What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How much do we miss Mike Iltis at center?

How big is the Iltis loss?

• Huge - transformed the prospects of this OL

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Significant - we'll be ok but it will take a few weeks at C

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Negligible - he wasn't an impact player and the freshmen are just as good

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • We're better off - the freshmen are better anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Going into the spring, it was looking like we'd have one of the most experienced OLs in the country. We lost Givens, but I'm not sure that there was a lot of trust that he'd play like a veteran anyway so Harris isn't much different.

But at center, we went from a 5th year senior who was a returning starter (and had 2 years of starting experience) to a pair of RS-Freshmen getting their first game experience.

How big is the impact of Iltis deciding to quit playing football?

A loss for sure, but it was a stretch to expect him to stay healthy over the course of a 13-game schedule anyway. I think his absence highlights the lack of athleticism in the interior OL more than anything.

I'm going with pretty big loss. Iltis wasn't amazing as a player, but that veteran leadership from the center was key imo. I wonder if Munyer/Handler weren't failing to call things properly as the line got set. Munyer especially got pushed around quite a bit too.

This guy never stayed healthy. It would be better than Handler or Munyer obviously but i'm not sure how long he'd last.

Back