What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers first to be rejected by Tad

I can't figure out where all this cash is coming from. Not talking about the stadium, but the AD buyout, Fairchild buyout, McElwain salary, and the salary for their new bball coach which they expect to be around $1MM

I can't figure out where all this cash is coming from. Not talking about the stadium, but the AD buyout, Fairchild buyout, McElwain salary, and the salary for their new bball coach which they expect to be around $1MM

I have no idea. We know they don't get a damn thing from the state.

Considering their media deal pays about $2 million a year, they get like 20k in attendance for football, and I'm pretty sure they're under a large debt obligation for that half-field indoor practice facility... I just don't get it.

Is the school underwriting the AD?

I think Graham is personally funding a lot of their expenditures. But, who knows. My brother meets with Graham and brought up taking students to the tourney (got the idea from CU) and was told they didn't have the $$$

The news said that both buyouts were paid with 'private funds' - i just can't imagine that they have nearly $2MM in donations lying around to burn on buyouts.

But, just on the FB coach, next BB coach, and the 2 buyouts, they're looking at nearly $5MM in costs.

This site says their 2009 - 2010 revenue was only $7.2MM for football

http://businessofcollegesports.com/tag/san-diego-state/

Their AD as a whole makes a profit of $700k during that same period. If you were to assume that their margin was steady since that data, their entire margin would/will be gone just on the salaries of the new coaches.

The news said that both buyouts were paid with 'private funds' - i just can't imagine that they have nearly $2MM in donations lying around to burn on buyouts.

But, just on the FB coach, next BB coach, and the 2 buyouts, they're looking at nearly $5MM in costs.

This site says their 2009 - 2010 revenue was only $7.2MM for football

http://businessofcollegesports.com/tag/san-diego-state/

Their AD as a whole makes a profit of $700k during that same period. If you were to assume that their margin was steady since that data, their entire margin would/will be gone just on the salaries of the new coaches.

I wonder what happens to their budget now that they're no longer getting their cut from other conference members (TCU, Utah, Boise State) getting BCS bowl payouts for the MWC. Not gonna be likely that anyone from that new conference will make it.

I don't remember the site and I'm not going to bother looking for it now but a while back there was a link here with a listing of how much each school subsidized their athletic programs. The numbers are hard to pin down exactly because of various means of accounting, things like do you count student fees as a subsidy if they get athletic passes or on the other side CU where the AD pays out of state tuition for every football player even those who are in state students.

This link indicated that CSU subsidizes athletics as a whole to the tune of about $15 million a year which is a little over half their total budget. CU was listed as the only school in this region that was fully self-funding. A small number of schools actually turn a profit (on paper) for the school wit athletics but again these numbers are hard to define. How many millions of dollars of donations come about to schools because some alum is proud of his school going the the X bowl or beating the traditional rival on national TV?

Also funny, but Ram fans think Miles buyout is 3+ million:lol:

Might be a new revenue source for them. Hire up and coming new coaches, sign a contract with a big buyout, and find other schools to hire them.

More effective than trying to sell football tickets for them.

There is absolutely no way that CSU can maintain this pace of spending without major donors stepping up. As mentioned above, in addition to peanuts in TV revenue, they get lousy attendance in both football and even this season in bball. They do not have a viable fiscal model.

CSU penis envy from rn:

"CSU's student group will be named RAM Ruckus and
will include reward points for going to games. The people with the most
points at the end will get free NCAA tourney/bowl game/away game/MWC
tourney tickets and transportation"

CSU penis envy from rn:

"CSU's student group will be named RAM Rumps and

fify

CSU penis envy from rn:

"CSU's student group will be named RAM Ruckus and

What happens if they have more prizes than student fans who qualify?

Rams planning on winning Megabucks friday or something? I still don't see how they plan on paying for all the **** they're doing.

Back