What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hurley and ASU are killing it...

OsideBuff

Dimwitted ****
Beat Xavier by 16 at the end of November...and beat #2Kansas at Kansas today by 10....ranked 13...will most assuredly jump to top 10. and he is doing it in his 3rd season. Looks like the best team in the PAC right now.

While I do hate all things ASU, Bobby H didn't come all the way to a hell hole like Phoenix to **** around and not do well. In watching his local interviews down here on local TV you can see that the guy is pretty driven.

While I do hate all things ASU, Bobby H didn't come all the way to a hell hole like Phoenix to **** around and not do well. In watching his local interviews down here on local TV you can see that the guy is pretty driven.

The good thing for the Pac-12 is that he is going to jump ship for a better job, and the better ASU does, the sooner that will happen. ASU is nobody's dream job.

Beat Xavier by 16 at the end of November...and beat #2Kansas at Kansas today by 10....ranked 13...will most assuredly jump to top 10. and he is doing it in his 3rd season. Looks like the best team in the PAC right now.
ASU is hands-down the best team in the Pac-12 at the moment. Care to wager whether they are the best team in conference by March?

Reactions: wip
The good thing for the Pac-12 is that he is going to jump ship for a better job, and the better ASU does, the sooner that will happen. ASU is nobody's dream job.

I agree totally. I think that Bobby's end game is probably an NBA HC job. Hope it happens as soon as possible. Until then the Scum Devils will be a tough out.

I agree totally. I think that Bobby's end game is probably an NBA HC job. Hope it happens as soon as possible. Until then the Scum Devils will be a tough out.

Aren't the Suns already in the market? He could go get that one without having to sell his house......

A back to back National Champion isnt gonna **** around anywhere he goes, at least on the court. I remember watching him, dude is all about winning. Im sure Dad had something to do with that.

I just don't see Hurley leaving ASU quickly unless Duke came calling after the year, because K suddenly retires (not expected). ASU may not be a top tier program, but I think he can bide his time and wait for a top job. I don't see a top job opening up this year.

As for the NBA... ...perhaps, who knows the future. However, I will recho those thoughts on Hurley being all about winning. He's a competitive ****er, and I'm not sure how well that will play with NBA players. I'm sure he's rather demanding and can appear to be whiny at times. When you're guiding 18-22 year olds that are depending on their scholarship (at least somewhat...), that could work. If you're talking about multi-millionaire pros... ...not so sure.

I'm glad Arizona picked up their wins and ASU has done well - we need more respect nationally. I'm not worried about CU being a bubble team - as said in other threads, I think we're more NIT bubble if anything, but on a year to year basis, having the PAC do well OOC is a good thing, especially when CU has a team that can make a tournament run.

My ASU alum family members are saying the FBI will likely be turning their eye toward Tempe in the near future. They are hearing Dear Ol' Bobby isn't exactly on the level with this sudden success. Stay tuned...

I just don't see Hurley leaving ASU quickly unless Duke came calling after the year, because K suddenly retires (not expected). ASU may not be a top tier program, but I think he can bide his time and wait for a top job. I don't see a top job opening up this year.

As for the NBA... ...perhaps, who knows the future. However, I will recho those thoughts on Hurley being all about winning. He's a competitive ****er, and I'm not sure how well that will play with NBA players. I'm sure he's rather demanding and can appear to be whiny at times. When you're guiding 18-22 year olds that are depending on their scholarship (at least somewhat...), that could work. If you're talking about multi-millionaire pros... ...not so sure.

I'm glad Arizona picked up their wins and ASU has done well - we need more respect nationally. I'm not worried about CU being a bubble team - as said in other threads, I think we're more NIT bubble if anything, but on a year to year basis, having the PAC do well OOC is a good thing, especially when CU has a team that can make a tournament run.

I'm not ready to say we're not an NCAA bubble team YET. Two reasons-One, we don't have a bad loss. CSU isn't going to make the NCAA tournament, but they've got an RPI of 144, and they're going to get several chances in conference play to improve it (they play Nevada, Boise, and Fresno all at home). I think we're very capable of winning these last three games OOC, and that'll have us at 10-2 going into league-We'll struggle away from CEC, but I think we'll beat a couple people we shouldn't at home.........starting with the new darlings of this sport on 1/4.

Last edited:
I'm not ready to say we're not an NCAA bubble team YET. Two reasons-One, we don't have a bad loss. CSU isn't going to make the NCAA tournament, but they've got an RPI of 144, and they're going to get several chances in conference play to improve it (they play Nevada, Boise, and Fresno all at home). I think we should win these last three games OOC, and that'll have us at 10-2 going into league-We'll struggle away from CEC, but I think we'll beat a couple people we shouldn't at home.........starting with the new darlings of this sport on 1/4.
If you think the Buffs are just going to show up and win their next three OOC then you're not paying attention. San Diego hung tough against San Diego State and beat New Mexico State. They won't be an easy test. Then the one that sounds like the biggest gimmie, South Dakota State has already beaten Mississippi and Iowa and played tough against Wichita State. Finally, Iowa is a neutral site game that is more of a home game for Iowa. Each and every one of these teams is good enough to beat CU. In fact, I would argue that CU has to be on point to get these victories.

If you think the Buffs are just going to show up and win their next three OOC then you're not paying attention. San Diego hung tough against San Diego State and beat New Mexico State. They won't be an easy test. Then the one that sounds like the biggest gimmie, South Dakota State has already beaten Mississippi and Iowa and played tough against Wichita State. Finally, Iowa is a neutral site game that is more of a home game for Iowa. Each and every one of these teams is good enough to beat CU. In fact, I would argue that CU has to be on point to get these victories.

Never said they'd be easy, and I misspoke. We're capable of winning those last three. San Diego is a good team. South Dakota State also has one of the best players in the one-bid leagues in Mike Daum. They'll be tough, and so will Iowa-that's a glorified road game.

Making the NIT would be the sign of a great season for this young Buffs team but I have zero expectations for this year's team after last season.

Yeah, I'm not sure that he'd be a success in the

I agree. I'm not sure he'd be a success in the NBA either.

Making the NIT would be the sign of a great season for this young Buffs team but I have zero expectations for this year's team after last season.

Different team than last year so have some expectation for improvement.....at least did until hearing about Battey and then Tory's injury.

Non Conference schedule not as strong as last year.
Having Wake Forest get upset didnt help.
The variables from last year are different than this year.

I saw that ASU is ranked #5. Highest ranking since 1981.

That's crazy to think about.

As much as I hate all things ASU, it's good for the conference for at least one team having a better than expected year.

Arizona week is after the opening week at Oregon...better be ready to go in conference play and tonight's win against SDSU did build some confidence back into not only the players but the fans as well.

I don’t like the unfavorable opening conference schedule, sort of like last year’s. Open with 2 on the road, then face probably the 2 toughest teams at home, then 2 more tough ones on the road before we finally get the Washingtons at home. Could easily be 0-6 if we don’t get a breakthrough somewhere.

I don’t like the unfavorable opening conference schedule, sort of like last year’s. Open with 2 on the road, then face probably the 2 toughest teams at home, then 2 more tough ones on the road before we finally get the Washingtons at home. Could easily be 0-6 if we don’t get a breakthrough somewhere.

Which makes the Iowa game that much bigger. Get that, get a split against the Oregons, and then split the Arizona homestand (I'm still sticking by my prediction that we'll be the team who hands ASU their first loss) and then the LA road trip doesn't mean as much.

Hope you’re right about ASU, coming out of those 6 games 2-4 would be big. I see @OSU as potentially critical for the season, both because we need the W and to prove early we can win pac12 games on the road.

Back