What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins for the Buffs this year?

How many wins?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 18 14.0%

Votes: 38 29.5%

Votes: 45 34.9%

Votes: 13 10.1%

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 11+

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
I'm not convinced there's a giant talent gap between CU and teams like UA, UU, ASU and WSU. We're acting like we don't have anybody who knows how to play the game.

I'm not convinced there's a giant talent gap between CU and teams like UA, UU, ASU and WSU. We're acting like we don't have anybody who knows how to play the game.

I all due respect, We had a coach who didn't know how to coach the game, so there for he recruited players who didn't know how to play the game.

Spot on. We do have a clear lack of talent and depth at a number of positions, who in the confernce other than USC and Oregon has talent and depth at every position. If we went to other teams boards I can guarantee that the realistic posters are saying "We are to small (slow, unskilled, etc.) at this position and "If (name of player) gets hurt we are screwed because we have nothing behind him." and "We absolutely need (again name player or players) to step up at X position or we will be in big trouble."

It is all relative and some schools are worse off than others. Hawkins left us in a big hole but our oppenents aren't perfect either. We won two conference games last year. This year we will have another year in the system, another year of Embree recruits replacing Hawkins recruits and Embree coaching replacing Hawkins coaching. We also will not have the killer OOC schedule and no bye week. We still aren't a very good team but a minor bowl is a very reasonable and reachable target.

I guess I am still missing where the points are going to come from on this team.

I guess I am still missing where the points are going to come from on this team.

Considering Stewart, and Richardson were basically instant contributors as freshman and huge contributors as sophomores, I don't see any reason why we can't get a lot of production from other new faces.

I would not be shocked to see Tony Jones have a huge season. He isn't as shifty as Speedy was but he has better top end speed and doesn't go down as easy on arm tackles. I can see a lot of what were 8-12 yard runs for Stewart ending up as long gainers for ToJo.

As others have stated WR is a position were young guys can contribute. Somebody will step up.

We should also have more opportunities since I think the D is going to be improved. Even though they are young actually having CBs playing CB will make a huge difference in terms of getting the other team off the field and not starting our possetions with a KO return.

Considering Stewart, and Richardson were basically instant contributors as freshman and huge contributors as sophomores, I don't see any reason why we can't get a lot of production from other new faces.

Stewart was an instant contributor... on the dead last scoring team in the conference. Richardson took the better part of a season before he started to show flashes.

I agree with this, but until I see us start to change our play on the field (FINALLY winning on the road last year was a start), I just won't believe that we will win the majority of the games where we've got close to equal talent.

The saddest part is EVERY single team is doing this same thing on their fan sites, and EVERY single team is penciling a win over us. That is no respect.
To be fair, we haven't done anything to earn respect. I hope everyone is looking past us, because we won't be great but I think we'll be good enough to surprise some teams (except USC, Stanford, Oregon).

Stewart was an instant contributor... on the dead last scoring team in the conference. Richardson took the better part of a season before he started to show flashes.

I think you are forgetting that we have a guy on our team who can kick with both feet; think about that...

Nice bell curve. tossing out the outliers the weighted avg is 5.4 wins and 2/3 of the guesses say 5 or 6 wins. I picked six.. I know we need to rely on some heavy freshman contributions, but I believe we have that potential along the defensive line, at RB and WR, and at corner. Our coaches have a year under their belts as a staff, and I look forward to progress from the offense that will reflect the greater experience set from Embree and Bieniemy.

Back