that we will see improved LB play from upgrading the LB athleticism (Greer and Rippy>Daigh and Webb at OLB) and by being in year 2 of the system. Lanky was intended to mean that he's got long limbs, not that he's skinny. He's 6'5" and around 235....by next fall he could be up to 250, probably more around 240-245 though. He'd be reasonably filled out. Our LB play has killed us the past few years, I don't see them being a big liability next year like they were this year.

Also, it looks like you don't know what TL;DR means because your response makes it pretty clear that you did read it.

It is going to be incredibly hard to improve this offense next year minus PRich unless Jeff Thomas or some other kid comes up stars. The only realistic option for improvement is through the O-Line. It seems to me the staff should be able to make a pitch to several four star or high three star receivers and tight ends offering immediate playing time. Maybe they have.

Oh lawd, a homer on their teams site! Oh god almighty have mercy on their soul!

I'm not saying that everything will come up awesome for us, but I am saying that we will see improved LB play from upgrading the LB athleticism (Greer and Rippy>Daigh and Webb at OLB) and by being in year 2 of the system. Lanky was intended to mean that he's got long limbs, not that he's skinny. He's 6'5" and around 235....by next fall he could be up to 250, probably more around 240-245 though. He'd be reasonably filled out. Our LB play has killed us the past few years, I don't see them being a big liability next year like they were this year.

Also, it looks like you don't know what TL;DR means because your response makes it pretty clear that you did read it.
:lol: apparently you don't actually know how to use TL;DR. Do you even reddit bro?

No I don't reddit. If someone uses TL;DR then I assume they actually didn't read the post because it was too long. It's what I do for about 95% of Mtn's posts.

No I don't reddit. If someone uses TL;DR then I assume they actually didn't read the post because it was too long. It's what I do for about 95% of Mtn's posts.
TL;DR tini doesn't know TL;DR can be used prior to summarizing a post.

When you are talking about unproven at numerous positions that glaring to me. Some will pan out, some won't. Some may become all conference players, some will get medically retired. Some may be 4 year starters. Some may get passed up by an incoming recruit (although not with MMs recruiting). Unproven talent is unproven.

And even when you return a lot of players doesn't mean you are going to be good.

Reed is a DE

Once he gains enough weight sure but he's been practicing as a OLB and that's where I expect to see him next year.

Is my post optimistic? Yup, but when aren't they? I have a lot of faith in MM and his staff's ability to develop players. Shoot me for being optimistic and pray that god has mercy on my soul for I have sinned.

I suspect we'll be pleasantly surprised by soem of the redshirt talent, but not enough to have a big impact on the field. I hope the oline works their asses off throughout the spring. Nembot needs to go camp or practice with some pros and see how they do it. He is so slow...I haven't given up because I like him so much, but I'm close...Sometimes I feel like the Oline can only get better, but it is hard to identify how...

TL;DR tini doesn't know TL;DR can be used prior to summarizing a post.

I've only seen someone use TL;DR to summarize a post a couple times, usually it's cliffs or something like that. Now why did I interpret your post like that? Idk, that's my fault

I've only seen someone use TL;DR to summarize a post a couple times, usually it's cliffs or something like that. Now why did I interpret your post like that? Idk, that's my fault
it's because you have difficulty in the rare situations you find where you can't easily apply micro-economics.

it's because you have difficulty in the rare situations you find where you can't easily apply micro-economics.

Right ok Mr. Lawyer. You're always right, everyone else is always wrong. Mistake on my part, get over it and yourself

I think something to be addressed is incorporating the RBs into the passing game a lot more. We seem to be too predictable with RB rotations right now.

Guess I was too mean.

No it's more of the fact that you just can't accept anyone else's view, especially if they happen to be positive. Your **** gets old. Who cares if I'm a homer? It's a Buff board. Doesn't it ever get old complaining all the time? Where's the fun in being a pissy negative person all the damn time?

If you had to gamble on this scenario here and which one would be the better unit...

1. A LB crew composed of Webb, Gillam, Greer/Daigh
2. A LB crew composed of Rippy, Gillam, Greer

Which would you take? #2 would be the smart bet to me

Back