What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How much do decisions by other teams + feelers about interest affect decision?

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
Do you guys think Bohn and administration are actually watching the other coaching decisions being made, and are they maybe already putting feelers out to find out how much interest there might be in the HC position before making a decision?

I know we mostly feel the administration is inept like JE, but I think they were doing a lot of that behind the scenes work when the pulled the trigger first on conference realignment-something I am still thrilled they did despite the trainwreck that is our football program (we wouldn't have done any better in the Big 12 this year anyway).

Do you guys think Bohn and administration are actually watching the other coaching decisions being made, and are they maybe already putting feelers out to find out how much interest there might be in the HC position before making a decision?

I know we mostly feel the administration is inept like JE, but I think they were doing a lot of that behind the scenes work when the pulled the trigger first on conference realignment-something I am still thrilled they did despite the trainwreck that is our football program (we wouldn't have done any better in the Big 12 this year anyway).

I suspect a few powerless underlings within the AD are closely following developments at other schools.

But based on non-actions taken over the last decade, I cynically believe that those who do track such things are powerless to shape strategy and are not authorized to do much with the information.

Those who are empowered to make changes are reactionary at best. If there are any proactive initiatives, it comes from politically motivated fear instead of any desire to strive for being the best.

No idea. I am so cynical about those a-holes I can't be objective.

My cynical opinion is the admin are plants from Nebraska, nefariously culminating a 12 year plan to destroy CU football which began after the 2000 game.

No idea. I am so cynical about those a-holes I can't be objective.

My cynical opinion is the admin are plants from Nebraska, nefariously culminating a 12 year plan to destroy CU football which began after the 2000 game.
Hard to disagree with your cynicism BUT I still think that Bohn managed to get some of the powers that be to be leaders, not followers which initiated conference realignment.

Say what you will about them having no perceived other alternative or the $ was so great, but at the time they committed to it every other school in that nation was on the sidelines watching.

This makes me think that they may actually be doing what I was suggesting-watching what's unfolding around the nation and getting feelers out to see if CU could attract a coach we could afford that could reinvigorate the base.

I am just going to hope this is the case b/c the alternative is too depressing.

Back