What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins for 2015 CU Football?

How many regular season wins (13 games)

• Total voters
@Hawaii - W
UMASS - W
CSU (Denver) - W
Nicholls State - W
Oregon - L
@Arizona State - L
Arizona - L
@Oregon State - W
@UCLA - L
Stanford - W
USC - L
@ Washington State - W
@Utah - W

8 wins. 4-0 OOC. We literally **** down CSU's throat in Denver; then pick up wins against Wazzu, Utah, and Oregon State away from Boulder and we upset Stanford at home. Buffalo defense makes a huge jump in productivity with influx of bodies along D-Line. The snow comes early and is most righteous.

After this year, I think the only safe thing to do is to take Tini's prediction and cut it by 75% or so.

That said, EVENTUALLY he will be right. Just like Woelk was right in picking the CU upset of Oklahoma in 2007. :lol:

I predicted that **** too. so great telling my buddies told you so when we were rushing the field.

Now that osu hired anderson, I am changing my vote to only 5 wins, dude can coach. Back to hoping some of these other schools in our conference lose a coach or two. hawaii is going to be tough this next season and playing in hawaii is tough for kids to focus.

Now that osu hired anderson, I am changing my vote to only 5 wins, dude can coach. Back to hoping some of these other schools in our conference lose a coach or two. hawaii is going to be tough this next season and playing in hawaii is tough for kids to focus.

OSU had Mannion and thats about it, they're gonna struggle with a coaching change and replacing a NFL QB

@Hawaii - W
UMASS - W
CSU (Denver) - W
Nicholls State - W
Oregon - L
@Arizona State - L
Arizona - L
@Oregon State - W
@UCLA - L
Stanford - W
USC - L
@ Washington State - W
@Utah - W

8 wins. 4-0 OOC. We literally **** down CSU's throat in Denver; then pick up wins against Wazzu, Utah, and Oregon State away from Boulder and we upset Stanford at home. Buffalo defense makes a huge jump in productivity with influx of bodies along D-Line. The snow comes early and is most righteous.
I have an easier time seeing that happening than the rest, unfortunately. 5 wins outside of Folsom hasn't happened since 2004...

All I'm saying is that if Lynott is truly a 4* recruit, it shouldn't take him long to compete for playing time on this OL that just isn't special. Same goes for Yuri. He was a top 10 recruit coming out of HS and has the potential to be a solid contributor in the secondary.

I agree that Oliver and O'Neil are our biggest losses from that class. O'Neil was a "special" punter that changed field position for us in a big way at times, and will be missed. Oliver was probably the best kicker we've had since Crosby but he was, by no means, even close to a "special" kicker. He'll be missed but if you're relying on your K and P to be game-changers for you in the P12, you never really had a shot at winning anyways.

What potential are you talking about with Wright? Serious question.

Yeah - Yuri is done... he's not going to be a player for the Buffs. Best to churn him out as soon as possible.

Yeah - Yuri is done... he's not going to be a player for the Buffs. Best to churn him out as soon as possible.

I'm not willing to quit on Yuri just yet. There's something there, athletically.

9+ wins in 2015
We are a lot better than our record. We played really tough this year and I think we will stumble early and then start tearing it up.
This time next year our record won't be an issue, instead we will be worried about hanging onto HCMM and/or the strong members of his staff.

9+ wins in 2015
We are a lot better than our record. We played really tough this year and I think we will stumble early and then start tearing it up.
This time next year our record won't be an issue, instead we will be worried about hanging onto HCMM and/or the strong members of his staff.

If we win 9+ slider will have an instant colonoscopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we win 9+ slider will have an instant colonoscopy.

Haha.

One thing that is always good to keep in mind is that anyone who is a big enough fan to be engaged on a message board would want nothing more than to have his frustrations/complaints/negativity result in him being served up a big plate of crow next season.

We all want the same thing.

9+ wins in 2015

Our defense actually got a little worse while our offense got a little better. We lost games by an average of 39.0 - 28.5 versus 38.3 - 25.4 in 2013. Surprising, because it felt like we improved. But incremental improvement is not going to result in 9 wins. We need someone like a Pelini as DC to make a big jump like that. Well, that and a lot of improvement in turnovers.

Our defense actually got a little worse while our offense got a little better. We lost games by an average of 39.0 - 28.5 versus 38.3 - 25.4 in 2013. Surprising, because it felt like we improved. But incremental improvement is not going to result in 9 wins. We need someone like a Pelini as DC to make a big jump like that. Well, that and a lot of improvement in turnovers.

We lost multiple starters and we played the elites of the PAC-12. Tough to not get worse.

Come on man, there are serious talent questions in the front seven.

I agree. But you can't deny the fact that having TT, chido, and Gilliam back all healthy, won't make a big difference.

Add in a dline, that brings back everyone who played(sans juda), henington, SK!. While the line won't be good maybe only average, it honestly can't get worse, barring Ebola from hitting Boulder.

Believing the defensive line and LBs will be average is a big assumption until proven otherwise. Experience does not magically solve all issues.

Believing the defensive line and LBs will be average is a big assumption until proven otherwise. Experience does not magically solve all issues.

It's fair to say that the front 7 looks like it will quite a bit "better" while acknowledging that there's a big gap between 2014 and an average P5 front 7.

If our offense is top25 and our D gets in the 60s. We win 6/7 games

Very true. The YPA given up in the running game needs to be dramatically better just to give us a chance in some games. Hope Baer is up to the challenge.

If our offense is top25 and our D gets in the 60s. We win 6/7 gamesSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the offense jumps 40+ places and the defense jumps about 60 places, we might be decent? Pretty safe assumption.

4 wins: UMass, Nich State, and 2 PAC 12 wins. Hawaii will beat us in Hawaii.

Why are we considering CSU a loss right now? They graduate 8 seniors including Grayson and Sambrailo, they have no coach at this point (most important factor right now), probably lose Hart to the draft (anyone think he was in FoCo if McElwain wasn't there?), among others?

Last edited:
It's a pure toss-up game IMO. I think it will be a one possession game either way.

I'm assuming it's largely because they were ranked in the top 25 this year and beat us, but I'm not sure how much of that carries over to 2015...
Look deeper. What advantages do they have. Pretend they are us if that helps

Back