What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How's everyone doing up in Boulder? Can't believe they closed campus today.

CUBuff2481

We had 5+ feet of snow during finals back in '06 or'07 and they wouldn't even shut down. Hope we get a break for those up in 4-mile, and for the early game on Sat.

You all stay safe up there and hope not to much clean up... That is some crazy rain #'s.

We had 5+ feet of snow during finals back in '06 or'07 and they wouldn't even shut down. Hope we get a break for those up in 4-mile, and for the early game on Sat.

Your memory is ****ed. Or mine is. To me, we had about three feet and I had multiple finals canceled, to me.

And it was Dec. '06

Your memory is ****ed. Or mine is. To me, we had about three feet and I had multiple finals canceled, to me.

none of mine were canceled, and i couldn't get out of DIA until xmas eve. the goose (or whatever it was called back then) was the only place open and the owner cooked me up a prime rib fo free.

And it was Dec. '06

If I remember correctly some were canceled and some weren't, they left it up to the professor. I had 3 canceled and one optional (prof. promised the grade would only help and not hurt us no matter how bad we did), so I decided to ski to the optional haha.

I remember this. Accounting final got cancelled and I ended up having to drive back to Oregon because it wasnt going to be until Jan 5th that united was going to reschedule my flight.

I'd be pissed

BT8baOfCEAA6lrk.jpg

Campus closed tomorrow too.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Campus will be closed again tomorrow, Sept 13, while infrastructure assessments are made. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CUBoulder&amp;src=hash">#CUBoulder</a></p>&mdash; CU-Boulder (@CUBoulder) <a href="https://twitter.com/CUBoulder/statuses/378178773268439040">September 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Game will likely be fine. Only way I see them calling it is if the field floods. CU will have the upper hand for sure if the game is in the rain, since we have been practicing in it all week. Supposed to clear up though friday night and saturday morning before coming back saturday night.

And it was Dec. '06

None of mine were cancelled, all engineering classes. One prof. did let us take the final from home but made it twice as hard.

And it was Dec. '06

I had a final at 8 am on the next day. I was in the process of studying for it and then said eff it and started drinking. heavily. I shot an email off to my prof at like 10PM and didn't get home till like 3 AM. Checked the email and got a response "The final will be held as scheduled at 8 AM". I laughed over my delicious corn dogs and emailed her back telling her I am not coming.

That was a pretty good snow storm. If this was in winter - it would have probably tripled that storm. Crazy to think about!

There was a guy on the radio this morning who said that had this been a winter storm, it would have produces 100 inches of snow.

To put this in perspective, Boulder received over half of it's annual average precipitation in the past 24 hours.

I got to experience a 7 footer when I was living up in the mountains above Durango in '05. Power out, roads closed, roofs collapsing. Not so awesome.
depends on where you are. had a 9 footer in Mammoth a few years back. no biggy.

If I remember correctly some were canceled and some weren't, they left it up to the professor. I had 3 canceled and one optional (prof. promised the grade would only help and not hurt us no matter how bad we did), so I decided to ski to the optional haha.
That was a huge snowfall. My last final was earlier that afternoon, went out and got drunk after sludging my way to the Mountain Sun. Walked home at 3am, city lights reflecting off the snowscape. As light as day. Boulder: nestled between the mountains and reality.

yea, bummer. maybe less?

Might scare some people away. Parking going to be a disaster (worse disaster,) tailgating severly curtailed, good chance of more rain. Lot of people cleaning up at home or work.

Not going to be much walk up ticket sales.

All of mine had to be rescheduled to first week in Jan.

So, did all you students heed the warnings and stay in your damned dorms?

Back