What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Husker RB Quentin Castille kicked off team

Coloradosker and others...how big a loss is Castille really? Forgive my not knowing but was he expected to get significant playtime? How is the #1 RB?

Any Husker fan that says it isn't a big loss is not being truthful. Castille was slotted to be the 1 A back. Basically what that is, is that he would be the dual starting RB. Helu had the edge based on his speed and catching ablility, but Castille was the bruising back. We do have a great RB freshman (Burkhead) that is really turning some heads in practice, but as we all know, pracitce is a far cry from game day playing. So yes, it will hurt....to what extent? Haven't a clue yet.

I must admit though...Rex Burkhead does have some sweet moves.

Last edited:
Re: Husker RB Quentin Castille kicked off team
Similar to this...
Attached Images
attachment.php

LOL. I don't get this one either, but it is funny.:lol::lol::lol:

I must admit though...Rex Burkhead does have a sweet white ass.

We knew what you meant (You're a nebraska wrestler, aren't you??):lol:

Anyhoo-- back on topic-- kinda-- somebody find the 'stealing my bucket' thing with Newweasel. Might have been back when he was with Washington, but maybe with UCLA last year. That was funny, at least to me.

Admittedly, I didn't know much about Burkhead. He's a true freshman, so I'm not too worried, but then again Speedy looked very nice last year. Who knows. I did come across this video posted on a Nebbish site.

WOW! He has some moves for a white boy...but, that's just high school. VT will welcome him to college football.

YouTube - Rex Burkhead Amazing Running back Highlights!!

I know right. Burkhead was ranked in the top 20 all purpose backs in the country coming out of his recruiting class. He put up 6500 yards plus in 4 years in high school all while playing 6 different posistions.

4.4 forty at 200lbs? If this kid keeps with the program and works hard he could be an amazing back. Great lane vision and god damn the boy can break a tackle. I like that f'ing stiffarm too....almost knocked the CB down with that bad boy.

I've heard from home that he was giving castille a run for his money anyways so I'm not too terribly concerned.

Any Husker fan that says it isn't a big loss is not being truthful. Castille was slotted to be the 1 A back. Basically what that is, is that he would be the dual starting RB. Helu had the edge based on his speed and catching ablility, but Castille was the bruising back. We do have a great RB freshman (Burkhead) that is really turning some heads in practice, but as we all know, pracitce is a far cry from game day playing. So yes, it will hurt....to what extent? Haven't a clue yet.

I must admit though...Rex Burkhead does have some sweet moves.

It's a loss yes.....Is the sky falling? NO

I'm responding to your post exactly the same way I would to anybody else who wrote the same words (which is to say I'm not picking on you simply because I don't like you).

I'd argue that it isn't pertinent to identify Burkhead's race in this context. To say he has moves "for a white" boy suggests predisposed expectations regarding race.

Of course I'd be silly to not acknowledge that black athletes are disproportionately represented on the football field, and comprise a high percentage of the skilled positions.

However, it's my opinion that when we're able evaluate people's skills and contributions on an individual level, we'll be a society which minimizes racial stereotypes, and that much closer to realizing the American Dream.

Simply put, the dood has moves.

I smell a douche-baggery post :smile2:

Back