What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers first to be rejected by Tad

This is correct. Thank you. However, if CU wanted to provide their own water supply, they could do so and Boulder couldn't stop them. All CU wants to do with the South campus is athletic facilities, so water is a very minimal concern. If CU *really* wanted to build on the South Campus, they would. They'd go to Boulder and say "your choice is this, either sell us the water taps, or we truck in our own water. Either way, we build. In one scenario, you receive some income, in the other, you don't - your choice." In that situation, the taps get issued in about 10 seconds.

The idea of trucking in water would be cost prohibitive as would most plans for other sources of water.

That said if the will existed within CU and the state government there is no question that Boulder would provide water. The school has the power to make things much easier for Boulder by cooperating in other ways or to make life miserable for Boulder by the things they could do without the city's permission that the city doesn't want to happen. The same thing is true for action out of the statehouse to an even greater degree.

When and if CU decides to develop the south campus it will be developed and with Boulder water. It is just a question of what will be used to persuade the city to go along.

I'd love to see Jean and Mike get HC opportunities. CSU doesn't lose much and it would be a good situation for either to get their HC careers started. I hope they get consideration.

BTW Nebraska looks to be stepping up their commitment to basketball.

http://www.thisisnebraska.com/mbb_facilities.php?sport=mbb

I know the red may hurt your eyes...and your souls, but check out the new arena/training facility. It is pretty awesome. They have the money to do just about anything there. Throw enough cash at a problem and sometimes it gets fixed. I don't think the nubs will ever win a conference title in the B1G but they could show up in the NCAA tourney every now and then if they really show an investment into hoops.

Yes, it is pretty awesome! Nice facility and very close to campus and downtown. It's going to serve a great need in the Lincoln area. It's going to be one of the best in the Country. Wouldn't it be something if the "nubs" won a conference championship! I agree, it probably won't happen for some time if ever.

Haha I wish. Problem with Boulder/CU vs Lincoln/NU is that Lincoln lets NU do what it wants, because they understand that the only reason people live there and have jobs there is because of Nebraska athletics. I mean letting a college team put up a gigantic arena in the middle of down town is a big deal. even if it is Lincoln, Nebraska.

Boulder would never let that happen. They won't even let CU build on its own land (see south campus). The town along with the Regents/President/Dean/Superintendent of the University do not understand or appreciate the immense value of a successful athletic program not only to the image of the University but to the image and the economy of the surrounding community.

Every major college city takes care of its major employers just the same as Boulder does for CU. I don't think it is fare to assume the only reason people live in Lincoln is because of the University.

Finally, you better do some fact checking when it comes jacking your jaws about the location of the arena. It's "not" in the middle of downtown. It's on the edge of the Hay Market area and takes up space where the railroad once had tracks, which have now been relocated to the west to allow for construction of the arena and the required parking. Seems it will fit perfectly with the master plan for the area.

Yes, I know that the University of Colorado is presently "King of the **** pile" when it comes to Pac 12 Basketball. Enjoy the ride while it lasts. I actually envy the Colorado Basketball program and what Coach Boyle brings to the table. He's the real deal and a great fit. I think he will stay in Boulder for a long time.

EDIT: Looks more and more like Nebraska has it's Basketball Coach.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...eal-tim-miles-colorado-state-rams-sources-say

Last edited:
Yes, it is pretty awesome! Nice facility and very close to campus and downtown. It's going to serve a great need in the Lincoln area. It's going to be one of the best in the Country. Wouldn't it be something if the "nubs" won a conference championship! I agree, it probably won't happen for some time if ever.

Every major college city takes care of its major employers just the same as Boulder does for CU. I don't think it is fare to assume the only reason people live in Lincoln is because of the University.

Finally, you better do some fact checking when it comes jacking your jaws about the location of the arena. It's "not" in the middle of downtown. It's on the edge of the Hay Market area and takes up space where the railroad once had tracks, which have now been relocated to the west to allow for construction of the arena and the required parking. Seems it will fit perfectly with the master plan for the area.

Yes, I know that the University of Colorado is presently "King of the **** pile" when it comes to Pac 12 Basketball. Enjoy the ride while it lasts. I actually envy the Colorado Basketball program and what Coach Boyle brings to the table. He's the real deal and a great fit. I think he will stay in Boulder for a long time.

I always enjoy seeing the nubs lose and never wish them well. That said Miles may have some success in Neb, he's a solid coach who did well with a lot less resources at CSU than he will have now. If he has some success I can see him staying there as well. He's from S. Dakota and prior to CSU spent a lot of his coaching career in the midwest/northern plains. NU is probably the closest he is going to get a major program to home and he knows a lot of the HSs and coaches. If they have some patience with him he could build a more solid program than the corn have had for years. The problem is that things didn't get any easier for them going to the B10 from the B12.

