What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many Q's have been hurt this year????

IDBUFF

my quick count: Henney, Bradford, Brooks, Dennis Dixon probably missed alot more; was this an unusual year for big name q's out of action??

That's one of the reasons that college fb is so superior to the pro game. No pussy Wimbledon rules to prevent touching of the prima donna QBs. Injuries are part of football, if your backup can't cut it you have problems. It is a team game and making rules to increase the significance of one player over the others is BS.

That's one of the reasons that college fb is so superior to the pro game. No pussy Wimbledon rules to prevent touching of the prima donna QBs. Injuries are part of football, if your backup can't cut it you have problems. It is a team game and making rules to increase the significance of one player over the others is BS.
Yea dude, hopefully Cody Hawkins gets murdered next game, I've had enough of this pussy **** where Cody ain't injured.

Actually I imagine inferior line play is what leads to an increased rate of QB injuries in college relative to the NFL, if there even is a significant difference in injury rates.

Yea dude, hopefully Cody Hawkins gets murdered next game, I've had enough of this pussy **** where Cody ain't injured.

Actually I imagine inferior line play is what leads to an increased rate of QB injuries in college relative to the NFL, if there even is a significant difference in injury rates.

What the phuck are you talking about? Where did I say or imply that I would like to see Cody hurt?

He may be technically the backup, but it's clear he should've been the starter all year. Thankfully, Cally's too stupid to know that.

The holers would already be bowl eligible if Ganz had played all year. Good thing he hasn't.

my quick count: Henney, Bradford, Brooks, Dennis Dixon probably missed alot more; was this an unusual year for big name q's out of action??

I am not with you on this one specifically that helmet to helmet hit on Lockar in the OSU-UW game was horse-**** I know you cant fine people in college but that kid should have been suspended a game for that hit.

I am not with you on this one specifically that helmet to helmet hit on Lockar in the OSU-UW game was horse-**** I know you cant fine people in college but that kid should have been suspended a game for that hit.

I don't have a problem with suspensions for helmet to helmet hits, but I do have a problem if it is just for QBs. The rules should not be any different for them than the rest of the players. If called on the field, a helmet to helmet hit should be the same as throwing a punch, 15 yrd unsportsmanlike and ejection.

I don't have a problem with suspensions for helmet to helmet hits, but I do have a problem if it is just for QBs. The rules should not be any different for them than the rest of the players. If called on the field, a helmet to helmet hit should be the same as throwing a punch, 15 yrd unsportsmanlike and ejection.

ok, I am with you there, what about getting the kids later though? I think there needs to be so sort of review process that hit in particular wasn't called and the guy launched him self in head to head.

ok, I am with you there, what about getting the kids later though? I think there needs to be so sort of review process that hit in particular wasn't called and the guy launched him self in head to head.

I would be all for a review process where the conference would evaluate illegal hits. Problem that arises is who determines what hits get evaluated and how late in the week is too late for a team to lose a player for a reviewed hit? I think a panel could easily be created to evaluate the film so it is not just one person's subjective opinion.

What the phuck are you talking about? Where did I say or imply that I would like to see Cody hurt?
You made the claim that a significant reason that college football is superior to the NFL is because of the rate of injuries blunted with a claim of depth. And I just assumed you would like something that would make your college football experience more enjoyable.

You can bash NFL rules on hitting the quarterback, but the game hits harder and is leagues faster, considering the quarterback is by far the most open every down position on the field, a tiny bit of protection is warranted. The same is true for college, speed and hitting has stepped up, not quite to the same level as the NFL, but enough to warrant at minimum a look at some ways from preventing QBs from disproportionally representing the injury ranks. Trying to bash it for the sake of neutrality among players and "what college should be" completely ignores the way the game has changed and what it has become. The game isn't going back, the athletes are getting less athletic, to sacrifice their bodies for tradition, seems ironically to go against this tradition you seem to espouse.

You made the claim that a significant reason that college football is superior to the NFL is because of the rate of injuries blunted with a claim of depth. And I just assumed you would like something that would make your college football experience more enjoyable.

You can bash NFL rules on hitting the quarterback, but the game hits harder and is leagues faster, considering the quarterback is by far the most open every down position on the field, a tiny bit of protection is warranted. The same is true for college, speed and hitting has stepped up, not quite to the same level as the NFL, but enough to warrant at minimum a look at some ways from preventing QBs from disproportionally representing the injury ranks. Trying to bash it for the sake of neutrality among players and "what college should be" completely ignores the way the game has changed and what it has become. The game isn't going back, the athletes are getting less athletic, to sacrifice their bodies for tradition, seems ironically to go against this tradition you seem to espouse.

You mis-read my intention, one reason I think the college game is superior to the pro game because they don't (or haven't yet) put a halo around the QB. My point is that injuries are part of the game and depth and coaching needs to be ready for an injury to a key player. I have been a big NFL fan for over 30 years and hate protection that QBs get now. To make matters worse the rules seem to be interpreted differently depending on the star quality of the individual QB in the game. It's a team sport, I was always taught that no one player is bigger than the team and prefer that the rules keep it that way.

Joel Klatt would probably agree with you.

I think some of the hits on the Q are because they are not yet good at avaoiding getting clocked; Colt Brennan probably could have ducked hit hit if he would have anticipated it; I guess that comes with experience and pain

I didn't think that was a dirty hit at all. Lockar ducked his head down, as did the defensive player, and they happened to smack into each other. If Lockar had stayed in the position he was in when the defender put his head down, he would have taken a shoulder pad into his ribs, not a helmet into his head.

If Lockar had been standing straight up and the defensive player had launched himself into Lockar's chin strap, that'd be a different situation all together. But as is, I think it was a clean hit, complicated by an unfortunate turn of fate.

Back