What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker fans

I disagree with this. In my experience, they pretty much go out of their way to ensure everybody knows they're fuskers. I assume anybody not wearing fusker gear is a normal human being.
Even the most rabid of Fusker fans don't wear Fusker gear 24/7, 365. My point is based on my 6+ years of living behind enemy lines that if they aren't wearing Fusker gear, then they will be wearing Estes Park crap or some ****ty Cabela's camo.

Holy cow, ignorance abounds. Most cattle that are born to be butchered have a life that goes like this:
- Born to a mother who is a "breeder", spends her life in pastures and fields eating grass and hay.
- Baby spends most of a year following mom around, eventually weaning, starting to eat grass. In their first spring, they are vaccinated, polled, and boys are castrated (steers here) to let them grow fatter.
- Separated from mom, they now weigh somewhere sound 500# and are kept at the same ranch, or sold to "yearling" operations that continue the grass diet, slowly adding richer alfalfa or something similar, then gradually started on a mix with ground corn. They digest it (with their four "stomachs") much better than people do, and greatly prefer corn to grass - think AllBuffers and burritos, not natural like nuts and berries, but preferred and fattening.
- As they mature, they are able to easily consume more corn, making them fatter and tastier (to most people). At this point, they weigh a nearly 1000# and are generally about a year and a half old. Through brokers or auctions, they are sold to feedlots for "finishing."
- Feedlots increase their protein and carb intake (corn) to make them out on a lot of weight. It's in the feedlot operators best interest to keep the areas dry and as clean as possible for economic reasons - vaccinations aren't cheap, and you can't sell sick cattle for human consumption. They are fed for a few months until they are deemed ripe, then they head to the packing plant.

"Grass fed" doesn't necessarily mean "free range", and they often come from the same place that the corny cattle come from. Corn fed cattle are what most everybody eats in the US, and it's been that way since corn or similarly rich feed became relatively easy to grow, decades ago. Most other places around the world that can afford this process, raise their cattle in a similar fashion. Ranchers and feedlot operators simply fill a demand, if more people decide to go "grass fed", that's what they'll provide.

**** Nebraska.

Fairly accurate. I grew up on a ranch. We pushed our livestock (cattle and sheep) to lots to be "finished" (in before the jokes about finishing sheep).

But feedlots are the reason I buy "natural" grass fed beef.

Concur regarding the statement about demand. Agriculture is amazingly agile, and able to respond to the market surprisingly quickly.

**** nebraska.

Even the most rabid of Fusker fans don't wear Fusker gear 24/7, 365. My point is based on my 6+ years of living behind enemy lines that if they aren't wearing Fusker gear, then they will be wearing Estes Park crap or some ****ty Cabela's camo.
Wrong. Even the general non-game attending fans wandering around the state wear the gear 24/7. Seriously, I have to go to North Platte from time-to-time. 24/7.

Wrong. Even the general non-game attending fans wandering around the state wear the gear 24/7. Seriously, I have to go to North Platte from time-to-time. 24/7.
Dude, I had the misfortune of living in that ****hole for 4 years. I'm not pulling this stuff out of my ass. You have to keep your guard up. Not every Fusker fan will always be outwardly identified. It typically doesn't take very long to identify them but to expect them to be marked 24/7 is a potentially fatal mistake.

It's more like 24 days a month, 7 months a year.

(H/T SNL Will Ferrel making fun of W's 24/7 presidency.)

Fairly accurate. I grew up on a ranch. We pushed our livestock (cattle and sheep) to lots to be "finished" (in before the jokes about finishing sheep).

But feedlots are the reason I buy "natural" grass fed beef.

Concur regarding the statement about demand. Agriculture is amazingly agile, and able to respond to the market surprisingly quickly.

**** nebraska.
Why, I'll be! I grew up ranching, too. Simmental and Black Simmental in NE CO - from start to finish. A lot of neighbors did one or two of the three phases, as I described it. I'm not super fond of feedlots, either.

**** nebraska!

Last edited:
What idiot taught Fusker fans how to use Twitter? You know that they didn't figure it out on their own. There is nothing more pathetic than a 40 something man tweeting a teenage prospect and begging them to be a Fusker.

While I'll be! I grew up ranching, too. Simmental and Black Simmental in NE CO - from start to finish. A lot of neighbors did one or two of the three phases, as I described it. I'm not super fond of feedlots, either.

**** nebraska!
Where did you grow up?

I'll give you a couple of seasons to think about it. Then you'll get over it.

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

My point mostly has to do with not having a game on the calendar every year that you just didnt miss. We dont really have that in the Pac12 yet. With the way these larger conferences are structured you dont get to play everyone every year. The Big 8 was a bit more fun back in the day. UTerus ruined it.

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

My point mostly has to do with not having a game on the calendar every year that you just didnt miss. We dont really have that in the Pac12 yet. With the way these larger conferences are structured you dont get to play everyone every year. The Big 8 was a bit more fun back in the day. UTerus ruined it.

Meh. The Nub and OU matchups were big deals when CU became ranked. But there was a whole lot of ISU, KSU and OkieLight in-between.

I assert that it wasn't the rivalry with Neb that was special, but the fact that CU was ranked and relevant when playing NU that upped the excitement level.

When a top 10 ranked CU plays a ranked PAC-12 foe for a conference championship, that Folsom magic will return. Count on it.

Meh. The Nub and OU matchups were big deals when CU became ranked. But there was a whole lot of ISU, KSU and OkieLight in-between.

I assert that it wasn't the rivalry with Neb that was special, but the fact that CU was ranked and relevant when playing NU that upped the excitement level.

When a top 10 ranked CU plays a ranked PAC-12 foe for a conference championship, that Folsom magic will return. Count on it.
I hope it happens before I qualify for SS and Medicare.

You seem angry....

ewf4jierci7flclfkk4lu7mvw.gif

Back