What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How interested in recruiting are you this year?

How into recruiting are you?

• Obsessed (trending up)

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Obsessed (trending down)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Very Interested (trending up)

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Very Interested (trending down)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Interested (trending up)

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Interested (trending down)

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Somewhat Interested (trending up)

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Somewhat Interested (trending down)

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Indifferent (trending up)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Indifferent (trending down)

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
And are you feeling it more or less as the season is getting closer?

I am interested now but, when the season starts I will be very interested perhaps obsessed. That all depends on how well we do on the field in terms of Wins/loses

I would go obsessed. Not really much to follow on our end right now, so I am paying attention to national/Big 12/Pac 10 recruiting a bit more.

I used to be so obsessed with recruiting but with 4-5 star players not living up to the hype and the results on the field, I've become less interested each year.

Very interested in recruiting this season. Seeing all the juniors on the two deep made me think that this class really needs to be a good one.

too much uncertainty this year. still waiting to see what happens before caring all that much about the recrutiing that is going on. If Hawk stays or we get a new coach, I will probably go straight to obsessed. Just Interested/very interested (trending down) for now.

For Hawk's first and second classes, I followed very closely. Watched HS games to see CU targets and commitments. His third class, a little less. This last class was not sexy on paper, there were no announcements on ESPN or the half-time of the UA or Army AA games, no big battles with the likes of Texas or SC. I followed, but only occasionally.

This year, I could not tell you who our top targets are. Thanks again to a poor record, we're not getting looks from the 4 and 5 stars. Don't get me wrong, I think we got some very good talent coming in, and I expect Hawk will find more hidden gems. But "hidden" is the operative word there. There just isn't much to keep me on the edge of my seat.

It's a little hard to get up for the recruiting under Hawk. Not that I think he has done poorly, but rather that I think he's not long for Boulder. Recruiting is the long view to CFB. When and if a coaching change happens, a lot of kids transfer, never see the field because of the schematic changes or other reasons. I ws real interested in Hawk's recruiting classes until this most recent cycle. I think Hawk has done a decent job reruiting, not great, but pretty good. Despite that, he still can't win more than one game in three. Next.

I'm not really into it yet. I don't subscribe to any recruiting sites. But as the season gets going, I will begin to follow it more and more. BTW, did anyone see the article on that HS QB in Denver. I forgot what school. Apparently, the kid, who is 6' 5", is a national caliber prospect. I think he's only a sophomore this year.

I love recruiting, it's all about hope and building for the future. I've had great fun following it in the past. The current state of the program has me pretty blue though because we are having trouble getting many prospects to take us seriously. And it's not going to change until the Buffs success level grows.

I'm feeling it more as the season gets closer, but I just haven't really tried to follow it that much this season except on this site. I don't really want to get attached to prospects just to see us not make their top 10. I was really liking Brandon Wright, but yeah..

I don't really want to get attached to prospects just to see us not make their top 10.

This..........It really does get frustrating after a while. To be irrelevant to the degree that we are not even on the radar of most top recruits at this point takes much of the fun out of following recruiting.

I'm interested, but with the down years we've had lately and Hawk having squashed a bit of my optimism for the immediate future, I've somewhat removed myself from getting too into it. Maybe if we can start getting some wins (ideally both on the field and in the recruiting battles) then my interest might start picking up

The word on the street is that we're not really accepting commitments right now unless it would be from a very select number of guys. With the small class this time and the hot seat issues, it seems the plan is to get some wins and to try to parlay that into some interest from some blue chip types. High risk strategy. No visits scheduled yet. Hopefully it pays off.

The word on the street is that we're not really accepting commitments right now unless it would be from a very select number of guys. With the small class this time and the hot seat issues, it seems the plan is to get some wins and to try to parlay that into some interest from some blue chip types. High risk strategy. No visits scheduled yet. Hopefully it pays off.
I totally support this strategy. Not that my opinion counts for anything. :smile2:

Back