What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How to express your displeasure

skibum

Thou shalt not groom Mary Jane
Club Member
The internets are completely failing me right now, but am I the only one that remembers the story about the UCLA alumni who took a picture (video?) of his annual donation check and UCLA sweatshirt, and then set them on fire?

If I had tickets to the remaining games, I would post a picture of me setting flame to them. Same thing with the season ticket renewal form when it came - write the check, and then set them both on fire. Post it on twitter/facebook too, with a hashtag of something like #firebenson... (make sure to include @CU_Bruce_Benson in there if you actually do this)

This situation absolutely requires a really stupid and futile gesture be done on somebody's part!

[video=youtube;q7vtWB4owdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE[/video]

(apologies for posting that particular clip twice in one week...)

beavis-approves-19283-1328418183-120.jpg

Dude, it's not like they don't know. I could be wrong because I'm not alum, but it stinks of them not caring. I wish they'd make me eat crow.

The Regents are the real decision makers. If they tell Benson to do build a rollercoaster on top of Regent with the Nobel Prize earnings, guess what gets built.

I think we as alumni/donors/fanbase need to appeal to them, somehow. The first and best way is to put the problem in monetary terms (decrease in perception of Athletics --> decrease in out-of-state applications --> higher acceptance rates/more in-state students --> harder to raise tuition as we anticipate having to get more private).

I think doing an upper deck at Benson and Distefano's wouldn't be out of order.

Back