What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How worried are you about the Hawaii game?

How confident are you in a win at Hawaii?

• 5 - Mark it. Buffs roll in this one.

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • 4 - I respect UH in this one, but expect Buffs to win.

Votes: 73 43.2%
  • 3 - Could go either way.

Votes: 50 29.6%
  • 2 - Recent history of CU results, especially on the road, make me expect a loss.

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • 1 - We'll be ****ed before the 1st Saturday of the season.

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
Maybe you can add value to this discussion by giving your opinion, if you have such a problem with mine. Talk about exhausting.

You don't even know what yours is, which is what I was pointing out. That's all. And Shoulder's got the basics down.

You don't even know what yours is, which is what I was pointing out. That's all. And Shoulder's got the basics down.

I clearly stated my opinion that last year's game has little to no indication as to how this year's will go, due to too many staff and personnel changes on both sides. What don't you understand about that?

You have become the biggest troll on this website, offering almost zero original opinions to these discussions.

I clearly stated my opinion that last year's game has little to no indication as to how this year's will go, due to too many staff and personnel changes on both sides. What don't you understand about that?

You have become the biggest troll on this website, offering almost zero original opinions to these discussions.
First paragraph: Thank you for explaining your opinion, even if it will change instantly as needed.

bolded: ****ing allsome.

post-23810-Darth-Vader-I-find-your-lack-o-7tOl.gif

not sure his point is all that good considering the concussion and injury worries that will follow Gillam until he goes through a whole season more or less unscathed, at least. Dude has trouble staying on the field.

Solid analyzizzz

Actually, that's not what you said. But carry on.

Pretty much anyone is a reputable poster compared to defeated.

oh lord, that's a pathetic waste of an excellent meme. What a horrible first use. The only mildly redeeming part is that you probably don't even know why.

So, umm, defeated, are you still joyous about your reputable poster's opinion? Or must he now be put on ignore and his honestly expressed opinions discounted?

Is there a reasonable argument to be made for Hawaii beating CU this year? Or must all arguments be dismissed out of hand?

If we are throwing out last year's results and adjusting for major changes, where does it begin?

This is a good response.

Edit: it's not complete, and misses the Buff's issues, but it makes good points.

Getting warmer

You realize where you are implicitly starting from, right? Of course you don't.

Back to worthless

First paragraph: Thank you for explaining your opinion, even if it will change instantly as needed.

bolded: ****ing allsome.

Just a quick sample from today and yesterday in 2 of the more discussion heavy threads. Solid value added by you. Maybe spend less time focused on constantly attacking me, and more time having a discussion.

In case anyone wants to go down memory lane.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400548196

Hey now......

Hawaii Punting
NOYDSAVGTB-20LG
Scott Harding941546.10556

Colorado Punting
NOYDSAVGTB-20LG
Darragh O'Neill941646.21459

I was told the Hawaii guy put us inside the 20 7 times. And someone that told me that somehow forgot to mention our guy did it to them 6 times! Hopefully O'Neill wasn't a senior and is being replaced by a true freshman or something? Even if he is, surely we have one of the best ST coaches in the nation and can overcome that minor issue if it were to be true, which it is not.

Hey now......

Hawaii Punting
NOYDSAVGTB-20LG
Scott Harding941546.10556

Colorado Punting
NOYDSAVGTB-20LG
Darragh O'Neill941646.21459

I was told the Hawaii guy put us inside the 20 7 times. And someone that told me that somehow forgot to mention our guy did it to them 6 times! Hopefully O'Neill wasn't a senior and is being replaced by a true freshman or something? Even if he is, surely we have one of the best ST coaches in the nation and can overcome that minor issue if it were to be true, which it is not.
Yup. Darragh was a boss. We will miss him. That said, I'm more worried about our place kicking.

Yup. Darragh was a boss. We will miss him. That said, I'm more worried about our place kicking.

I am also more concerned about placekicking. While I have the utmost faith in Coach Neinas, Mexican Sebastian Janikowski may just not be up to the task. Let us hope he proves me wrong.

That is an issue. Punting may be an issue and for a bad team it may be bigger than we think right now.

