What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers back to back in Boulder

Unleash Hell

We used to have the corn in Boulder on even years, but we played them in back to back years in Boulder in 86 and 87. Does anybody know why we played them two years in a row here? I have always wondered that.

We used to have the corn in Boulder on even years, but we played them in back to back years in Boulder in 86 and 87. Does anybody know why we played them two years in a row here? I have always wondered that.

great question because I've always wondered that too!!!!! I'll ask over at the "max" too to help our chances...

From "Merle" on "Max"

I believe it had to with schedule shuffling the Big 8 did, everybody had a back to back with somebody as I remember. I think if you check all the 8 members' schedules for those years, you will find that was the case.​

from "huskerdan1" at "max"

IIRC the schedule shuffling was done because some teams were playing in Norman and Lincoln in the same year. The shuffling was done so that each of the other six would get either the Sooners or Huskers at home every year.​

same thing...AD did not like the season ticket package in the away years

:yeahthat: Season ticket sales were sharply off in the seasons when CU played both Oklahoma and Nebraska on the road (the same was true for the other members of the "Little Six". The switch gave CU the chance to play Nebraska at home the year after the 20-10 win in 1986, but the Buffs couldn't take advantage, falling 24-7 to No. 5 Nebraska in the season finale (and staying home uninvited from the bowls despite a 7-4 record. My, how times have changed!).

Back