EDIT: Looks more and more like Nebraska has it's Basketball Coach.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...eal-tim-miles-colorado-state-rams-sources-say

Well name one other reason people would live in Lincoln? I'm serious as a heart attack. Why? So they can live in the Hay Market area? Nebraska is literally good for one thing: putting the corn in my poop.

Yes, we will enjoy our ride in Basketball, and I feel pretty confident in saying the Nubs won't be sniffing our jocks for a long time.

CU needs an artists rendering of a 200 ft tall phallic symbol on the south campus. Tell Boulder, "This doesn't need water."

How about well water? Don't know if it's feasible or not. Would probably require treatment.

CU needs an artists rendering of a 200 ft tall phallic symbol on the south campus. Tell Boulder, "This doesn't need water."

How about well water? Don't know if it's feasible or not. Would probably require treatment.

City basically owns rights to everything under the ground that isnt dirt.

And to the nebraska poster, You are correct, my bad, Downtown lincoln is about 4 blocks away. Give me a break. The heart of that town sn the University anyway.

Good luck to Miles, he's going to need it. Believe it or not, making CSU competitive in the MWC is a far easier task than making Nebraska a contender in the B1G. And new building a new arena doesn't just switch on a light bulb and make everything dandy for a long-struggling basketball program. We're talking about a Husker program that has literally NEVER won an NCAA Tournament game, and a fanbase that are all Creighton "fans" when hoops season comes around. This is going to be an uphill battle, to say the least. He's going to need 5-7 years to lay the groundwork and get this thing established.

City basically owns rights to everything under the ground that isnt dirt.

And to the nebraska poster, You are correct, my bad, Downtown lincoln is about 4 blocks away. Give me a break. The heart of that town sn the University anyway.
Directional drilling! :lol:

Good luck to Miles, he's going to need it. Believe it or not, making CSU competitive in the MWC is a far easier task than making Nebraska a contender in the B1G. And new building a new arena doesn't just switch on a light bulb and make everything dandy for a long-struggling basketball program. We're talking about a Husker program that has literally NEVER won an NCAA Tournament game, and a fanbase that are all Creighton "fans" when hoops season comes around. This is going to be an uphill battle, to say the least. He's going to need 5-7 years to lay the groundwork and get this thing established.

^^This^^

Nobody in the MWC with budgets like Michigan and tOSU, histories like Indiana or Mich State. Uphill battle all the way just to get competitive. kNU should be used to that though after getting hammered year after year by Kansas, Mizzou, Okie Light, etc in the B12/Texas

I'd love to see Jean and Mike get HC opportunities. CSU doesn't lose much and it would be a good situation for either to get their HC careers started. I hope they get consideration.

I hope csu falls into the abyss. **** them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is amused at the fact that the fuskers first went after Boyle, who turned them down flat, then they went to Miles, who couldn't get out of Fart Collins fast enough.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is amused at the fact that the fuskers first went after Boyle, who turned them down flat, then they went to Miles, who couldn't get out of Fart Collins fast enough.

But, but, If you ask them they are our equal, not little brother. They are big time, they deserve respect.

This is going to continue to happen to them. They are a steppingstone program. Any coach who has success is going to jump at the bigger money and resources that CSU can't match. The only exceptions are if they get somebody who is a program legacy who has strong loyalty to them (worked well with Fairchild :rofl:, or somebody who doesn't have a lot of other choices like Sonny who was old enough that his chances for major programs had passed him by.

They can talk all they want but until they figure out some magical way to bring their budget up off the floor this is going to happen every time they have a successful coach.

i am amused that our neighbor to the northeast can't seem to pull away from it's big brother and make its way on its own....

But, but, If you ask them they are our equal, not little brother. They are big time, they deserve respect.

This is going to continue to happen to them. They are a steppingstone program. Any coach who has success is going to jump at the bigger money and resources that CSU can't match. The only exceptions are if they get somebody who is a program legacy who has strong loyalty to them (worked well with Fairchild :rofl:, or somebody who doesn't have a lot of other choices like Sonny who was old enough that his chances for major programs had passed him by.

They can talk all they want but until they figure out some magical way to bring their budget up off the floor this is going to happen every time they have a successful coach.

If this doesn't make them see the writing on the wall with McElwhine, they're not paying attention.... :lol:

If this doesn't make them see the writing on the wall with McElwhine, they're not paying attention.... :lol:

They love COACH MAC

Despite his horrendous first recruiting class. They're convinced that he is recruiting kids, like Berk, away from CU :smile2:

How many wins does he need to get the offer that has him on the next moving van out of Ft. Collins? Does 6-6 with a minor bowl win get him out or does he have to win 7 in season?

Can't win for CSU. If he loses like SF did they can't afford to buy him out and get rid of him. If he wins he is gone faster than a beer in the hand of certain posters on this site. (I wanted to insert a "Snowballs" joke here but didn't know how many would remember that thread from a few days ago.)

Back