What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins in 2010 for you to want Hawkins back in 2011?

How many wins to make you want Hawkins in 2011?

• 12+

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 14 11.2%

Votes: 14 11.2%

Votes: 39 31.2%

Votes: 13 10.4%

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Does not matter, I want him back regardless

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Does not matter, I want him gone regardless

Votes: 28 22.4%

• Total voters
9 wins next year and all of you guys would have a Hawkins poster on your bedroom walls. :lol:
9 wins doesn't make a Hawk poster good enough to wipe my ass with.

I hate being a hater but I'm convinced that Hawk will never lead our Buffs to the promise land. Time to move on.

Put me in the group that wants him gone. I am convinced that he will not be successful in the long run at CU and he is not the man for the job. He would have to have a very big change in his approach to get me back on board.

While it's very early, I think CU stands a very good chance at a lot of the top in state guys next year. A 7 win season keeps most of them home imo. Hell, 7 wins would've kept a few of the guys home this year, but that sort of didn't work out.

I think you're right. 7 wins this year and we would have kept Jones and I doubt Spond would have ever waivered. We probably get 2-3 other guys as well.

Hawkins has failed so badly, that he will never be able to recruit at a high level again. If he can't recruit, he will never turn the program around. remove him the sooner the better.

9 wins for me. It is a tall order, but I think w/ 8 in the RS and a bowl win would mark hope for the future and give Hawkins a reasonable chance to build on the success. I was close to choosing the 8 wins, but 8-5 just doesn't quite sound good enough to make up for 4 losing seasons. I'd take the winning season, but would rather see someone else build on that momentum.

I remember how so many people (Lot's of Buff fans included) were ripping nU for firing Solich after a 9 win season. Now we (self included) want hawkins fired even if he reels off 9 wins this year. Funny.

'Course the difference is that in nU's case, 9 W's "just isn't up to the expectations". Here it's because 9 W's just wouldn't be enough to make up for the disappointments.

Compare Solich's tenure at neb before 2003 to Hawkin's tenure at CU.

neb was stupid to fire Solich. Solich won at least 9 games in all but one season while coaching for 6 years at neb. He never had a losing season.

Hawkins has had a losing season in all 4 years here. He's never had a winning season.

Compare Solich's tenure at neb before 2003 to Hawkin's tenure at CU.

neb was stupid to fire Solich. Solich won at least 9 games in all but one season while coaching for 6 years at neb. He never had a losing season.

Hawkins has had a losing season in all 4 years here. He's never had a winning season.

Hence the last 2 sentences of my post. On the surface, it's funny. Take away the first layer of the onion and it's totally different.

The discussion of 8 wins as if it is something that is even within the realm of possibility is funny to me.

Yeah, a loss to CSU and we may be talking about a midseason coaching change.

Loss to CSU and WE BETTER DAMN WELL SEE AN IMMEDIATE COACHING CHANGE!

I am in the boat of 8 regular season wins or GTFO. I don't care about the schedule or any of the other excuses that have been offered up over the past four years. No slack, no excuses accepted...shut up and show you can win at a BCS school! The talent is there and just about any coach worth a lick could win with this team now.

9 wins doesn't make a Hawk poster good enough to wipe my ass with.

I hate being a hater but I'm convinced that Hawk will never lead our Buffs to the promise land. Time to move on.

I'm with you. He will never amass to sheet. Oh wait, he can amas to a big ol' bucket of sheet, I for one cant wait until he's gone. We are the bottom of the BigXII in recruiting and the lambs are beating us in every way possible. I'm sorry, but I cant believe we got rid of GB for this crap!

Last edited:
Back