What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How excited would you be if Dave Logan is our next coach

how excited would you be if Dave Logan is our next coach

• Beyond excited. This guy is a great broadcaster and great high school coach

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • LOL, uh no way

Votes: 147 99.3%

• Total voters
No, not Logan. Stupid, silly idea. I went to the same high school, actually worshiped him as a kid watching WRHS football/basketball compete for state titles (baseball, not so much, though I did see him smack a grand slam and throw a no-hitter in the same afternoon). But if he was ever going to be more than a high school coach that time has come and gone.

haha, even huskers and rams are probably voting no.. :lol:

dat's cuz dey are askerd of his POWER, jimbo.

once you've unleashed The Logan on the college football world, there will no turning back.

Never seen a shut out in one of these ab polls. damn

Voted no, by the way, and yes Sacky, I remember the Faust-contra-notredumb-affair. What a joke that was.

I have a lot of respect for Dave for giving of his time to coach high school football. But the track record of HS coaches going to D1 programs isn't good. And Dave beats up on Colorado HS teams, which is not a very good barometer.

My vote makes it 94-0.

Depending on who the new coach is, they could certainly talk to Logan about a spot on the staff, I don't doubt his football x's & o's. But coaching a D1 team (any D1 team) is so much more than x's & o's.

I assume you are talking about Mines' academic reputation. As far as high schools though, isn't Mullen one of the best academic high schools in the state? I know it different, but just saying.

If he could win at Mines, I'd be impressed. That's not an easy place to win at. It's much easier to win at Mullen, where you don't have to play by the same rules as everybody else does, than at Mines, where you're at an automatic disadvantage against schools like Ft. Lewis.

I guess I don't really understand this? The hottest OC in the country was coaching high school 5 years ago and stepped right into an SEC job. I don't really see why people think Logan couldn't step into a similar role at Colorado given his success as a college player, NFL player, and now multiple State Championship High School Coach. As far as not being a strong enough recruiter who knows. The guy played in the NFL and still maintains a number of relationships with the Broncos organization, neither of which will hurt when sitting in some kid's living room explaining how Colorado can help him make it to the next level.

Sometimes the blind Logan hate is just as bad as the blind Logan Worship.

I guess I don't really understand this? The hottest OC in the country was coaching high school 5 years ago and stepped right into an SEC job. I don't really see why people think Logan couldn't step into a similar role at Colorado given his success as a college player, NFL player, and now multiple State Championship High School Coach. As far as not being a strong enough recruiter who knows. The guy played in the NFL and still maintains a number of relationships with the Broncos organization, neither of which will hurt when sitting in some kid's living room explaining how Colorado can help him make it to the next level.

Sometimes the blind Logan hate is just as bad as the blind Logan Worship.

uh oh, here comes the Logan bandwagon.

welcome to the boards though..

Gus worked his way as an assistant.. Wasn't given the head coaching job right out of high school.

uh oh, here comes the Logan bandwagon.

welcome to the boards though..

Gus worked his way as an assistant.. Wasn't given the head coaching job right out of high school.

Thanks, been lurking for awhile now.

I'm hardly driving the bandwagon for Logan but I do think there can be a spot for him on this coaching staff.

When people start telling me about how great Logan would be, I tell them "Two words: Gerry Faust".

If they know who Gerry Faust was, they immediately shut up. If they have no idea who he was, then they clearly are too ignorant to know better.

I did just that and was told, "that's apples and oranges, you don't know what went down at ND." :wow:

BORED...not excited at all
images

Gerry Faust was awesome at cincy Moeller, our school massillon played them twice and they recruited from 5 states.

He was awful at notre dame.

Hiring Logan would be a disaster.

Gerry Faust was awesome at cincy Moeller, our school massillon played them twice and they recruited from 5 states.

He was awful at notre dame.

Hiring Logan would be a disaster.

And thats the problem. A private school like Mullan has so much better talent than the public schools. Also, do not believe Dave didn't recruit a few guys to AWest and Chatfield, i.e. Will Rogers, LenDale White.

I did just that and was told, "that's apples and oranges, you don't know what went down at ND." :wow:

In reality, it's about as close a comparison as can be made. Both were (are) coaches at the premier high school program in the state. Neither had to play by the same rules as all the other high school coaches they were (are) competing against. Each had (has) inflated W/L records as the result. Where there is a difference is that Faust was actually a full time head football coach at the high school level. Logan isn't. The guy has 15 assistants who do all the actual coaching for him. Logan would be a certified disaster as HC for CU. You think Hawk was in over his head?

This is a tired conversation. If Logan wants to get into coaching big boy football, he needs to take a position coach job and work his way up. If he's not willing to do that, then he'll need to be satisfied with doing what he's doing.

Even if the Faust example isn't floating someone's boat, how about Todd Dodge? It's not like North Texas is overly difficult to win at and he came from the best Texas program in the state, epic failure there too. The only decent comparison I can see is Art Briles, who put in time as a position coach at major college programs for a few years before he got his shot.

Even if the Faust example isn't floating someone's boat, how about Todd Dodge? It's not like North Texas is overly difficult to win at and he came from the best Texas program in the state, epic failure there too. The only decent comparison I can see is Art Briles, who put in time as a position coach at major college programs for a few years before he got his shot.

Gus Malzahn was a HS coach in Arky before getting an assistant job at Arkansas. He's now considered one of the top candidates for a HC job. Hell, even Mac was a high school coach in Ohio before taking a defensive assistant job at Michigan. If anything, these are great arguments against giving Logan the HC job, but offering him an assistant job.

Yep, there's just no logical reason to hand over the keys to Logan as the head coach of a major college football team.

This gets stupid poll of the year...Thanks Jimmy your the best

Hey I think it should be moved to the classics forum. anytime we hear the fans want Dave Logan on the radio or from the Woody Paiges of the world, all we have to do is go to the Classic thread and pull this thread out.

Allbuffs never agrees on anything. I am shocked. This is awesome

Why doesn't Logan take an asst. job somewhere? If he wants to be a college coach he has to know that you have to start out as a position coach or coordinator of some type.

Part me thinks that he isn't really interested in being a head coach... If he were, he would have pursued it long ago instead of worked the radio on Sundays.

**** this. It will be the end of my donations to the progam as they will have given up. ****ing dumb, just ****ing dumb

Back