What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How Is Little Brother Doing in Recruiting?

SDSU currently has a higher ranked class than us although it is on the strength of 24 commits to our 19 - they have 1 less 3*than us.

Yeah, I just looked that up. I think we have a higher average rated player which to me seems like a better way to rank. But whatevs.

EDIT: We're the #67 class in the country whether you look at points or average stars.

Last edited:
So we'd take them because they're rated the same as some others we have?

Give me Witherspoon over Wilson. Lee over Gaines. Don't know anything about Hayes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You typically rate a 4 year player higher than a juco for factors like total contribution, why do we have to swap the best players in our class for theirs?

We have DE's, DB's and Athletes rated lower than the ones you selected, if we subtracted our lowest rated guys and added these our class would jump into the 50's from where it is now.

Let me be straight here. I didn't mean to start this thread to bash/complain about any of the programs. I am a CU fan first but I have always followed all the Colorado teams. I was just curious as to how the other Coach Mac at CSU was fairing as this is his third year (second true recruiting class due to the first being Fairchild's pretty much). We need to continue to out recruit CSU if only for the perception that it will have in the in-state wars. It looks like there was not a lot of head-to head recruiting here. But going forward, there might be a OL guy that has a choice between the two and I want to have that clear advantage. But then again, each kid is different. That preverbial OL might be a country boy and thus CSU might be better for him.

Let me be straight here. I didn't mean to start this thread to bash/complain about any of the programs. I am a CU fan first but I have always followed all the Colorado teams. I was just curious as to how the other Coach Mac at CSU was fairing as this is his third year (second true recruiting class due to the first being Fairchild's pretty much). We need to continue to out recruit CSU if only for the perception that it will have in the in-state wars. It looks like there was not a lot of head-to head recruiting here. But going forward, there might be a OL guy that has a choice between the two and I want to have that clear advantage. But then again, each kid is different. That preverbial OL might be a country boy and thus CSU might be better for him.

I'd say that appears that that other coach Mac is doing a better job recruiting than his predecessor did.

As for the rest of you post, your new. Keep your head down and try not get shot while you figure out how things work around here. :lol:

Let me be straight here. I didn't mean to start this thread to bash/complain about any of the programs. I am a CU fan first but I have always followed all the Colorado teams. I was just curious as to how the other Coach Mac at CSU was fairing as this is his third year (second true recruiting class due to the first being Fairchild's pretty much). We need to continue to out recruit CSU if only for the perception that it will have in the in-state wars. It looks like there was not a lot of head-to head recruiting here. But going forward, there might be a OL guy that has a choice between the two and I want to have that clear advantage. But then again, each kid is different. That perverbial OL Dalton Risner might be a country boy and thus KSU might be better for him.

FIFY

Gaines and Hayes look pretty legit overall and the Lambs should be excited. The Lee kid didn't impress me as a difference maker and would be at or near the bottom of our class.

Incremental Improvement in raw talent for both teams. I think our class will have guys stay in school and contribute, while their class has a lot more risks, that improve their ranking on paper but will screw them if I'm right. See our last 5 years.

Continuous Improvement.

You typically rate a 4 year player higher than a juco for factors like total contribution, why do we have to swap the best players in our class for theirs?

We have DE's, DB's and Athletes rated lower than the ones you selected, if we subtracted our lowest rated guys and added these our class would jump into the 50's from where it is now.

I'll respond more in depth when I get to a computer but what I will say is that I believe all of our older DL commits (so no Matthews and I believe on else) have been recruited by both UW and UU since they committed to us.

I'll respond more in depth when I get to a computer but what I will say is that I believe all of our older DL commits (so no Matthews and I believe on else) have been recruited by both UW and UU since they committed to us.

The DE has Iowa, Texas Tech, and Utah offers -> is also showing interest from OU and Okie-light.

The DE has Iowa, Texas Tech, and Utah offers -> is also showing interest from OU and Okie-light.

I understand that, so add one out of three that'd I'd take from your list (are those full offers or GS offers as well?). What as players, not offer lists, makes you want to take them compared to some others in our class? We have limited spots, and that's why I'm asking which ones you'd take over ours.

Please don't.

Must have forgot your the only one who can post that stuff. My bad. So would you like to respond to abs? Or explain why you agree with him?

Thanks.

I was just trying to save you the effort of having to cut and paste one of Nik's post or maybe a few assistant coaches' bios.

Again, this wasn't supposed to tangent to this. Just was wondering what the next door neighbors class was like. There were some really good responses, and some that went way off. Just was curious guys. Like Buffaholic stated, overall improvement in each class is needed.

Again, this wasn't supposed to tangent to this. Just was wondering what the next door neighbors class was like. There were some really good responses, and some that went way off. Just was curious guys. Like Buffaholic stated, overall improvement in each class is needed.

No harm no foul, my friend. New questions and new viewpoints are always welcome. Sometimes a fresh thought process is very helpful.

I warned you all. Now you've got Tini on the war path to explain how CU's class is better than CSU's class.

Burn in hell, all of you.

I warned you all. Now you've got Tini on the war path to explain how CU's class is better than CSU's class.

Burn in hell, all of you.

OK, but first can you give me 3 marshmallows and an unraveled coat hanger? I'm hungry for picnic food.

'Herd they got a couple of Lamanchas over 32" at the withers. Pair those bad boys with that Oberhasli from Agate and that Saanen from LaPorte and that would make a purty fine class! Now, if they manage to pull that Toggenburg away from Boise to sling the oats!, well Whoopdang!!!!

At this point I don't care.

The only thing I care about is do we beat them each year in the stupid forced "showdown" game in Denver.

They have to recruit to beat MWC teams, we have to recruit to win PAC games.

If we are judging our recruiting based on them we are already losing.

'Herd they got a couple of Lamanchas over 32" at the withers. Pair those bad boys with that Oberhasli from Agate and that Saanen from LaPorte and that would make a purty fine class! Now, if they manage to pull that Toggenburg away from Boise to sling the oats!, well Whoopdang!!!!

Hey buddy, Oberhasli had an offer from Utah State but they didn't have a gemology major, so he'll be polishing his rocks at South Dakota State !! MacElvain is livid !! The Agate thing is totally ironic….even his Mom noticed it. Her name is Jewell.

Long story short, CSU's class is probably slightly worse but more or less on par with ours, as is also the case with several other non-BCS conference schools. Which is pretty pathetic. Ancient Chinese proverb: He who brings in a WAC staff will get WAC-level recruiting.

Long story short, CSU's class is probably slightly worse but more or less on par with ours, as is also the case with several other non-BCS conference schools. Which is pretty pathetic. Ancient Chinese proverb: He who brings in a WAC staff will get WAC-level recruiting.
Ha! That's where you're wrong. We have MWC level recruiting.

As long as we are playing CSU every year it's nice to know how things are going up there.

Ideally, of course, we would ditch this worthless series and play the lambkins once every 4 years.

Back