What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How will the Buffs do in the Draft?

It's near impossible guessing how the late rounds go because so much is dependent on what teams like each guy, and what they ended up doing earlier in the draft.

My guess is that two guys are picked on Saturday and the other is signed as an UFA on Sunday.

Crawley should be the highest of the players drafted and if Ithink he is likely going to be the best pro. Sure he got beat, but then any corner, even the best would get beat when the rest of the defense gets zippo QB pressure. If I had to guess he will go in the 5th or 6th and then surprise teams.

Spruce was a great Buff but unfortunately I don't see him being athletically gifted enough either with speed or with quickness in and out of cuts to make it work at the pro level. I do think he might get drafted in the 7th, but I don't see him making a team.

Nembot shouldn't get drafted, but some team will take a flyer on him in the 7th. The guy is strong and looks like a beast, which is why teams will take a flyer on him. Very likely he will make someone's practice squad because some coach will think they can cure his feet issues and the fact that there are stretches where he doesn't play with the strength he possesses.

If he's still around in the 6th or later, I'd love to see the Broncos take a flier on Spruce.

He has got the hands, the toughness, and the smarts to be a slot receiver, if he doesn't mind the possibility of eating out of straw a few times in his career.

Nembot is getting drafted with his upside alone. Spruce may go 7th or may go undrafted. Crawley's speed may get him late but his ability never really showed.

Nembot is getting drafted with his upside alone. Spruce may go 7th or may go undrafted. Crawley's speed may get him late but his ability never really showed.

6'0" with a good frame and ran a 4.43. KC has a good chance to get drafted. On a 53-man roster, you need guys like that because they can play on your special teams while providing positional depth as they develop. I don't see how he's that much less of a prospect than Jalil Brown, who went in the 4th round. Brown was bigger and had better ball skills (all-around athlete who could even play wildcat QB), but KC is almost as big and he's faster.

I believe we all now what team will target Spruce...
462635708-julian-edelman-tom-brady-and-danny-amendola-gettyimages.jpg

He could do worse.

On the other hand Miller is quoted in the Camera today saying he'll be a Cleveland fan for life since they drafted him. I don't think Spruce is going to care much as long as his name is called and he gets his chance.

I believe we all now what team will target Spruce...
462635708-julian-edelman-tom-brady-and-danny-amendola-gettyimages.jpg

Spruce is a very different WR than those guys, though. Edelman and Amendola are generously listed at 5'10" and 5'11", respectively. Spruce is a few inches taller, 10-15 lbs heavier, and is slower + less explosive.

But if we're talking about systems where you've got a very smart and accurate QB who relies on precise route running from his receivers, Patriots could be a fit. Spruce will do best with a QB like that because he's not going to win many jump balls.

Spruce is a very different WR than those guys, though. Edelman and Amendola are generously listed at 5'10" and 5'11", respectively. Spruce is a few inches taller, 10-15 lbs heavier, and is slower + less explosive.

But if we're talking about systems where you've got a very smart and accurate QB who relies on precise route running from his receivers, Patriots could be a fit. Spruce will do best with a QB like that because he's not going to win many jump balls.

Green Bay or NO would be a good landing spot.

I don't see how he's that much less of a prospect than Jalil Brown, who went in the 4th round. Brown was bigger and had better ball skills (all-around athlete who could even play wildcat QB), but KC is almost as big and he's faster.

Crawley was exposed regularly. Brown wasn't. Hope for the best and expect him to be drafted but I don't see NFL talent on him. Just the measurables.

Could see the Jags taking Spruce in 5 or 6 if hes still around.

Game tape is the number one thing that NFL GMs should be going off, IMO. Measureables are great, but if you can't play, they don't mean anything. Crawley just never seemed to effectively locate the ball in the air to make a play. His coverage was tight much of the time, but guys still caught the ball on him because he couldn't locate. That's my biggest criticism of his game.

Spruce is the opposite. He is technically sound in just about every aspect and catches the ball extremely well, but he doesn't have the physical measurebles that NFL teams want.

They mean everything to NFL teams, it's the Gil Brandt rule.

The Ewes have two draft picks to our zero. Urgh.

What we are seeing is that CU had some seniors who were good college players, but still not there with next level talent. The recruiting classes at the end of the Hawkins era pretty much left the cupboard bare and Embree found a few guys in his couple years but that was punctuated with a ton of misses on guys who wouldn't even contribute. We'll see some Buffs drafted relatively high in 2017, led by Chido.

Back