What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How hurt is Michael Adkins?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
He's definitely not healthy. Speed, explosion and confidence just aren't there.

Adkins only has 30 carries on the season.

16 were in the CSU opener (4.3 avg yards).

In the 4 games since, he has a combined 14 carries with his 1 carry for 2 yards against Hawaii being his best ypc game in that stretch.

His long for the season is 7 yards.

He's a much better player than this. In fact, this is a shell of what he is capable of when he's right.

Adkins getting things rolling is, I believe, the key to flip these games from almosts into wins.

That ankle sprain has ruined him. Wish the coaches had just let him heal

He's still very young, and his issues look more mental to me. We will look back and wish that he had redshirted this season, because I don't think Adkins contributes any more this season than what he is doing now. ToJo is actually balling.

That ankle sprain has ruined him. Wish the coaches had just let him heal

Is it a high ankle sprain? That seems to be a particularly difficult thing for RBs to handle. Purify had one his SR year and he wasn't quite the same after it.

Is it a high ankle sprain? That seems to be a particularly difficult thing for RBs to handle. Purify had one his SR year and he wasn't quite the same after it.

Tough to recover from when you can't rest it. I expect to see his carries kept low again this week and hopefully after the bye week we see some of that explosion come back.

That's what it sounds like is high ankle, if it's lingered this long. They should sit him this week, we have a bye next I think, it'll be a year long problem otherwise probably.

As dickish as this sounds, I hope it's physical. We need the Adkins we saw glimpses of last year.

Back