I am also more concerned about placekicking. While I have the utmost faith in Coach Neinas, Mexican Sebastian Janikowski may just not be up to the task. Let us hope he proves me wrong.
Hopefully we put it in the zone, worrisome for me as well. This punter we have coming in, can he do both?

Hopefully we put it in the zone, worrisome for me as well. This punter we have coming in, can he do both?

The recruiting services had him rated as a punter only, however the kicking evaluator, (sailer?) commented that he could do both so I guess we will see.

I would expect their D to take a step back. They graduated 22 players. I can't find their depth chart online, but of those 22 players 9 were on defense. So not only are they losing a lot of experience on that side of the ball, they are also changing coaches. The offense is losing their leading rusher, 2 starting OL and 2 primary backup OL. The ST is graduating 2 punters and their place kicker.

They graduated a ton of depth and a ton of experience and are replacing a coordinator. Their offense should be able to absorb the loss of their QB especially because they are upgrading the position with a transfer. The rainbows are always tough in hawaii, especially when we will be playing at 11pm local time, but if the buffs take the game seriously things should work out fine.

Seems like we say this about CSU every year (can't find a starting OL, brand new QB, transfer RB with knee problems, graduated starting TE, etc) and it ends up being a crap shoot.

Plain and simple, this game is going to come down to how mentally prepared and strong the Buffs are. If there are two teams that this is most prevalent - it's CSU and Hawaii on the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope so because we will need it. We stall a lot in the red zone. Hopefully that changes too.
Eh not really. Happened at bad times, but overall we were at 88.9% in the red zone, our opponents were st 89.3%. 64.4% of ours resulted in 6 points which falls #47 nationally. Needs to improve, but not bad by any means

Seems like we say this about CSU every year (can't find a starting OL, brand new QB, transfer RB with knee problems, graduated starting TE, etc) and it ends up being a crap shoot.

Plain and simple, this game is going to come down to how mentally prepared and strong the Buffs are. If there are two teams that this is most prevalent - it's CSU and Hawaii on the road.

I know I fell into that trap last year, and honestly I underestimated Sparkles. Like you said though, it came down to mental preparation. We came out of the tunnel on fire. Were up to 17-0 at one point. However when adversity hit CU wasn't mentally prepared to respond to it. CSU responded and CU crumbled. The mental side is where I expect to see the biggest difference this year.

Well I feel better about it where it's scheduled so maybe our guys will know who they are. They will come with it, we know that much.

Eh not really. Happened at bad times, but overall we were at 88.9% in the red zone, our opponents were st 89.3%. 64.4% of ours resulted in 6 points which falls #47 nationally. Needs to improve, but not bad by any means
Didn't know that.

gleeb gun is empty, but good post. And re: the bolded, holy **** yes.

gleeb gun is empty, but good post. And re: the bolded, holy **** yes.

In retrospect, especially as the discussion has developed, it is incredible how many times CU shot themselves in the foot last year. Sefo driving to win a game, pick. Oliver set up for a game winner, wide right. Defense needing to hold on a 4th and long and missing a tackle. O driving then suffers a false start. I know all fans will say similar things about the games their team lost, just seems like CU had an unreasonably high amount of game losing **** ups.

In retrospect, especially as the discussion has developed, it is incredible how many times CU shot themselves in the foot last year. Sefo driving to win a game, pick. Oliver set up for a game winner, wide right. Defense needing to hold on a 4th and long and missing a tackle. O driving then suffers a false start. I know all fans will say similar things about the games their team lost, just seems like CU had an unreasonably high amount of game losing **** ups.

Being in the military, Most of the people I work with graduated from D1, if P5, schools. And the sad part is, everyone I work with (or have worked with over the past 10 years) always mention that "CU seems to shoot themselves in the foot more than most teams", so even they notice.

Sure, there's a reasonable argument to made, but with major staff and personnel changes for both teams, I don't think that argument begins with last year's result.

Oregon lost their DC and their QB. We made a bunch of positive changes. We have them at home this season. Last year's results don't matter. Loving our chances this year!

Back