What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How upsetting of a season...

NBDefektor

I don't really expect any discourse from this, but I just wanted to say that I am perhaps the most depressed about the fact that this season could have been something really special. We just joined the Pac 12 and had a new coaching staff, and even fielding a somewhat competitive team would get our fans worked up about a road trip to UCLA, ASU, Stanford, etc.

Instead, the only thing I'm really looking forward to in my road trip to UCLA is seeing old friends and drowning my sorrows with them as I am forced to watch my team attempt to stay in a game with an already-terrible UCLA team. I suppose having an outside chance at beating slick rick in what seems to be his last year as their head coach would be nice, but deep down i'll be happy if we lose by 21 or less on a cloudless day in Pasadena.

Imagine what this season could've been: CU fans showing up in respectable numbers to Pac 12 away games with a sufficient amount of passion and hope. I love doing road trips and all, but I have never felt so much apathy leading up to an away game i'm going to.

sigh, what could've been... :bang:

While the season sucks, I can't think of a single legitimate preseason publication that had CU finishing better than 3 wins. Most people had us going O for the PAC.

Like Slider said, we barely had a BCS roster when everyone was healthy.

Start of the year the D was the biggest concern, especially the D backs. The injuries have made a unit that at best was questionable into the worst in the league if not all of football. When you have corner backs starting that never played the position prior to 3 weeks ago you can't be surprised when we get torched.

I'm just happy that the season is allowing for lots of freshmen & sophomores to get serious playing time. We need them to have tons of game experience moving into next year.

agree, it could have been great.. and as bad as I hate nu (and I really really do) I am jealous of the bastards, they might win their new conference

I blame Mike "Participant in the Pac-12" Bohn at this point. I also blame Dr. Phil and Brucey. Keeping D II around for an extra year so he could completely demolish the program has done catstrophic damage IMO. If the change were made in '09, the new HC would have been restocking the shelves a year earlier, and had some talent and depth to work with in the areas where CU doesn't have it now. (i.e. Smith and JBrown at CB, Solder at OT etc.). The '10 recruiting class would have been the transitional and this past year's would have been the product of a year's worth of effort backed by a season that may not have been a bowl season, and may not have been a shining example, but does anybody doubt it would not be worse than what is happening now? Embo and EB have their work cut out on the recruiting trail. IMO, they are doing a good job there, and if they can sell immediate PT, they should continue to stock up on talent, but the job is harder than it needs to be because of the buffoonery by the admin.

Last edited:
Back